Author Topic: Underrated westcoast albums and your personal classics!  (Read 2150 times)

Matty

Re: Underrated westcoast albums and your personal classics!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 03:10:28 AM »
Shade Sheist's Informal Introduction is a west coast classic to me, great from front to back.

i really like Hi-C's Hi-Life Hustle too 8)

LYRIDER

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 03:20:06 AM »
Kokane --Back to the Clap ..... funkiest shit ive ever heard from start to finish ..... classic fingazz prods which match perfectly with Kokane style bacc then..... The advance edition was way better than the final product but its a DOPE record and very slept on !!!

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 04:32:10 AM »
LV - I Am LV
Seriously, need I say more? I wish LV had put out more solo music during the G-funk craze of the mid-90s. He had a solo version of "Gangsta's Paradise" on there, the funky summertime single "" with Treach (and Kam on the alternate version) and there's "the wrong come up" with that sick bill withers sample ...damn.

As "Prof@ssor" said, the Hittman album "Hittmanic Verses".
Last Dayz
Blaww with Knoc & Dre
The Hiznit
Get Myne ...etc
straight up classic! most of the awesome Dre & Mel Man beats on there, Hitt with the smooth flow ...

The same goes for King T's "Thy Kingdom Come" record. Semi official release, but none the worse for it! The Game (It's Ruff) with Battlecat on the beat and talkbox ... Speak On It, Monay, Step On By, Let's Make a V (ridiculous DJ Quik beat!) ... As with Hittman, I wish this record came out officially as intended, properly mastered and with full artwork and stuff...

I also happen to really really like Ice Cube's "War & Peace Vol. 1: The War Disc". The dark tone of the whole record with tracks like Ghetto Vet, The Peckin Order, (classic video!), Greed, Ask About Me. Man this record was HARD but still had smooth stuff on it like Penitentiary!

there's probably other stuff (and also non-gangsta/g-funk records) but those are the ones I thought of right off the bat.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 07:01:53 AM »
Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats                (Its one of my favourite albums - definetly top 10)
213 - The Hard Way [specially Advance edition]      (people keep complainin about no Warren G productions, but this album is str8 classic to me)
Ice Cube - Lough now, Cry Later                          (its a bangin album, i dont know why most of people dont feel it)
Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment             (not sure if really underrated, but its a lot better, than people say it is)
Snoop Dogg - R&G                                             (its pretty dope album, while it get a lot of hate)

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 07:28:12 AM »
B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas

Actually one of my favourite G-Funk records out there. Both of em got a sick flow and their lyrics are on point.
Never got the props it truly deserved.

G-Funk

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »
Kam - Made in America

Paul

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
Daz - dpgc u know what I'm throwing up

funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 10:17:50 AM »
ALL 90s gangsta shit.

Remember in the where are you from thread where I brought up your limited perspectives on rap and everyone was denying it? I rest my case.

MistaNova

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
*Tyga - No Introduction
Gets way too much hate. Understandable since those who think they know everything about hip hop hate everything Young Money related.

*Fashawn - Boy Meets World
IMO his mixtapes were better, but not by much. Deep raps and soulful messages, obviously overlooked by everyone.

*U-N-I - A Love Supreme 2.0
Didn't even know about this duo until I saw them by chance on 2dopeboyz, very creative music.

*Boom Bap Project - Circumstance Dictates
The Seattle group's debut album. Criminally underrated.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFKHmShqDvo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JFKHmShqDvo</a>

*Luck-One & Dekk - Beautiful Music
A duo out of Oregon's debut album. In my book any west coast album by an artist outside Cali is underrated.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxjPuxjyhoA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oxjPuxjyhoA</a>

*Cool Nutz - Incredible
Another act from Oregon who's got a handful of albums (all worthy of the title underrated), I picked this one since it's what introduced me to Cool Nutz in the first place.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A0JuqDCeBnI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A0JuqDCeBnI</a>
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:32:02 AM by Iveus »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »
King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come -  7/10. Shit is very underrated and I think almost every beat is bangin, the features are dope and King Tee did his thing!
                                                       Replay value lacks a little though?

Horse Shoe Gang - Gangsta MC . 9/10 . Just one fuckin incredible album. Complex, clever and funny lyrics matched with some dope productions
                                                       and some SICK verses from Crooked I and Royce. They touch a lot of different subjects! + Intro, Interlude
                                                        and Outro are 3 amazing tracks! not the typical lame ''funny'' skits.

Ya Boy - Rookie Of The Year . 7/10 - Might not be classic status but the beats are dope and Ya Boy was HUNGRY back then. Sick deliveries, flows and lyrics

The ones I could think of right now.  8)

FUCK U

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
Dj Quik- Trauma 8)

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
some of the albums all mentioned are not underrated at all

Conversation
Real Brothas
Hemp Museum
Kickin' Game

those albums are established classics in most people's book,def. not underrated to me.

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
Swoop G- Undisputed.

Dj Pooh- Bad News Travelz Fast.

Both absolute classics.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
 I agree with alot already mentioned.
 One that i reall liked that ive never heard mentioned was Rhythm & Greens Music and mail album.
 Had cool production and featured Richie Rich, B-legit, Yukmouth, Shock-G, The Whoridas, Phats Bossie,etc i actually loved it but must admit aint listened to it in years though.

I really liked the Luniz albums.

RBX's RBX factor/No Mercy no remorse is another. Had awesome production and the whole album just sounded great.

Daz this is the life i lead another one that gets slept on that i feel had real good production and raps on it.

I really liked C-bo's till my casket drops, enemy of the state and one life to live albums. All had great production, features and raps.

The lawhouse complimation had cool shit on it from Xzibit, Raskass, the luniz, ice t, etc

Cell block vol one was an awesome complimation also. that cool oakland style. Too short, mr ill, bad n fluence , seagram, richie rich, fatha dom, etc.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:11:14 PM by KrazySumwhat »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas

Actually one of my favourite G-Funk records out there. Both of em got a sick flow and their lyrics are on point.
Never got the props it truly deserved.

Agree, its definetly a solid album!