Author Topic: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album  (Read 1758 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
theres enuff material for at least 4 or 5 Nate Dogg-albums

dont forget, 213 recorded like 35-40 songs for "The hard way"-abum
various deathrow-songs

add to that, all the other numerous protools-vocals that producers have on their computers

Nate used to do hooks and bridges on various instruemntals
Fredwreck has plenty

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:14:28 PM by Michael Madsen »

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
what's that now with "Not enough material" all of a sudden?!

Warren wants to make an album which means there's enough.

1-2 years ago, Snoop and Warren wanted to do a 213 album in tribute to Nate while he was still sick ... so how can there be "not enough" all of a sudden just because ONE dude here said so?

I'm saying there's not enough material to make a double album or three disc album.. Its not just because of this guy but I've heard this before.

but still, how can we really know this?
all those producers he worked with over the years must have more than just one or two tracks with original nate vocals.

I donīt know its just how I think.. shit donīt think I donīt wanna hear a real dope double album of Nate Dogg again, but even before his strokes he wasnīt really releasing a shitload of albums or whatever, just the occasional hook and adlibs.
It will either go one way or the other, and I prefer just 1 hot album to honor his death rather than getting all Tupac on him.

sure, I agree.
however, the thing with his limited solo output might simply be due to the fact that labels wanted him only for his hooks. he had his elektra album ready and done and they didn't put it out - instead, they threw it out the window on their website as a free download. so I wouldn't really take the limited solo releases as a sign.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »
damn! Will buy this for sure. Hope the benefits go to Nate's fam, of course warren should get a part to cover the production costs.

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
what's that now with "Not enough material" all of a sudden?!

Warren wants to make an album which means there's enough.

1-2 years ago, Snoop and Warren wanted to do a 213 album in tribute to Nate while he was still sick ... so how can there be "not enough" all of a sudden just because ONE dude here said so?
Im just sayin what i've learned reading what artists have said about Nate Dogg material they got, and what other people on that board said (i believe in their sources). Warren said he got some material, but it wasnt like he got plenty of it, he said he got some beats with Nate hooks with them. Tho im kinda confused with what he told BET, that he got 'a lot' of songs they've done together. Warren never seemed like a reliable source to me (no offense to him, but he talks a lot of shit), i guess he can make that tribute album, but not sure about 2nd 213 one.

B.A.

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »
It should be just one album, music that Warren G has that was finished or close to finished would be dope. And I agree that the features should stay in the fam. Snoop, The Dogg Pound, Warren, etc. and the same goes for the production. This album needs to be done as a tribute to Nate Dogg, to support his family and also for his fans that were down with Nate's music since day one. The last thing that we need is a tribute album full of features that don't fit, production that don't fit, auto tune b.s.; basically things that Nate wouldn't have done himself. Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves. I'm not saying that this will happen to this Nate Dogg album, I have all the confidence that Warren will do it right, for Nate, for his fam. and for his fans but I'm just saying that who ever messes with Nate's old material for this album or any future albums needs to be carefull so it doesn't turn into a Tupac situation where even his die hard fans aren't feeling it.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »
It should be just one album, music that Warren G has that was finished or close to finished would be dope. And I agree that the features should stay in the fam. Snoop, The Dogg Pound, Warren, etc. and the same goes for the production. This album needs to be done as a tribute to Nate Dogg, to support his family and also for his fans that were down with Nate's music since day one. The last thing that we need is a tribute album full of features that don't fit, production that don't fit, auto tune b.s.; basically things that Nate wouldn't have done himself. Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves. I'm not saying that this will happen to this Nate Dogg album, I have all the confidence that Warren will do it right, for Nate, for his fam. and for his fans but I'm just saying that who ever messes with Nate's old material for this album or any future albums needs to be carefull so it doesn't turn into a Tupac situation where even his die hard fans aren't feeling it.
Well, i agree, that this album should be done, mostly by the DPG, but maybe with some features from people Nate had great collabos with.

I just hope Eminem wont be there screamin all over the track.. that would be tragic, killing probably a smooth album (which i guess will be like other Nate material)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 01:49:34 PM »
Em and Nate did quite a lot of work together so why would they not get the biggest rapper in the world on a track when there's a legitimate connection there?

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »
Til i collapse is shit hot.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves.

2Pac flowed over the production of his time, and worked with popular artists of his time. And not just rappers, but R&B singers as well. Do you really think if he were alive and putting out albums today he would still be rapping over 90s beats? And only working with artists who haven't had a career in years? LMAO.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 01:53:02 PM »

And he was yelling on that song too

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

And he was yelling on that song too
It suited the track tho imo, like the way i am. But he just does it for the fuck of it now and its annoying as fuck

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Em and Nate did quite a lot of work together so why would they not get the biggest rapper in the world on a track when there's a legitimate connection there?
Yeah, i know, at first i thought, that i'd be good to hear somebody like Em on Nate tribute album. But when i imagine him screamin the shit out of him like on INAD, i scrapped that thought. I really dont feel his new flow along with his whole new style. I know how he would be screamin on an album like this, and i really wouldnt like to hear that.

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves.

2Pac flowed over the production of his time, and worked with popular artists of his time. And not just rappers, but R&B singers as well. Do you really think if he were alive and putting out albums today he would still be rapping over 90s beats? And only working with artists who haven't had a career in years? LMAO.

obviously not, the point is that Pac didn't write or record his vocals with those modern beats in mind, he did it to those "played out gangsta beats" from the 90s. remixed with modern styles it sounds like shit and that's why people are mad. that's the whole issue with the pac situation.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »
Nate Dogg said to Julio G that he had a personal vault. If you add all the stuff he recorded with producers like Dre, Damizza, Fredwreck etc, plus artists like Shade Sheist, Knoc etc that claim having Nate Dogg hooks, plus the DR material, plus the 213 leftovers, you have material for 10 albums if you want. Now it's up to the people in charge to release proper Nate albums.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

obviously not, the point is that Pac didn't write or record his vocals with those modern beats in mind, he did it to those "played out gangsta beats" from the 90s. remixed with modern styles it sounds like shit and that's why people are mad. that's the whole issue with the pac situation.

i tell u one thing, ill take those played out gangsta beats anyday to these bullshyt beats these days..you have to grow up in that era to really understand it homie, which you obviously didnt.... ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:28:53 PM by U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E. »