Author Topic: 50 Cent and Dr. Dre beef, as we suspected it was attention whoring  (Read 1067 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/03/23/50-cent-explains-rift-with-dr-dre/

Remember when 50 Cent was stirring up trouble on Twitter between him and former mentor Dr. Dre over their competing high-end headphone lines? The G-Unit general has finally let the cat out the bag that it was all a ruse in an upcoming issue of Vibe magazine.

Back in February, 50 Cent claimed that Interscope boss Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre were upset with the budding mogul over his new headphone line Sleek, seen as a direct competitor to Dre’s Beats By Dre line. In a later story, Dre claimed to have never heard of 50’s headphones saying he had “no idea” that there was an issue between the pair.

50 explained to Vibe that the tweet was his unconventional way to get Dr. Dre’s attention. “I have a strong personality, a strong character. And I can be difficult to deal with at certain points because I’m vocal. If you upset Em, he’s just gonna not talk to you. You’re not going to get him in the next room you wanna get him in, “shared 50. He went on to say, “With Dre, the same. He’s not comfortable with friction. That [tweet] is, “Hey look, I’m here. Is everybody still paying attention?” So they go, “Why he say that? Why he say we mad?” Then the meeting happens.”

No word yet if 50’s tactics yielded the desired results but one can only imagine that with 50 dropping a relentless fury of freestyles and making more business power moves that this won’t be the last of it for the attention-hungry star.

GangstaBoogy

Re: 50 Cent and Dr. Dre beef, as we suspected it was attention whoring
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »
The 3 people 50 can NEVER fuck with are his 3 bosses: jimmy iovine, dr. Dre, and eminem. If he even dares try his ass will be a memory. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea and those are some powerful hands
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »
The 3 people 50 can NEVER fuck with are his 3 bosses

But it's not even like they're fucking him over or anything.

He has no reason to beef with any of them lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBuHZn-3XXE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lBuHZn-3XXE</a>

This song couldn't exist without them.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
There's no telling where he would be but they've always had a working relationship and he only owes faith to Eminem who is the one who co-signed.  His relationship with dre has been a mutual working one.   Everything they've done together has been give and take. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
He already had a buzz when they signed him. And a major label deal before Aftermath swooped in and stole him. He would've had a career. Would he have been the biggest rapper in the game for the period he was? Most likely not.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »
Lol 50 is doing it tough these days. Having to beef with his producer to get some attention. Cute
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
He already had a buzz when they signed him. And a major label deal before Aftermath swooped in and stole him. He would've had a career. Would he have been the biggest rapper in the game for the period he was? Most likely not.
50's situation was beneficial for both parties. Lke you said, he needed those neccesary touches from Dre, Em, and the Interscope machine to be the biggest rapper of that period but on the other end, it's not like they could have just created that kind of buzz with any artist of their choosing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 03:49:32 AM »
50 should grow up

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
kinda sad when you need to beg for attention from your own producer. Dre luvs 2 c niggas suffer.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »
My man Jimmy H.....I usually agree with u and while I agree to an extent that Dre and Em benefited from signing the "hot rapper", I don't think 50 would have been nearly as successful or popular without signing to Shady/Aftermath. Perfect match, perfect timing and while 50 takes all the credit for ruining Ja's career, it was the entire roster including Obie Trice and Dre who actually destryoed Ja and Murder Inc. for that matter. The victory in this real beef along with "In da Club' is what propelled 50 to icon rapper status at that time.  My point is that 50could not have accomplished both with any other label in my opinion.  Dude would have been just another "hot rapper selling 1 million copies maybe"...... We've seen those type rappers come and go and while i respect 50's hustle, i will never understand why he continues to test Em and Dre's patient. The beef with Game started partly cause of Games supposed lack of loyalty to 50 and G-unit on a rap level. Now we have a business situation and he totally is disloyal to Dre with his line of headphones. Dude is gonna lose this battle both with the headphones and on a music level but i guess since he is rich as hell, he does not care.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
In Da Club was shopped around to other artist before 50 got it.  So the beat alone didn't make the song.  50 knew how to make it a hit.  Therefore it's a mutual beneficial relationship.  And, you think 50 caked up mostly off record sales?  Interscope & Dre done that.  Why do you think Eminem's not on the top 5 lists despite being the NUMBER ONE SELLING ARTIST OF THE DECADE.  Yo, them numbers don't add up and no one did he drop that much money on drugs.

Dre & 50 always had a mutually beneficial relationship.  There's no telling where either of them would be.  Eminem on the other hand secured 50 cent his deal so 50 owes him respect.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 03:55:43 AM »
I know 50's an attention whore, but this is pretty pathetic.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »
My man Jimmy H.....I usually agree with u and while I agree to an extent that Dre and Em benefited from signing the "hot rapper", I don't think 50 would have been nearly as successful or popular without signing to Shady/Aftermath. Perfect match, perfect timing and while 50 takes all the credit for ruining Ja's career, it was the entire roster including Obie Trice and Dre who actually destryoed Ja and Murder Inc. for that matter. The victory in this real beef along with "In da Club' is what propelled 50 to icon rapper status at that time.  My point is that 50could not have accomplished both with any other label in my opinion.  Dude would have been just another "hot rapper selling 1 million copies maybe"...... We've seen those type rappers come and go and while i respect 50's hustle, i will never understand why he continues to test Em and Dre's patient. The beef with Game started partly cause of Games supposed lack of loyalty to 50 and G-unit on a rap level. Now we have a business situation and he totally is disloyal to Dre with his line of headphones. Dude is gonna lose this battle both with the headphones and on a music level but i guess since he is rich as hell, he does not care.
I don't think he would have been as popular either, which is where Dre & Em helped but I feel his going over there benefited both their labels as well. There was a momentum they gained through that affiliation that allowed them to become something they never would have been with any other artist. Shady/Aftermath would have hit a stagnant period after "8-Mile" in my opinion had 50 Cent not brought something new to the table. I agree very much with the "perfect timing" statement though. Everything just came together perfectly for all parties on that one. I think the Ja career downfall was a lot of 50's doing though. He seemed like he goaded Murder, Inc. into something they weren't neccesarily ready for. Had it just been 50 vs. Ja, it might have been a different story but I think Ja Rule siding with Benzino against Eminem created a greater backlash with his own fanbase.  I think what Game did in his feud was play a little smoother and not go at Em and Dre because he knew that would create a substantial problem with his fans.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:54 PM »
ehhh 50 vs. Ja was the big thing. Wanksta was a huge single. I don't remember anyone particularly caring about Ja vs anyone else in the Aftermath camp. Give credit where credit is due. Most hip hop fans don't even know if Dre even spoke on the issue.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:32:34 PM »
ehhh 50 vs. Ja was the big thing. Wanksta was a huge single. I don't remember anyone particularly caring about Ja vs anyone else in the Aftermath camp. Give credit where credit is due. Most hip hop fans don't even know if Dre even spoke on the issue.
Yeah, I don't think that Obie-Dre diss hit half as hard as "Back Down" but I still think if Ja had didn't allow 50 to dictate the beef, he might have been okay. Him doing that "Blood In The Eye" album was too much of a response to what 50 was doing. 50's strength in beef is that he's calculating. He doesn't cater an entire album to what his opponents are doing. And that's almost how it has to be. Dedicating a whole bunch of songs on any one project to a rival artist almost becomes like promotion. When you're making six or more songs responding to one or two tracks off someone's album, you are basically making that project a companion piece to theirs.