Author Topic: Just paid my respects @ New Hope Baptist Church. RIP Nathaniel Hale. [PHOTOS]  (Read 5267 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
I just paid Nate Dogg a visit at New Hope in the LBC.  It was sad seeing him, but I'm glad I did.

The following were there:

Kurupt
Battlecat
The Twinz
Badazz

Kurupt was the one that was visibly upset. Tears in his eyes. Battlecat had a positive attitude saying he was there to celebrate the life.

I'll upload some pics as soon as I can.

---

UPDATED:  Pics below.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:41:23 PM by Ozir »

Si-Chiggedy

Re: Just paid my respects. RIP Nate Dogg
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
I just paid Nate Dogg a visit at New Hope in the LBC.  It was sad seeing him, but I'm glad I did.

The following were there:

Kurupt
Battlecat
The Twinz
Badazz

Kurupt was the one that was visibly upset. Tears in his eyes. Battlecat had a positive attitude saying he was there to celebrate the life.

I'll upload some pics as soon as I can.

props man, the whole situation is still sad but it's good to know that his folks were there. do you think snoop will be at the funeral?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Will_B

Re: Just paid my respects. RIP Nate Dogg
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
Props man, the whole situation is sad but it's good to know his folks were there.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Not sure if anyone else was there.  I showed up at around 2pm.  It seemed like some sort of service had just ended.

I drove past New York St. and saw a group of people outside.  There was a gang of police everywhere.  I drove a block over and parked on a little side street.

I started walking up Alamitos Ave. over to New York St.  As I turn the corner, I see a crowd of people near the entrance of the church.  I could see some pro photographers taking photos of the crowd.  I was trying to figure out who was in the crowd, that I didn't even notice the couple walking towards me, right in front of me.  It was Kurupt and a woman.

It seemed like the woman was trying to console Kurupt.  Kurupt was just kinda walking aimlessly, head down, shaking his head.  I stopped briefly and saw Kurupt walk over to the corner (Alamitos and New York).  I kept walking over to the crowd and that's when I spotted Battlecat and the Twinz.

At the entrance, there were security guards asking people coming in to turn off their cell phones.  They made you show them you had actually turned it off.  In the small lobby area they had books for friends, family, and fans to sign.  I put my name down.  Looked up and saw an airbrushed painting of Nate.

Then you make your way over to the church.  At this point, whatever service they held was over.  There were three other people (two older ladies, one guy, and myself) that came in at the same time as I did.  I walked into the church.  The pews were all empty.  Nate's casket was front and center.  In the choir section, there were people, which I assume were his family.

I quietly walked from the back to the front of the church to see Nate.  He looked thin, but not "sickly."  It looked obvious he had lost weight since his strokes.  I was in front of him for maybe 10 to 15 seconds.  I said my peace and walked away.  I could feel my eyes tear up a little.

I walked to the exit.  Outside, Kurupt was still over at the corner.  There were some people coming up to him, shaking his hand, talking to him, giving him hugs.  I decided to walk over and do the same.  I shook his hand.  Told him I was big fan.  And gave him my condolences.

Some people were asking to take some photos with him and he was cool about it.  I asked if I could take a photo and he was real cool about it.  I kinda felt like a dick about asking him afterwards... but it was genuine, he was cool, and I would have totally understood if he had blown me off.

Overall though, you could tell Kurupt was hurting.

I walked back over to the front of the church and gave my condolences to Battlecat.  He was real positive, saying he was sad but happy to celebrate Nate's life.  I asked if I could take a photo with him and he was real cool.

I didn't really get to talk to the Twinz or Bad Azz, but I caught some photos of them.

In all, Rest In Peace to the person, Nathaniel Dwayne Hale.  None of us, other than his family and friends, knew the person.  Nathaniel Hale will only live forever in the memories of his family and friends.

The persona, Nate Dogg, on the other hand, will live forever through his music and fans.  Long live Nate Dogg  8)

---

New Hope Baptist Church

Some dude with a really dope airbrushed t-shirt.  You get to see the front in a picture down below...

The back of Battlecat's t-shirt.  Nate's chorus from Xzibit's "Been A Long Time."  Produced by Battlecat

Kurupt and dude with airbrushed t-shirt at the corner.  The front of that t-shirt was really dope.

