Author Topic: Got a new laptop, some help if y'all don't mind...  (Read 232 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Got a new laptop, some help if y'all don't mind...
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
Hey everyone,

I had a Dell from 2003 for ever and it finally messed up and forced me to buy a laptop from the last several years and I got an acer aspire.

It has a camera and what i am assuming is audio recording capability. I want to be able to not only Skype with cats but use the recording functions to record sound and video files. I can't seem to identify which programs will let me do that. anyone know of free ones I can download that will work with a webcam and its audio parts?

also, my skype won't allow me to connect since I even got the computer. is it a free program? Because I am considering just removing the program entirely and reinstalling it....

thanks for any help you guys

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Got a new laptop, some help if y'all don't mind...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
Hey everyone,

I had a Dell from 2003 for ever and it finally messed up and forced me to buy a laptop from the last several years and I got an acer aspire.

It has a camera and what i am assuming is audio recording capability. I want to be able to not only Skype with cats but use the recording functions to record sound and video files. I can't seem to identify which programs will let me do that. anyone know of free ones I can download that will work with a webcam and its audio parts?

also, my skype won't allow me to connect since I even got the computer. is it a free program? Because I am considering just removing the program entirely and reinstalling it....

thanks for any help you guys

-T

You should hit up Timelock
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
you kind of look like andy milonakis

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »
you kind of look like andy milonakis

lmao his sig and avi look like two diff ppl...did you put on or drop a gang of weight tanj?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
You know,

I was 20 when I met G. Clinton in 2007 and that pic of Murs is probably me at 22 in '09.

I work full time at an office and go to school at night now so I am less physically active than is ideal, and I have a bigger food budget than I used to I won't lie. I've noted that even among my stoner friends, my vices are just a little different. Like I have never been a big drinker/cigarette smoker and I've noticed that when other friends are on their 7th shot, or are hitting the patio for yet another cigarette I tend to fix myself a snack instead. When I was broker (pre december '08) I would abstain from all that but since I got a salary in '08, I get something whenever I want. But I think having to do school at night instead of being able to establish an active exercise regimen is a bigger obstacle than being able to buy whatever I want these days.

TDA, are you the gentleman in your avatar?

Not trying to hate at all, because I recognize if you use the internet, you open yourself to criticism but I can't help but notice the majority of people that point out my weight do not have pics of themselves on the board.

So yeah, I am like in the home stretch of getting my degree (like less than 5 classes to go) and getting to something closer to Murs' size is one of my first post-graduate goals.

that said, it's crazy that Timelock is still on here; I remember keystyle battling that guy in like 01 or 02 or something!

I'll find him when I have a chance, but once more there's a paper I have to stop procrastinating on....

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »
i hope i didnt come across snarky fam, that wasnt my intentions...im a big dude (6'4 285lbs) so i aint the one to be callin dudes out for being  big i just couldnt help but notice.

my pics are around here lol my shit was in elanos sig the whole summer - fall  season of 2010

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »
yeah, I wasn't trying to be snarky either. I guess what I'm saying is I've always figured I was in safe company being open about who I am here. I mean, let's face it, we're all dudes who at some point in our lives spent substantial chunks of time on the computer, I don't have sports illustrated expectations for everyone here or nothing though when I have met people from here they've all been mid sized dudes around my frame really. Though NIK for example is a pretty tall lean dude.

I'm high, I'm rambling it's all good....I gotta finish this fuckin' paper....

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:04 AM »
Skype is free, I use a usb camera, had to install the drivers for it to get Skype up and running.

There should be some type of recording software already installed on your laptop, something like movie maker.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 01:43:39 AM »
thanks +1

westcoastavengers.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
tanj it's bundy. hit me up with your skype username

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
that shit was fucking up on me, I'ma uninstall it and try it again

-T

westcoastavengers.com

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
i think windows movie maker comes free with the computer u can use that