Author Topic: How To Get Better Lyrics  (Read 434 times)

LoDaMack

• Lil Geezy
How To Get Better Lyrics
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
How To Get Better Lyrics

By LoDaMack AKA Lorenzo West

Wether you're an advanced artist, or just starting out in the game, the one thing that all rappers and singers need is...
LYRICS! If you're a more advanced artist, this is sure to help further you in your journey to the top.
However, if you're a beginner, this guide will catapult you to the next level in virtually NO TIME! You can pick and choose
which methods to try freely, but for the ABSOLUTE BEST results follow this guide EXACTLY!

Step 1.Read Daily.
       Reading is the NUMBER ONE pathway to gaining better lyrics. Not only does it increase your Rap skills, reading also
       expands your vocabulary. When the vocabulary is expanded, YOU, the rapper,singer, or songwriter is able to express
       himself much more freely, fluently, and accurately. Most people only use a certain amount of words per day, even in a lifetime.
       Just imagine if you learned 20 or more new words, and could use them correctly in a sentence...The next time you hit the studio
       to record your one of your songs, you'll sound like a much more advanced artist! This is the first and most important step to
       gaining better lyrics. With that being said, pick up some books that interest you, as well as some magazines, more web articles like these
       and be sure to READ EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Step 2.Write Daily.
       Just as reading is fundamental to gaining better lyrics, writing is also an essential part of your journey. Wether it's a full song,
       a verse, or a few punch-lines, if you want to be the BEST rapper or singer, you have to write EVERY SINGLE DAY! Even if it seems like
       you're not getting better. The more you work at writing, the tighter your rhymes will become. Just throw on your favorite instrumentals,
       vibe to them, and write whatever comes to you. It does'nt really matter what you're writing, just be sure to do it as much as possible.
       It's also good to write about different subjects. Challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone, and every now and then, try different
       styles of writing. Remember... whenever you write, you're increasing the quality of your lyrics... Be sure to WRITE EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Step 3.Freestyling.
       Although you may not know this, but freestyling can help you achieve better lyrics. Freestyling is an art form  that requires one to think on
       His/her feet, have fluidity, and constantly be creative. It doesn't matter if you're a begginer or an expert... Everyone should try
       freestyling. You'd be amazed at what you'll come up with on the fly! If you are a beginner, don't worry about sounding SO good at first,
       you WILL get better. Just practice with the ultimate goal of being the best you possibly can be at your craft. Some of the best rappers can
       freestyle. It also makes coming up with songs a lot easier. With regular practice, you'll start to notice your skills getting sharp as a
       razor blade!

Step 4.Listen to other Artists with Lyrics.
       One of the most important things to do on top of the prior tips is to listen to artists with great lyrics. Just as the old saying goes,
       "You are what you eat," I also believe that "You are what you listen to". A lot of times when you first start writing, you tend to
       sound a lot like the artists that you listen to the most. An example of artists with good lyrics would be Jay-Z, Nas, 2Pac, Biggie,
       Common, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, The Game, Jadakiss, Cam'ron, T.I., Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, and many others! You should also listen to artists that
       are considered to be from the "Golden Era" of Hip-Hop. These are some of those artists: Eric B. Rakim, EPMD, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, KRS-One,
       Public Enemy, NWA, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah and more! Jamming other artists with impeccable lyrics on the regular will inspire you
       and drive you to work harder to enhance your lyrics.

Step 5.Get Better Beats!
       Last but not least, you need HOT BEATS! Ideas can come from anywhere, but most of the time our main source of inspiration is a dope instrumental.
       How can you make an epic song or the next club banger if the beats aren't helping to motivate you to go as hard as possible with your rhymes?!
       You can't! Well... you can, but things will go a lot smoother for you when you're able to vibe to a beat that you're feeling, versus some whack
       sorry excuse for a beat. If you're featuring on someone elses song, you might not be able to help the whackness... However on your own projects,
       be sure to get the tightest production possible. It will inspire you to bring your "A" game every time, thus once again, helping you achieve
       better lyrics!

So, lets review what you've learned! If you want better lyrics, There's five things you should try to do daily. Read, write, freestyle, Listen to lyrical
artists, and get better beats!

TWEET ME: @LoDaMack,
REVERB NATION: LoDaMack-PRODUCER
http://ExotiqNature.com

By the way, the next time you're looking for beats check out Exotiq-Nature Productions at http://www.ExotiqNature.com

-LoDaMack AKA Lorenzo West     

GangstaBoogy

Re: How To Get Better Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »
Spider loc are you paying attention?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:25:06 AM »
Spider loc are you paying attention?

40 Cock should be also along with 99% of today's mainstream crap :P

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:45 PM »
this cool in all,but what if you like the basic approach of a too short,who still got radio playing his joints? i mean you got a lyrical legend like rakim and he make an album and nobody really pump it yet short still was kill'n out here on the bitch record with 40 so yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »
this cool in all,but what if you like the basic approach of a too short,who still got radio playing his joints? i mean you got a lyrical legend like rakim and he make an album and nobody really pump it yet short still was kill'n out here on the bitch record with 40 so yell

Depends on what your goal is. If its to be lyrical, cool. If its to sell records, cool. As long as the shit aint plastic, its all good.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"