Author Topic: We really do need 2 chill on all of this "advanced/advancing technology"  (Read 700 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
unless it's solving biomedical needs (our bodies and the environment, sorry if i used the wrong word) and most definitely transportation.  we're relying way too much and getting a little too much with all of this technology (most especially our phones, that's the worst).  

remember; everytime u say Yes to new technology somebody is losing a job and somebody somewhere else is losing the prospect of a job (whether it's a 9 year old kid who just wants to work at a car factory or a 56 year old man or woman who's looking for another job somewhere in tha tech field that just lost theirs).  just remember that.

WHAT?  Are you serious?  Some health care workers may of lost their jobs when the Polio vaccine came out but I still think the world is better off.  Maybe under your philosophy we should all go back to being hunters and gatherers, then we would all have jobs right?  What your missing is that it's not about jobs, it's about STANDARD OF LIVING...

Also, advances in technology don't cause jobs to be lost they cause jobs to be gained, it's just that they are lost in some sector of the economy, yet the jobs are gained in another sector of the economy that you fail to see.  

For example, when the internet boom hit in the last couple decades, the person who's running a local flea market could say "See, those damn technological advances caused me to lose my job."   Yet, what is unseen by him and others who don't understand basic economics, is that as many jobs as were lost in buying and selling in flea markets, more were gained in BUYING AND SELLING ON EBAY.  And that my friend, is an INCREASE IN STANDARD OF LIVING.  Cause no longer does a person have to travel around the whole city visiting distributors and stand in a store all day, he can buy and sell from the comfort of his own living room through EBAY on the internet.   This allows him to sell the products at lower prices because he doesn't have to do the legwork, and thus it increases the buying power of everyone and in turn leads to yet another INCREASE IN THE STANDARD OF LIVING.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:03:54 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
unless it's solving biomedical needs (our bodies and the environment, sorry if i used the wrong word) and most definitely transportation.  we're relying way too much and getting a little too much with all of this technology (most especially our phones, that's the worst).  

remember; everytime u say Yes to new technology somebody is losing a job and somebody somewhere else is losing the prospect of a job (whether it's a 9 year old kid who just wants to work at a car factory or a 56 year old man or woman who's looking for another job somewhere in tha tech field that just lost theirs).  just remember that.

WHAT?  Are you serious?  Some health care workers may of lost their jobs when the Polio vaccine came out but I still think the world is better off.  Maybe under your philosophy we should all go back to being hunters and gatherers, then we would all have jobs right?  What your missing is that it's not about jobs, it's about STANDARD OF LIVING...

Also, advances in technology don't cause jobs to be lost they cause jobs to be gained, it's just that they are lost in some sector of the economy, yet the jobs are gained in another sector of the economy that you fail to see.  

For example, when the internet boom hit in the last couple decades, the person who's running a local flea market could say "See, those damn technological advances caused me to lose my job."   Yet, what is unseen by him and others who don't understand basic economics, is that as many jobs as were lost in buying and selling in flea markets, more were gained in BUYING AND SELLING ON EBAY.  And that my friend, is an INCREASE IN STANDARD OF LIVING.  Cause no longer does a person have to travel around the whole city visiting distributors and stand in a store all day, he can buy and sell from the comfort of his own living room through EBAY on the internet.   This allows him to sell the products at lower prices because he doesn't have to do the legwork, and thus it increases the buying power of everyone and in turn leads to yet another INCREASE IN THE STANDARD OF LIVING.

basically what i said, but i had to tone it down for a person with his handicap, and that moron still didnt get it.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
unless it's solving biomedical needs (our bodies and the environment, sorry if i used the wrong word) and most definitely transportation.  we're relying way too much and getting a little too much with all of this technology (most especially our phones, that's the worst). 

remember; everytime u say Yes to new technology somebody is losing a job and somebody somewhere else is losing the prospect of a job (whether it's a 9 year old kid who just wants to work at a car factory or a 56 year old man or woman who's looking for another job somewhere in tha tech field that just lost theirs).  just remember that.

