Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9174 times)

Will_B

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:30 AM »
As Invincible said, Dre's energy and vocals are dope on this but the beat... sounds like something RedOne did for Lady Gaga....

OG Will_B is right tho, if he puts Gaga on this, it would be a massive radio heat, in my opinion.

the question is... are we waiting for massive radio heat or good music. i'm afraid it doesn't mix these days...

Dre gettin his shit right and making a hit that makes the world stand up!!

If Dre gets his formula right he'd probably put out 12 more tracks that compliment it and we'd have a Detox..

Portugoal

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:21 AM »
I like Dre's flow and with better speakers, I'm sure the beat sounds good too.

Other than that... :eh:

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:53 AM »
As Invincible said, Dre's energy and vocals are dope on this but the beat... sounds like something RedOne did for Lady Gaga....

OG Will_B is right tho, if he puts Gaga on this, it would be a massive radio heat, in my opinion.

the question is... are we waiting for massive radio heat or good music. i'm afraid it doesn't mix these days...

If Dre gets his formula right he'd probably put out 12 more tracks that compliment it and we'd have a Detox..

ok. so for now we're far away from having Detox lol. what about another 12years??? lol peace

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »

Preach. If you can't tell by now Dre is just searching for that single that will be larger than life, I don't know what to tell you.

He's even gone to the point of having just one verse on a song lol.

papa-smurf

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:46 AM »
whoever wrote this 4 dre did a good job but the track is wack,i lost hope in detox

MistaNova

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 07:12:08 AM »
Dope ass beat. Though Dre's unconfident and rushed verse and open space at the end shows that this track is unfinished. It also shows what kind of sound Dre was going for at one point for Detox (same goes for Kush, Under Pressure and INAD). Not sure if this is the sound that'll be ultimately used on Detox but it seems that Dre's gone through at least 3 different sounds for it at this point. Those that sounded like 2001 leftovers (as heard on the The Knoc & Weed Snortin'), the orchestral bangers with thick ass bass (Get Low, Outta Control Remix, Where I'm From) and the club-type techno sound Akon was talking about (Under Pressure & this). I'm sure this forum's already debated and can explain like a dozen different stages Detox has been through at this point though.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:50 AM »
at Will B & Pianist: I actually could imagine Gaga on this.

It would be a hit.

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 07:24:47 AM »
Beat does bang, reminds me of Under Pressure, would be a cool Britney/Lady Gaga song.

This shit should be nowhere near detox

The Predator

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »
What the fucking hell?!

Dre trying to sound like he a Dr Sexy on pop records, 'Project Detox' sounding more and more like a fiasco.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:32 AM »
at Will B & Pianist: I actually could imagine Gaga on this.

It would be a hit.

Indeed ! This is one hell of a good pop song.

But as far as this rumored to be on detox , this is all I have to say...

TRG

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »
I like this track. I think the beat is dope. (Khalil elements/sounds or am i up too late and im hearing things that arent there?)

I definitely agree that Dre's voice is dope too.

amin_54

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
I like this track. I think the beat is dope. (Khalil elements/sounds or am i up too late and im hearing things that arent there?)

Seriously,you like it knowing that this might be on detox,at least might be the direction...i don't see the difference with what the BEP put nowadays...

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:40 AM »

Nah, I hear Khalil sounds too lol. Remember that in that HHDX article, he said he was working on some pop sounding records as well...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »

This shit should be nowhere near detox

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens