Poll

Are you from the US or another country?q

United States
43 (30.7%)
Another Country
97 (69.3%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: Poll: West Coast Music fans... where are you from?  (Read 2040 times)

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
Re: Poll: West Coast Music fans... where are you from?
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
the thing is the euro crackers as you like to call us are usually more knowledgeable about and more interested in "underground" hip hop than the US people ... it is very likely that lots of hip hop fans in the States between 20-25 have no idea who the Twinz, Lil Half Dead, Kam , DJ Quik are ... they're too busy at listening to Weezy , Gucci and all that mainstream garbage ...

None of that is true.

In Europe the dudes who get recognized are the biggest mainstream artists from the US. Lil Wayne, Eminem, 50 Cent (not so much anymore), Snoop Dogg etc.

Only very few know who OFWGKTA, Hopsin, Nipsey etc. etc. are.

Unfortunately people just eat anything that gets played on the radio.

oh yeah and hip-hop does not get played on the radio here.

only Still D.R.E. and Black & Yellow. lol
Denmark doesn't represent europe in it's entirety.

Americans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries I can understand, europeans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries is unforgivable.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2011, 09:03:16 AM »
the thing is the euro crackers as you like to call us are usually more knowledgeable about and more interested in "underground" hip hop than the US people ... it is very likely that lots of hip hop fans in the States between 20-25 have no idea who the Twinz, Lil Half Dead, Kam , DJ Quik are ... they're too busy at listening to Weezy , Gucci and all that mainstream garbage ...

None of that is true.

In Europe the dudes who get recognized are the biggest mainstream artists from the US. Lil Wayne, Eminem, 50 Cent (not so much anymore), Snoop Dogg etc.

Only very few know who OFWGKTA, Hopsin, Nipsey etc. etc. are.

Unfortunately people just eat anything that gets played on the radio.

oh yeah and hip-hop does not get played on the radio here.

only Still D.R.E. and Black & Yellow. lol
Denmark doesn't represent europe in it's entirety.

Americans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries I can understand, europeans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries is unforgivable.

oh yes Im aware of that but the way I see and from what Ive heard its the case in many european countries.

Im sure people in romania are still screamin G-Unit.  lol

I know hip-hop has a scene in France, UK and Germany. but is that all of Europe? nope.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
I've lived most of my life in Southern Cali, LA to be exact... but i'm originally from the state of Zacatecas in Mexico!!!!
thats where my fam on my dads side is originally from too....respect
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
 South Australia.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »

Its your fault for being obsessed with our oldass outdated music

you aren't interested in underground west coast music. You're interested in our mainstream gangsta music from 15-20 years ago. This forum has the narrowest opinion of west coast music I've ever seen. Simply put, if it ain't Death Row related you euros aren't interested.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:16:51 AM by SPICE TWO »

snoop

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »
USA

Never would have thought that so many people around the world would frequent this forum, and be interested in West Coast hip hop.

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Simply put, if it ain't Death Row related you euros aren't interested.

Total bullshit. ;D

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
Orange County, California.

Interesting to see how much of an impact west coast music has had over the years.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Las Vegas, Nevada. The VIVA!!!

Mietek23

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »

Its your fault for being obsessed with our oldass outdated music

you aren't interested in underground west coast music. You're interested in our mainstream gangsta music from 15-20 years ago. This forum has the narrowest opinion of west coast music I've ever seen. Simply put, if it ain't Death Row related you euros aren't interested.

Maybe because 99% of these New West fucks are WACK compared to the 90's era. Who gives a fuck if it was recorded 15 or 5 years ago? Good music is good music. Judging by your signature your a big fan of Spice 1. Is he's music from the 90's outdated to you? Or it's a classic shit?

People are still listen to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" which is a timeless classic and no one is bitching about it's outdated or so. I love this forum for the fact that there are certain people out here with good knowledge about West Coast rap that are willing to share their expierence and create a positive music-orientated conversation with some one who ain't living in Cali but has the same passion for this music but I hate the fact that most of the people here are always bringing that "euro wigger" bullshit in every thread which was played out 5 years ago and it's really just pathetic right now..

cedrik

• 'G'
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
France !

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »

I am from SLovakia, east europe, but I love the west side cause it has G- funk

I have no idea who those folk are the dude mentioned..... except for the last one
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Raphael

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
lol at lil half dead. Hes possibly the worst rapper ever. But on the topic of Europeans on this board being only interested in outdated gangster rap. I think that's mostly true.  Nowadays I enjoy the non gangster rap more like Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics, The Pharcyde, Saafir and Ras Kass but that old ruthless and deathrow shit is what made me a fan of hip hop in the first place so i can't complain. And how can you be a foreigner on a internet forum :eh:

Will_B

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
And how can you be a foreigner on a internet forum :eh:

Dude speaks the truth.

Don Seer

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
you gotta remember this forum is english, not american...

you also gotta remember the forum started because the fans on the dre2001 forum got sick to death of eminem fans flooding the thing, and the lack of moderation there

the forum blew up because initially i networked with a bunch of people running fan and news sites.. one of those turned into dubcnn, the others died apart from one other major one (lil jay's wc2k) which joined/merged with dubcnn

its a unity thing, anyone spouting this "you aint from the west you dont know shit" thing needs to realise that IN FACT, fans outside the west, outside the US even have a BETTER perspective on what will fit in and sell in a global market.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:24:47 PM by Don Seer »