Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9177 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »
This is a perfect single. Hopefully dre releases it next.

Btw: the more I hear this sly dude the more I'm convinced dre only works with him cuz he's a nate dogg soundalike. Dude sounds like a lifeless statue on this song. If he wanted a nate dogg soundalike he shouldve atleast got chink santana lol
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

B.A.

« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »
wow this song is sooo different...im perplexed. i dont know if i think its amazing or junk but i keep listening to it! lol

"Warning from the surgeon general...Watch out for fake hits and bullshit, it sounds identical"
- Dr. Dre from Xzibit ft. Dr. Dre - Symphony In X Major

Damn, I think Dre forgot he said that. That's exactly what he's putting out.

From the looks of it, if Detox is going to have more music on this level it seems like Dre is going for a more dance/pop sound (with a touch of "I Need A Doctor" fake ass "I Like The Way You Lie" shit). Dre went back to his old World Class Wreckin' Cru days I guess. The sad thing is that even if Dre does have other music on Detox that is actually dope the album is going to be far from classic because it's going to be so uneven with songs like Mr. Prescription on it. Come on Dre this your last album homie (supposedly), don't go out like that...
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Hittman2001

« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
Lol funny how a few months ago Dre working with Lady Gaga would've been the end of the world to dubcc. Now niggaz are actively suggesting it.

I think only one dude suggested it. The rest of us just said that it sound like somethin that would fit Gaga/made for Gaga

see the difference?

yeah i suggested it...its just a song...dont know why people take this stuff so seriously.  i've been waiting for this album as long as anyone, about 3-5 years ago i would've caught feelings over what dre's releasing now.  but i've realized my tastes in music has changed in that time and there no sense in getting caught up in the past or in the hype.  I know I'll enjoy what Dre ultimately puts out regardless of the direction. 

Woodrow

« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
This song stinks.

The Swiss beats song stinks.

I need a Doctor is pure emo trash bullshit.

Kush was good, but it felt forced.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2011, 01:23:32 AM »
i think the beat is slightly better than Under pressure, for robot music it's decent at best
wow this song is sooo different...im perplexed. i dont know if i think its amazing or junk but i keep listening to it! lol

"Warning from the surgeon general...Watch out for fake hits and bullshit, it sounds identical"
- Dr. Dre from Xzibit ft. Dr. Dre - Symphony In X Major

Damn, I think Dre forgot he said that. That's exactly what he's putting out.

From the looks of it, if Detox is going to have more music on this level it seems like Dre is going for a more dance/pop sound (with a touch of "I Need A Doctor" fake ass "I Like The Way You Lie" shit). Dre went back to his old World Class Wreckin' Cru days I guess. The sad thing is that even if Dre does have other music on Detox that is actually dope the album is going to be far from classic because it's going to be so uneven with songs like Mr. Prescription on it. Come on Dre this your last album homie (supposedly), don't go out like that...
yeah :P

Sccit

« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »
This is a perfect single. Hopefully dre releases it next.

Btw: the more I hear this sly dude the more I'm convinced dre only works with him cuz he's a nate dogg soundalike. Dude sounds like a lifeless statue on this song. If he wanted a nate dogg soundalike he shouldve atleast got chink santana lol

yea, this would be a perfect single if it were black eyed peas we were talkin about...only it's not, it's dr. dre.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
song grew on me a little :-\

still not Detox material but better than the Swizz track

shu

« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
we need Xzibit  on detox

Will_B

« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
we need Xzibit  on detox

Actually I'll add, who could jump straight on a Detox track and bring instant heat..no rusty bullshit...and certainly not need a vese written for them!

Xzibit, Snoop (of course), Rage, RBX (without a doubt), Butch Cassidy, Kokane, Suga Free, Quik, Devin, Knoc, 6-2 and....Daz!

No bullshit 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:34:06 AM by OG Will_B »

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
we need Xzibit  on detox

Actually I'll add, who could jump straight on a Detox track and bring instant heat..no rusty bullshit...and certainly not need a vese written for them!

Xzibit, Snoop (of course), Rage, RBX (without a doubt), Butch Cassidy, Kokane, Suga Free, Quik, Devin, Knoc, 6-2 and....Daz!

No bullshit 8) 8)

busta, nas, jay z, em, bishop, ice cube ?
even 50 and game could kill a verse or 2

The D.O.C and

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2011, 02:17:09 PM »
Wtf am I listening to? lol.

Detox will get some getting used to..... it definately won't be a keeper.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »
Dude rbx sucks! Get over his verses on the 92 chronic

Lol @ people hating this song when someof you referred to snoop's "da game is to be sold not told" as a classic and saying r&g was creative / refreshing

My prescription > your lives
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »
Played this for someone on Beats by Dre, even with the warning that it was comedy, he laughed his ass off after just the first few bars. This shit is comedy, rather than music.

love33

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
This is GREAT music...modernizing his sound and working with the RIGHT people...I love "Chillin" and this track...Kush is good when it's speeded up and "I need a doctor" is terrible....I hope he works with Drake and David Guetta

Matty

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
This is GREAT music...modernizing his sound and working with the RIGHT people...I love "Chillin" and this track...Kush is good when it's speeded up and "I need a doctor" is terrible....I hope he works with Drake and David Guetta

:pirate: