Author Topic: 50 Cent and Dr. Dre beef, as we suspected it was attention whoring  (Read 1066 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: 50 Cent and Dr. Dre beef, as we suspected it was attention whoring
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
ehhh 50 vs. Ja was the big thing. Wanksta was a huge single. I don't remember anyone particularly caring about Ja vs anyone else in the Aftermath camp. Give credit where credit is due. Most hip hop fans don't even know if Dre even spoke on the issue.
Yeah, I don't think that Obie-Dre diss hit half as hard as "Back Down" but I still think if Ja had didn't allow 50 to dictate the beef, he might have been okay. Him doing that "Blood In The Eye" album was too much of a response to what 50 was doing. 50's strength in beef is that he's calculating. He doesn't cater an entire album to what his opponents are doing. And that's almost how it has to be. Dedicating a whole bunch of songs on any one project to a rival artist almost becomes like promotion. When you're making six or more songs responding to one or two tracks off someone's album, you are basically making that project a companion piece to theirs. 

plus how many ppl even know of that diss song in the first place? Just the ppl who bought his album. It didn't get any attention.