WHAT?  Are you serious?  Some health care workers may of lost their jobs when the Polio vaccine came out but I still think the world is better off.  Maybe under your philosophy we should all go back to being hunters and gatherers, then we would all have jobs right?  What your missing is that it's not about jobs, it's about STANDARD OF LIVING...

For example, when the internet boom hit in the last couple decades, the person who's running a local flea market could say "See, those damn technological advances caused me to lose my job."   Yet, what is unseen by him and others who don't understand basic economics, is that as many jobs as were lost in buying and selling in flea markets, more were gained in BUYING AND SELLING ON EBAY.  And that my friend, is an INCREASE IN STANDARD OF LIVING.  Cause no longer does a person have to travel around the whole city visiting distributors and stand in a store all day, he can buy and sell from the comfort of his own living room through EBAY on the internet.   This allows him to sell the products at lower prices because he doesn't have to do the legwork, and thus it increases the buying power of everyone and in turn leads to yet another INCREASE IN THE STANDARD OF LIVING.

basically what i said, but i had to tone it down for a person with his handicap, and that moron still didnt get it.

I think our society has gone overboard with technology in some areas.  For example, a car that parks itself?  Really?  If you cant park then you shouldnt pass your license test.  And before you say "oh, well its just convenience", bullshit.  As technology is viewed as more and more important and we use it in unnecessary ways, skills we need will be erased therefore dumbing people down (reading/writing skills come to mind).  Or the Benz commercial which has people talking about how their car steered itself because they weren't paying attn or were asleep at the wheel, ridiculous.  People like this should be weeded out not kept alive longer.

But as for the jobs deal, some industries it does kill or hurt.  Like season 2 of the wire where Frank is sitting at the meeting where the big wigs are talking about technology that will cut down on dock workers to be replaced by machines and how thats supposed to be "good" and hes sitting there knowing his industry is shrinking.  Its give and take, really.  People gotta adapt or else. 

Something else that bothers me about technology is that it is slowly replacing real human interaction and contact, which is changing our society into a bunch of self serving shallow folks.   
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:26:01 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I think our society has gone overboard with technology in some areas.  For example, a car that parks itself?  Really?  If you cant park then you shouldnt pass your license test.  And before you say "oh, well its just convenience", bullshit.  As technology is viewed as more and more important and we use it in unnecessary ways, skills we need will be erased therefore dumbing people down (reading/writing skills come to mind).  Or the Benz commercial which has people talking about how their car steered itself because they weren't paying attn or were asleep at the wheel, ridiculous.  People like this should be weeded out not kept alive longer.

If the product is as bad as you say it is, then nobody will buy it and it will disappear anyway.  New products only come on the market and thrive when there is a demand for such products.  So I don't see where the problem is.  Nobody's forcing you to buy it, it was made with somebody else in mind.  

But as for the jobs deal, some industries it does kill or hurt.  Like season 2 of the wire where Frank is sitting at the meeting where the big wigs are talking about technology that will cut down on dock workers to be replaced by machines and how thats supposed to be "good" and hes sitting there knowing his industry is shrinking.  Its give and take, really.

That's because your only focused on one segment of the marketplace and your not allowing yourself to see the big picture.  The first thing to keep in mind is that it's not about jobs, it's about standard of living.  You could have full employment picking cotton all day if you wanted to.  There is never a shortage of jobs.  It's only that a job isn't paying you as much as you would like so you wouldn't accept it.  I mean, if anybody out there really needs a job they can come wash my dishes for me for 10 cents a day.  But standard of living has increased greatly due to technology so you wouldn't accept such a job as cleaning my dishes for 10 cents a day.  But back in the day people used to jump at the chance to work their asses off for shit jobs that only paid a few bucks a day.

But that being said, in the end, still more jobs can be created.  Because the more we can produce as a society, the more profit companies make, the wealthier society becomes, the more money gets invested into created new jobs and expanding businesses and commerce.  So new jobs will be created, jobs that we never thought of before.

Something else that bothers me about technology is that it is slowly replacing real human interaction and contact, which is changing our society into a bunch of self serving shallow folks.  

