Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9115 times)

Sccit

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2011, 03:31:27 AM »
Anyone that says Under Pressure or this song is wack needs to move on with the times

I love Hip Hop, from KRS-1, to NWA, to G Funk Era, To Wu, Nas, BIG, some Jigga, Snoop, Eminem, 2001 era, Kanye, Lupe, Lil Wayne. I like the old stuff, but the new stuff is great. This is what is hitting these days in clubs, something a lil more uptempo. This would go off in clubs. This is the direction Dre needs to go into. He always is known to change a Genre, and some of the people here still want everything to sound liek G Funk, or 2001 era. Gotta realise that things change and you adapt to it or get left behind in the wind.

This song is obviously unfinished but despite the leak I hope Dre keeps workin on it and releases this, along with Under Pressure, Shit Popped Off, This is Detox

I love Topless, and Kush, but it sounds too much like 2001. It sounds only slightly evolved from that era. I need a Doctor was more an Eminem paying tribute/trying to inspire Dre.

However these songs I've listed would bang in cars and clubs and will be the thing that brings Dre back to the top of the game.

are u out ya damn mind? this cant be the same engies from the old dre2001 forums? no way, can't be!....come on, my dude. the electro/dance/hip-hop sound is nothing new, tons of commercial artists have already done this played out style and it's been all over the radio for quite some time. dre is not innovating, he is emulating, and frankly, this garbage sucks...like some other posters said, this is what you'd expect to hear lady gaga or britney spears or usher on...generic pop artists, not the greatest hip hop producer of all time. i really thought it couldn't get any worse than "chillin", but this shit is pure garbage...awful. hopefully these are just experimental tracks and not something intended for the finished project, because we all know dre can do much better. doesn't have to be gangsta shit, but not this poppy ass generic shit we're getting. anything but this!

Will_B

« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:38 AM »
This is on the will.i.am My Humps vibe, listen to the bit where Slim comes in..he just falls short of saying Boom Boom Pow, with a voice effect not unlike...will.i.am! :laugh:

Sing along

"I mix your milk wit my cocoa puff,
Milky, milky cocoa,
Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight"

Mr. Prescription is on same formular. Wouldn't be surprised if will.i.am is responsible.

He's been at the forefront of destroying any glimmer of good music making a come back in the mainstream these last few years. :nawty:

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2011, 04:19:35 AM »
Sigh... if Detox is all stuff like this then I guess it's not for me... not hating though, maybe this is perfect for other folks

Now I know what older people mean when they hear something and they're like, "this is just noise"... that's kinda what these new Dre tracks are like for me, just a bunch of stuff happening all at once that I'm not able to like
it's robot music.

anyway, the person who leaked this also leaked I need a doctor right?

yup. koolo

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
I like this track. I think the beat is dope. (Khalil elements/sounds or am i up too late and im hearing things that arent there?)

I definitely agree that Dre's voice is dope too.

Seriously,you like it knowing that this might be on detox,at least might be the direction...i don't see the difference with what the BEP put nowadays...

I dont like it just for the simple fact that it MIGHT be on Detox. As far as what to expect for Detox, a couple years ago i used to expect/want Detox to be on some westcoast gangsta classic Dre vibe just updated for 00's. but not im not expecting any particular direction. Not expecting or looking out for G-Funk beats on a 2011 vibe, not expecting club/dance tracks or laidback westcoast gangsta tracks, just taking each track as it comes and judging it on what it is. I like this coz i think the drums are sick, Nikki sounds dope and Dre sounds dope. thats it.

what's dope in these drums? what's dope in Nikki and Dre? this is SERIOUS question... can you explain me what stands out in this song in comparision with recent pop hits? Because i think it's a weak song even for a pop standards. Beat sounds like it was made for Lady Gaga but she refused using it becaus it was too weak for her standards. Sly sounds like Timbo-wannabe and Dre sounds like any other rap act on pop songs. Maybe i'm wrong but i really think this song is THAT WEAK. FYI - i'm not hating. I  have no expectations for detox or recent rap music. i can listen to any genre that can provide good music...

