Author Topic: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album  (Read 1742 times)

B.A.

Re: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »
Imo the music needs to be made to fit Nate Dogg and not the other way around. I remeber hearing a track on Tupac "Loyal to the Game", were his vocals were stretched and pitched to fit the beat. It was obvious that the producer wasn't thinking about making a beat around the vocals, he had a beat he wanted to show of so he mangled Pac's vocals to fit. That's an extreme case but still, the music shouldn't sound forced and Nate Dogg should sound as natural on it as possible and if that means having some of the production sound like some classic G-funk then so be it (I'm sure long-time Nate Dogg fans wouldn't mind that one bit and would actually prefer it over today's production sound, I know I would). If the album includes features that are out of the the DPG fam. they should make sense, for example putting Ludacris on would work, they did "Area Codes" which was a big hit so it make sense. But like I said, I'm sure Warren knows what he's doing.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
Like only Warren can do
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2011, 09:31:03 PM »
Should be dope.

kemizt

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
I'd love to hear a Warren G & Nate Dogg collabo album. I hope this gonna happen. If Warren wants "big-name rappers" featured on the album, he should get the people that worked with Nate Dogg in the past and not some rappers that are popular this year.

I'm sure that he knows what to do better than you.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves.

2Pac flowed over the production of his time, and worked with popular artists of his time. And not just rappers, but R&B singers as well. Do you really think if he were alive and putting out albums today he would still be rapping over 90s beats? And only working with artists who haven't had a career in years? LMAO.

obviously not, the point is that Pac didn't write or record his vocals with those modern beats in mind, he did it to those "played out gangsta beats" from the 90s. remixed with modern styles it sounds like shit and that's why people are mad. that's the whole issue with the pac situation.

???

Flow isn't specific to a certain style of beat. A certain tempo yes.

Okka

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
I'd love to hear a Warren G & Nate Dogg collabo album. I hope this gonna happen. If Warren wants "big-name rappers" featured on the album, he should get the people that worked with Nate Dogg in the past and not some rappers that are popular this year.

I sure hope he does Elano.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
would be cool ! we'll see if and how it goes

doggfather

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2011, 12:15:15 AM »

I sure hope he does Elano.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

jaytee

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
It should be just one album, music that Warren G has that was finished or close to finished would be dope. And I agree that the features should stay in the fam. Snoop, The Dogg Pound, Warren, etc. and the same goes for the production. This album needs to be done as a tribute to Nate Dogg, to support his family and also for his fans that were down with Nate's music since day one. The last thing that we need is a tribute album full of features that don't fit, production that don't fit, auto tune b.s.; basically things that Nate wouldn't have done himself. Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves. I'm not saying that this will happen to this Nate Dogg album, I have all the confidence that Warren will do it right, for Nate, for his fam. and for his fans but I'm just saying that who ever messes with Nate's old material for this album or any future albums needs to be carefull so it doesn't turn into a Tupac situation where even his die hard fans aren't feeling it.

I agree for the most part.  If you really want the album to help the family out monetarily, then it needs to be extended outside of just the DPG.  The westcoast fans will eat it up, but it may not make the dent in sales that it could if the collaborations were broadened.

Artists like Ludacris, Eminem, 50 Cent/G-Unit, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Obie Trice, Redman, etc. have worked with him numerous times during his career.  There are a couple that I don't really care for, but I wouldn't much of a problem if they ended up on a record.  I'd be pretty disappointed if Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, or some of the other new flavors of the month ended up on the record, but as you said, Warren will more than likely do it justice.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 01:26:31 AM »
this is gonna be dope  ;D

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:24 AM »
Imo that's what's killed a lot of the Tupac albums that came out after his death, people have just done what they've wanted with them without taking into consideration what his music really sounded like, who he really worked with production and feature wise; seems like they were so caught up in whether or not they could that they never stopped to think about if the should and the results speak for themselves.

2Pac flowed over the production of his time, and worked with popular artists of his time. And not just rappers, but R&B singers as well. Do you really think if he were alive and putting out albums today he would still be rapping over 90s beats? And only working with artists who haven't had a career in years? LMAO.

obviously not, the point is that Pac didn't write or record his vocals with those modern beats in mind, he did it to those "played out gangsta beats" from the 90s. remixed with modern styles it sounds like shit and that's why people are mad. that's the whole issue with the pac situation.

???

sure it is. you can't just put vocals with a very melodic flow over any type of beat. you'd have to match the same kind of atmospheric vibe of the original to make the vocals work.

i tell u one thing, ill take those played out gangsta beats anyday to these bullshyt beats these days..you have to grow up in that era to really understand it homie, which you obviously didnt.... ;)

Let me tell you one thing. You totally misunderstood my whole comment. I was poking fun at Spice Two because he made a comment about "played out 90s gangsta music" or something like that in another thread. Thing is, I'll gladly take those old beats over todays synth crap any day, as well! Why? Cause I grew up in that era ...with that sound :-)

Wasn't so obvious now, was it? :)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »

???

sure it is. you can't just put vocals with a very melodic flow over any type of beat. you'd have to match the same kind of atmospheric vibe of the original to make the vocals work.

Now you're confusing style with atmosphere. So which one do you mean?

What, you think Pac would be rapping like a parakeet over today's beats? lmao. Look at Nas. His flow hasn't changed significantly since the 90s, but the nigga's rocking new beats. Ain't Game accused of biting Pac's flow in a bunch of songs? Yet he's rocking over modern beats.

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »

???

Now you're confusing style with atmosphere. So which one do you mean?

What, you think Pac would be rapping like a parakeet over today's beats? lmao. Look at Nas. His flow hasn't changed significantly since the 90s, but the nigga's rocking new beats. Ain't Game accused of biting Pac's flow in a bunch of songs? Yet he's rocking over modern beats.

You keep misunderstanding me. I'm clearly having trouble describing exactly what I mean. The problem is, that I don't have a clear example in mind.

Let's just put this to rest for now..

Okka

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
I'm saying there's not enough material to make a double album or three disc album.. Its not just because of this guy but I've heard this before.

Actually, according to Dae One and Knoc-Turn'Al there is a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg songs in the vaults.

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/2661/54/

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »
Nate Dogg said to Julio G that he had a personal vault. If you add all the stuff he recorded with producers like Dre, Damizza, Fredwreck etc, plus artists like Shade Sheist, Knoc etc that claim having Nate Dogg hooks, plus the DR material, plus the 213 leftovers, you have material for 10 albums if you want. Now it's up to the people in charge to release proper Nate albums.

what if the vocals he had in his vault are the same ones that Dre and other producers have???
It's all speculations.... and the fact is you have no fucking idea if there's material for 1 or 10 albums... peace

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:52:22 AM by shoo »