Again, you are only focusing on one aspect and neglecting the big picture.  A persons need for human interaction may not be met because instead of going to the bar on a particular night, let's say they are involved with social networking.  Yet through that networking they meet people they never knew existed, people who more uniquely fit in with their refined tastes and bring meaning to their life in a way the people at the bar never could.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:44:15 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

^^^ u know what i hate the most about technology (at this particular SECOND) is that when it comes to blogs people always try 2 tear down everything u say.  i mean come on "infinite", can u not GRASP tha concept of computers taking over and replacing people and their jobs or were u just looking 2 be an 'ass'. 

and the thing that got me 2 say this was when u said "the demand is there", well who's demanding it muthafucka?  i mean i didn't demand an I-Pad, I didn't demand that my car come with a memory chip that stores songs in the hard drive, a hard drive that shouldn't even be there in the 1st place smh.  Why do i need an I-Pad when I have a laptop with a wireless internet, it just doesn't make any sense along with alot of other new technology that we're distributing. 

face it my dude, you're a tech-geek and that's the only reason why you're saying this, you and a couple other people.  most people in the REAL WORLD don't care about all of tha high tech features we're getting with alotta this stuff, and neither do tha kids so don't go using that bullshit excuse. 

i mean i don't wanna sound like Grandpa but honestly there's just no need 4 alotta tha stuff we're getting and it's really killing our job market.  and then u wanna turn around and blame the wrong thing/people 4 tha economy.  WE DO NOT NEED THIS STUFF... necessity or not we most likely can IMPROVISE (did u forget what that word meant) and go about whatever another way. 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Some people have become obsessed with expansion of technology, some of it is obviously for the betterment, or at least can be used for the betterment of us whether it's through information, whether it's through medical break throughs, there is no doubt that there is an upside. However we don't live in a world which is black and white and where progress simply comes about to improve our living conditions. We live in a world which is becoming increasingly centralised and therefore when I hear talk about "the market" well...this market is becoming increasingly more concentrated with only a few vested interests.

The object and goal of a business is it's bottom line, HR stands for human resource, we are just that a mechanism for which the output occurs. When suitable developments have been made that allow for a shrinkage of the work force and in turn replaced by mechanical, or robots. When those robots are far cheaper to run and more efficient then it becomes extremely problematic because it only takes one major business to break away and make robots an integral part of the work force before others are forced to do so.

Now so called libertarians may rejoice at this idea because it reduces wastage, optimises ouput etc but it's EXTREMELY disengenuous to say where jobs are lost in sector they will be created in another. The hell they will, enthusiasts on this subject will admit to the fact that of course there will be a need for humans in the development stages, in the logistical stages, in the selling, in the maintenance, and this is where the dishonesty really sets in. The jobs will be offshored to cheaper nations. Therefore, yes, technology does threaten the livelihoods of tens of millions both financially and threatens to further empower and centralise control.

Wars fought increasingly without people
Construction without people
Trains, planes without people
Improved automated cash points without people
Warehouses run largely without people

This is the way technology is going, if you think it's a good thing that unemployment will sky rocket well fine.

If you are going to shoot someone down, please keep the integrity of your argument intact.

Bananas

remember; everytime u say Yes to new technology somebody is losing a job and somebody somewhere else is losing the prospect of a job

Actually I think the truth lies with exact opposite of that statement. Do you need me to explain it for you?

ToOoOoN!!!

there's more to life than computers (alot more)

pussy and beer :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 04:40:01 PM by ToOoOoN!!! »

Triple OG Rapsodie

there's more to life than computers (alot more)

pussy and beer :D

Hence why advancing technology is good. We should keep going forward until we have female androids who have been programmed to serve us beer and fuck our brains out.

BiggBoogaBiff

^^^ that don't exist in this galaxy.

real life... stop talking and listen 4 a second

Triple OG Rapsodie

^^^ that don't exist in this galaxy.

real life... stop talking and listen 4 a second

I guarantee you that shit will one day be a reality as long as technology is allowed to grow