are u out ya damn mind? this cant be the same engies from the old dre2001 forums? no way, can't be!....come on, my dude. the electro/dance/hip-hop sound is nothing new, tons of commercial artists have already done this played out style and it's been all over the radio for quite some time. dre is not innovating, he is emulating, and frankly, this garbage sucks...like some other posters said, this is what you'd expect to hear lady gaga or britney spears or usher on...generic pop artists, not the greatest hip hop producer of all time. i really thought it couldn't get any worse than "chillin", but this shit is pure garbage...awful. hopefully these are just experimental tracks and not something intended for the finished project, because we all know dre can do much better. doesn't have to be gangsta shit, but not this poppy ass generic shit we're getting. anything but this!

totally agree except i have no expectations for his new sound. what is more.. if he wants to emulate that sound he better do it good. now he's more like broken copy machine
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:38:12 AM by shoo »

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2011, 04:41:28 AM »
Dope beat but most def its not finished..

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2011, 05:28:57 AM »
Gotta wonder why Dre is acting like a new jack/label whore instead of just doing him - Or Storch, Or Mel Man, Or JFlexx ;)

snoop

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2011, 06:01:52 AM »
Gotta wonder why Dre is acting like a new jack/label whore instead of just doing him - Or Storch, Or Mel Man, Or JFlexx ;)

Just because Dre changes his style doesn't mean that someone at Interscope made him do it. How do you know it isnt the direction that he himself wants to take Detox in?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »

I guess this is another track "paying homage" to Nate Dogg.  ::)
does sly really sound like nate on this song to you?
by the way, don't forget that this song was probably made before nate passed away.
the imitation on kush is lame though

Anyone that says Under Pressure or this song is wack needs to move on with the times

I love Hip Hop, from KRS-1, to NWA, to G Funk Era, To Wu, Nas, BIG, some Jigga, Snoop, Eminem, 2001 era, Kanye, Lupe, Lil Wayne. I like the old stuff, but the new stuff is great. This is what is hitting these days in clubs, something a lil more uptempo. This would go off in clubs. This is the direction Dre needs to go into. He always is known to change a Genre, and some of the people here still want everything to sound liek G Funk, or 2001 era. Gotta realise that things change and you adapt to it or get left behind in the wind.

This song is obviously unfinished but despite the leak I hope Dre keeps workin on it and releases this, along with Under Pressure, Shit Popped Off, This is Detox

I love Topless, and Kush, but it sounds too much like 2001. It sounds only slightly evolved from that era. I need a Doctor was more an Eminem paying tribute/trying to inspire Dre.

However these songs I've listed would bang in cars and clubs and will be the thing that brings Dre back to the top of the game.
the go with the times argument is bullshit.
dre had his own sound that was fine

we all know "If we heard it already, it's not gonna be on Detox"
what about the last two singles? they "leaked"

Sigh... if Detox is all stuff like this then I guess it's not for me... not hating though, maybe this is perfect for other folks

Now I know what older people mean when they hear something and they're like, "this is just noise"... that's kinda what these new Dre tracks are like for me, just a bunch of stuff happening all at once that I'm not able to like
it's robot music.

anyway, the person who leaked this also leaked I need a doctor right?

yup. koolo
i thought so, thanks for the confirmation.
so this song could end up on Detox

Just because Dre changes his style doesn't mean that someone at Interscope made him do it. How do you know it isnt the direction that he himself wants to take Detox in?
yeah i mean i'm sure interscope wants a certain type of formula with the singles, but i would mainly blame dre for the direction

snoop

« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:44 AM »
exactly.

if dre wants to go a certain direction with the album, i am sure it will be dope. right now we are analyzing a three year old unfinished track that most likely won't be on the album, so it's kinda pointless to get worked up over it.

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »
Bet 100 bucks it's a Scott Storch's beat

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2011, 06:40:24 AM »

what is your twitter source? lol

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »

Probably not since Dre wasn't working with Scott 3 years ago.

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »

Probably not since Dre wasn't working with Scott 3 years ago.

They don't need to work together to make a song.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:43:45 AM by DetoxIsntAMyth »

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2011, 06:44:37 AM »

what is your twitter source? lol

I don't but in the break the way he put 100 kick every 2 seconds it's typical his style + the beat's form sounds like Under Pressure

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2011, 06:45:49 AM »
Next!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network