Poll

will DETOX fail or succeed

FAIL
SUCCEED

Author Topic: DETOX will it FAIL or SUCCEED  (Read 713 times)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
DETOX will it FAIL or SUCCEED
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »
FAIL means musically critics wont call it a solid album.... and sales would be poor compared to the promotion put on the album...fans wont call it classic... these kind of things

SUCCESS would be musically up to a good standard like 2001 n  Chronic....sales good....ppl calling it classic after few years ..like 2001....

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: DETOX will it FAIL or SUCCEED
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:32:26 AM »
I wonder if "Detox" will have Gucci Mane on it

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
It's already failed. :laugh:

FUCK U

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
from the tracks i have heard to date, im far from convinced it will even be a decent album

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
From a sales point of view it will FAIL compared to The Chronic and 2001, but SUCCEED compared to most other releases. There's no way that Detox won't go platinum if it is ever released and VERY few acts go platinum these days.

From a critical point of view it can really only FAIL. Expectations are too high. I would be very surprised if it isn't at least a good album, but I would also be surprised if it is a classic.

SouthernG

• 'G'
  • Realest ni66a to eva touch a mic !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »
I haven't even heard one decent single so far so I say FAIL !!! Dre and Swizz...wtf !! chronic was instant classic, 2001 was classic after singles like "forgot about Dre" and "still Dre" took off...but these new singles are like a cry for help to the commercial fans and it still ain't happening. I wish dude the best though...I love the westcoast
Fuck You  !!!!!!!!!!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
I haven't even heard one decent single so far so I say FAIL !!! Dre and Swizz...wtf !! chronic was instant classic, 2001 was classic after singles like "forgot about Dre" and "still Dre" took off...but these new singles are like a cry for help to the commercial fans and it still ain't happening. I wish dude the best though...I love the westcoast

c/s.  "Chillin" is ight but the world doesn't wanna hear that from Dr. Dre.  The world wants to hear something smooth and something criminal.  Dr. Dre will fail completely if he's banking on taking the illusioned "safe route".

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

c/s.  "Chillin" is ight but the world doesn't wanna hear that from Dr. Dre.  The world wants to hear something smooth and something criminal.  Dr. Dre will fail completely if he's banking on taking the illusioned "safe route".

why smooth and why criminal?

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »

The D.O.C and

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
becuz man nobody really cares to hear Dr. Dre be all uptempo and modern and shit like that, i mean we do but we don't (Ask yourself if u dont believe me).  i mean now we're a little more adjusted to hearing Dr. Dre go towards a different route but ask anybody, it's not really that hot.  They honestly just look like sad attempts to go mainstream and it's not really working for Dre like he obviously think it is (with him keep going in this "My Prescription" direction).  

"detox" should be smooth and groovy.  it should be a little menacing and a little uptempo (like on some new shit).  it should be slick but it should be hard, like "Phone Tap".  i don't really have a problem with the vocals, i don't really see what the big deal is even tho i have 2 admittedly point out all of that hypeness isn't really crackin'.  

like when you're high and when you're drunk do you feel these records... i don't think so.  and when you're sober does it sound better, yes and no.  yes becuz shit is a little more clear and no becuz the records just don't bang like that.  i'm hearing records like "h.a.m" and i'm thinking how come Dr. Dre's shit isn't at least this crazy at the minimum.    

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
it will fail to hip hop fans...

it will succeed to your average joe who listens to pop/rock on the radio everyday...

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
even some of the most wiggerish stans on here have given up on detox after all these crappy songs
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

SoCo