Poll

will DETOX fail or succeed

FAIL
SUCCEED

Author Topic: DETOX will it FAIL or SUCCEED  (Read 714 times)

Sccit

Re: DETOX will it FAIL or SUCCEED
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
would like 2 see it succeed, so thats what i voted for.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
Alot of negativity but in a way I understand cause the only problem I have with Dre is the amount of time it has taken to complete and release the CD. I think a couple of years ago, it may have done 5 to 6 million..Now, if it's really dope and I think it will be, I think it will do 3 maybe 4...Just the fact that we are talkin about dude as he just turned 46 is amazing to me and I'm sure he won't disappoint with Detox. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
another detox thread? give it up niggas

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
Why does everyone hate On kush so much? Peoples expectations are ridiculous. The album will be a commercial success, it's already got dres second biggest single ever, who knows critically.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »
The album will be a commercial success, it's already got dres second biggest single ever

LMAO

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »
The album will be a commercial success, it's already got dres second biggest single ever

LMAO

Whether you like the shit or not, numbers don't lie. It's already sold a milli, and peaked at number 4 on billboard, shit it may actually be bigger than "Keep Their Heads Ringing"

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
I SAY IT WILL BE A SUCCESS

BUNCH OF MOTHUFUCKAZ N CRITICS DOUBTED DRE DURING 90s bout DREs SECOND ALBUM

dr dre acts like a bitch but he got the ears to know whats dope or wack

Hittman2001

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »
It'll succeed....we dont know what the final product will be or whether or not any of the released tracks will be on the album

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 01:30:22 AM »
another detox thread? give it up niggas
yeah this should be locked

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »
Dres been in the lab for so long, he forgot who his fanbase is, and what it wants.

We want that laid back bass bangin gangsta shit, instead he's trying to appeal to the 14yo highschool girls.. shits gonna flop so hard. I need a doctor has to be one of the gayest songs ever, 2 grown men talking about how much they love each other and whatever, please man.

Im betting RED will be better than detox.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »
I need to hear the whole shit but first impression I have to say I'm disappointed.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
I need to hear the whole shit but first impression I have to say I'm disappointed.

It's gonna be a fail for many.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
It's gonna be a fail for many.
Maybe when they first hear it because the expectations are so huge but we'll see how it reasonates in the long term. As weird as it sounds, I think if Dre really wants to create something new with Detox, it has to sort of let people down at first.

love33

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:02 PM »
I thought a "Fail" for sure at first when I heard "Kush" (not a bad look, sounds better speeded up but nothin to the level of a Detox single) and "I need a doctor" (terrible track).  Now after hearing "Chillin" with Swizz Beatz and "Mr Prescription" I am thinkin this thing could def sell if he does the whole album like those new tracks that just leaked.  He is definitely on the right path and figuring it out.  If uses modern beats like "Chillin" and "Mr Prescription" with modern techno/club beats and works with the right producers like he did with Swizz it will def sell.  He's finally workin with the right people.  If he gets Wayne, Drake, Ross, David Guetta, Pharrell, Cool and Dre, Scott Storch in any combination of those he's finally on the right track and workin with the heavy hitters in the game, they will sell the album for him with that modernized flow he uses on those tracks that shit sounds dope.  So my answer:  No at first, but now "Yes" if he keeps makin tracks like "Chillin" and "Mr Prescription."

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »
Succed  ;)

The Doc never fails  8)