Lunatic

^ Is that bad Azz in the Orange t in the last pic?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mista Rosa

Not sure if anyone else was there.  I showed up at around 2pm.  It seemed like some sort of service had just ended.

I drove past New York St. and saw a group of people outside.  There was a gang of police everywhere.  I drove a block over and parked on a little side street.

I started walking up Alamitos Ave. over to New York St.  As I turn the corner, I see a crowd of people near the entrance of the church.  I could see some pro photographers taking photos of the crowd.  I was trying to figure out who was in the crowd, that I didn't even notice the couple walking towards me, right in front of me.  It was Kurupt and a woman.

It seemed like the woman was trying to console Kurupt.  Kurupt was just kinda walking aimlessly, head down, shaking his head.  I stopped briefly and saw Kurupt walk over to the corner (Alamitos and New York).  I kept walking over to the crowd and that's when I spotted Battlecat and the Twinz.

At the entrance, there were security guards asking people coming in to turn off their cell phones.  They made you show them you had actually turned it off.  In the small lobby area they had books for friends, family, and fans to sign.  I put my name down.  Looked up and saw an airbrushed painting of Nate.

Then you make your way over to the church.  At this point, whatever service they held was over.  There were three other people (two older ladies, one guy, and myself) that came in at the same time as I did.  I walked into the church.  The pews were all empty.  Nate's casket was front and center.  In the choir section, there were people, which I assume were his family.

I quietly walked from the back to the front of the church to see Nate.  He looked thin, but not "sickly."  It looked obvious he had lost weight since his strokes.  I was in front of him for maybe 10 to 15 seconds.  I said my peace and walked away.  I could feel my eyes tear up a little.

I walked to the exit.  Outside, Kurupt was still over at the corner.  There were some people coming up to him, shaking his hand, talking to him, giving him hugs.  I decided to walk over and do the same.  I shook his hand.  Told him I was big fan.  And gave him my condolences.

Some people were asking to take some photos with him and he was cool about it.  I asked if I could take a photo and he was real cool about it.  I kinda felt like a dick about asking him afterwards... but it was genuine, he was cool, and I would have totally understood if he had blown me off.

Overall though, you could tell Kurupt was hurting.

I walked back over to the front of the church and gave my condolences to Battlecat.  He was real positive, saying he was sad but happy to celebrate Nate's life.  I asked if I could take a photo with him and he was real cool.

I didn't really get to talk to the Twinz or Bad Azz, but I caught some photos of them.

In all, Rest In Peace to the person, Nathaniel Dwayne Hale.  None of us, other than his family and friends, knew the person.  Nathaniel Hale will only live forever in the memories of his family and friends.

The persona, Nate Dogg, on the other hand, will live forever through his music and fans.  Long live Nate Dogg  8)

Thanks for sharing with us. That's really appreciated. Damn it certainly must have been weird and tough to see Nate in that position. I wish I could have get there to pay my respect as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:05:32 PM by Mista Rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Tekniec

^ Is that bad Azz in the Orange t in the last pic?

hes wearing red..

nice pics btw

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
good pics man...shit like this is what makes this forum pop.

im grateful for this thread.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Co-sign.

Major props for sharing the experience and pictures with us.

Edit : For those wondering if snoop is gonna show up tomorrow... for what it's worth '' All of the closest artists Nate worked with in his career, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre and Warren G are expected to attend. ''
- http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/large-crowd-expected-for-nate
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:20:55 PM by The Ultimate Pianist »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

No doubt, great thread.  Much props to the threadstarter.

Interesting to see how much older the Twinz are than the way I pictured them in my head.  They had a lot of coverage in Russell Simmons documentary The Show, and that's still the way I pictured them

That airbrushed T-Shirt is so dope in the front.   Also, I liked the shirt with lyrics from the song nate did with X to da Z

RIP Nate
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Snoopaveli

thx for sharing homie!

Will_B

Thanks for the thoughtful and sensitive write up of the day.

You did a good job just respectably representing fans of Nate.

R.I.P. Nate Dogg from the UK!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
props for the story & the pictures :)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Even @ a funeral most of these guys are dressed like clowns and make stupid handsigns. Very classy