Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9182 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 05:49:56 AM »
Dont know what to think of this.

Its okay I guess.

Feelin the beat. I will bump it some more and leave my thoughts.

snoop

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 05:51:08 AM »
outside of shit popped off, i think this song has the most potential of all the leaks/releases i've heard associated with detox. we will probably never hear the finished version though.

prob should have released this in place of kush.

it has a different sound to it, which i like. i'm tired of hearing the same shit over and over.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:08:14 AM by snoop »

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
yeah, pretty sure its unfinished.

music dont always have to be musical tho..
enjoy it for what it is.. "BANG, BOOM, BANG, BOOM"
break a neck   :)

Well granted Dre would make that BOOM BOOM POW jump out with the final mix.

All the elements are just a bit disjointed right now, but I can feel Dre's energy on it and it's crazy!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 06:01:52 AM »
LMAO @ this bein better than Chillin.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 06:07:51 AM »
damn... i know i sound like a hater but i've just lost my last hopes for Detox...

Cali_Heat

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 06:08:46 AM »
Track is Dope but not finished ,whats going on with all the leaks?Dre needs to long for making Detox all the Tracks leaked before the Album comes out!

Okka

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 06:12:08 AM »
Hahah, did Dr. Dre say "i know you can't take these awful songs".

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 06:14:22 AM »
song is cool, i like it better than chillin but thats not sayin much, i only listened to that once (swizz beatz hook? really dre?).

the beat to this is kinda catchy and dres flow sounds better but i cant get with sly sounding like nate dogg.. sorry maybe its just too soon since his passing.. this was probably recording before his death anyway but still, very weird listening to this.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
This is a farce.  What is this nonsense?  The Dr. Dre we grew up with and loved could have thrown this song together in five mins back in the 90s.  Wow, how the mighty have fallen.  :'(  Chillin was ok.  I liked it.  I also liked the one with Jay-Z.  And of course Topless is still the best of all the "Detox"-affiliated tracks over the years.  The only way to make sense of this is to conclude that this is a farce.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:59 AM »
one question... is this still a hip hop music? i mean, nowadays you got guys rapping on songs of any genres... and this one doesn't sound like hip hop song imo (except the vocals)

edit: i think i know now... Dre must have made that beat for Lady Gaga but she never used it
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:27:23 AM by shoo »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 06:25:20 AM »
song is cool, i like it better than chillin but thats not sayin much, i only listened to that once (swizz beatz hook? really dre?).

the beat to this is kinda catchy and dres flow sounds better but i cant get with sly sounding like nate dogg.. sorry maybe its just too soon since his passing.. this was probably recording before his death anyway but still, very weird listening to this.

It was probably a place-holder like Kush was. If Nate had made a full recovery, he'd have been on the tracks.

Lucifuge

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier)
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 06:26:53 AM »
Noooooooooo!!! This should not go on Detox. It's don't fit for the album. I like that Dre is doing different kind of records but, Detox should be tha straight hardcore westcoast music that we love from Dre mixed in with where Dre is today (as far as lyrical content). I know Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, and The D.O.C. have all wrote some great material for Dre.

How the fuck you know whats fit on detox. i mean c'mon.U dont like nothing, its ok track but those hi hats are wack, thats means songs is wack. c'mon. :-X :-X

Beat bangs hard!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:30:07 AM by Lucifuge »
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Klue

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »
the last part of the track is a fuckin WTF!???

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »
one question... is this still a hip hop music? i mean, nowadays you got guys rapping on songs of any genres... and this one doesn't sound like hip hop song imo (except the vocals)

edit: i think i know now... Dre must have made that beat for Lady Gaga but she never used it

True but imagine this song finished with a Gaga verse or two. Shit would be massive for Dre.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »

It was probably a place-holder like Kush was. If Nate had made a full recovery, he'd have been on the tracks.

if wishes were horses beggars would ride...

and who told you it was a place-holder? was it confirmed. and if it was... was it before or after Nate's passing?