Author Topic: Pac & Dre  (Read 3013 times)

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Pac & Dre
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »
I agree with Jimmy H. in that it's hard to understand Suge's obvious hatred for Dre but it sort of reminds you of like the bully picking on a dude who won't fight back at least verbally. On the slide, Dre has gotten his little licks in but never ever has he directly mentioned Suge or Pac both of whom I personally blame for the downfall of DR and the WC in general. Unlike Snoop or Daz who (after they left) were not afraid to mention Suge's name or verbally stand up to him, Dre has always publicly ignored him...Maybe that is one reason Suge has always dissed Dre..He can't get a rise out of him even now. On top of ignoring him in general, he supassed Suge personally in the business and of course Aftermath flourished while Death Row perished. Alot of people make a deal of the fact that DRe is not from the streets this and that but dude played it smarter than most. Just concentrate on his success and ignore the bullshit.  I think it's obvious who has won the battle Dre>/Suge, Aftermath> Deathrow and Suge can't handle that. Snoop and Daz have had success especially Snoop but Dre has totally blown Suge the gansta out of the water on a  professional, success, financial tip. He lost to a dude who is  "not from the streets" according to him and the dude totally ignores him....Suge is really the one who acts like a bitch if u ask me and of course Tupac was his bitch cause he was bought and paid for. Sorry Pac fans cause I liked Pac till he came to the Row but once he came, then end of DR was inevitable.   

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
I agree with Jimmy H. in that it's hard to understand Suge's obvious hatred for Dre but it sort of reminds you of like the bully picking on a dude who won't fight back at least verbally. On the slide, Dre has gotten his little licks in but never ever has he directly mentioned Suge or Pac both of whom I personally blame for the downfall of DR and the WC in general. Unlike Snoop or Daz who (after they left) were not afraid to mention Suge's name or verbally stand up to him, Dre has always publicly ignored him...Maybe that is one reason Suge has always dissed Dre..He can't get a rise out of him even now. On top of ignoring him in general, he supassed Suge personally in the business and of course Aftermath flourished while Death Row perished. Alot of people make a deal of the fact that DRe is not from the streets this and that but dude played it smarter than most. Just concentrate on his success and ignore the bullshit.  I think it's obvious who has won the battle Dre>/Suge, Aftermath> Deathrow and Suge can't handle that. Snoop and Daz have had success especially Snoop but Dre has totally blown Suge the gansta out of the water on a  professional, success, financial tip. He lost to a dude who is  "not from the streets" according to him and the dude totally ignores him....Suge is really the one who acts like a bitch if u ask me and of course Tupac was his bitch cause he was bought and paid for. Sorry Pac fans cause I liked Pac till he came to the Row but once he came, then end of DR was inevitable.   
The one thing that sort of brought this all to my attention was an interview a few months back with Big Los who was basically Suge's lieutenant who said something about how he never really had any disrespect for Dre because even though Suge had the most hatred for him probably out of anyone, he never pretended to be the kind of gangsta that Snoop did. But the thing that sticks out to me is with all the people at Death Row who did these tell-alls and such, we've never really got an accurate idea of what the problem is that Suge has. When you look at him going to the "In Da Club" shoot or the Vibe incident, there has to be something driving this guy to go there. I mean, the dude has exhausted seemingly every effort to make the guy look bad publicly but unlike Puffy or Snoop, the public has never known the specifics. I'm not saying Suge was right to diss Snoop but at least with Snoop leaving and actually firing back, you could see where that feud stems from. Dre surrendered his masters and everything he helped create over there to start all over again from scratch. I don't know. 15 years is a long time to be pissed at someone for handing you over their half of a hundred-million-dollar company.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 01:45:47 AM »
Dre left Death Row.
i read somewhere that they were beefing because of snoops murder case
it was because of snoops murder case..dre did not testify for snoop...and Pac saw this as selling out ya homie...yet dre is a funny acting muthafucka..we see all the signs now ..don't we.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 02:53:02 AM »
Yeah, I remember reading a quote with Dre were he said something about how he would go to the Death Row studios after coming off his jail/house arrest stint and all these new artists would be like, "Hey, I'm signed to the label and you're gonna produce my album" and he said he didn't even know any of these guys.

But the thing with people moving on is I can somewhat understand for him to maybe feel that way about Snoop-Dogg Pound because they left when he was locked up. If Dre was being pushed out of the picture, why would you see him as disloyal? You don't want him on the label so he leaves? Even in 1996, I get being mad but sometime around 2000, it should be water under the bridge.
2001 was released

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »
I don't think we'll ever know the truth behind Suge's beef with Dre. We've all heard about the engineer getting beat up for rewinding the tape far. I think we may have some insight on it though. Yeah, Dre did play it better than others but, it came with a cost. I can imagine that at times it was a hard pill to swallow. It was some crazy though.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 04:57:10 AM »
Pac realised Dre had homo tendencies.

Che_G

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 05:48:54 AM »
2pac said that dr dre was doin 1 beat a year never in the studio but there must be a reason

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
Tha Dogg Pound's Dogg Food became another issue. Dre was gonna produced some cuts for Tha Dogg Pound but, Suge didn't want no production by Dre to appear. Dre did mixed that album and it was said that Dre sold some of his beats to Daz. That's why that part of that album still sounds like a Dr. Dre production.

In the recent Snoop/Daz interview that is linked somewhere here in the forum (where they talk about nate and basically go through the whole DR era) Daz mentions that he didn't produce NY, NY and Smooth (both by DJ Pooh) . And we heard elsewhere that Dre did a Remix to Dopp Pound Gangstas or one of the other songs that never got released.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:32:42 PM by D-e-f- »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »
Fake Drama!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 07:18:25 AM »
If you remember after the Source awards incident and Dre still accepted his award, one if the first things he said was "you/they can't stop me".  Everyone knows that Suge orchestrated that attack on Dre and I think everyone knows Dre was really addressing Suge in his speech (once again, never mentioning his name) and I think Dre's attitude, success, and the fact that I am sure Suge thought he and Pac were going to totally destroy Dre after he left. When Dre's first couple of releases on Aftermath did not "blow up", I think Suge thought he had won as far as destroying Dre's rep and I'm sure alot of us thought the same. Maybe in his darkest moments alone, Dre thought he was losing as well. Say what you want about Dre and u can have your opinion about what saved his career (Em, Jimmy Iovine) but dude is like a machine and I don't think Suge realized what/who he was up against. I just don't think Suge was ever really worried about Snoop (who never really reached the success of Doggystyle) or Daz but he wanted to destroy Dre. Say what u want but from Tim Dog, no disrespect but Eazy, Luke, Suge, Jermaine Dupree, Ja Rule, and if he is not careful 50 cents, dudes who diss Dre just seem to lose one way or another. Suge needs to accept that he lost "big time" and it's over.

bouli77

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »
i agree with your analysis but I think you're wrong to put Eazy-E in the same bag as the others mentioned. Eazy didn't diss Dre to begin with, he was dissed by Dre, and he dissed back. And Eazy was thriving, maybe not as much as Death Row but he was very successful as a CEO and as a solo act, who knows where he would be today had he not been crushed by AIDS. Like it's been mentioned by others in the topic, Eazy had most likely already resolved his issues with Dre by the time he passed and was in the talks for a NWA reunion.

love33

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
It cracks me up the ones who want to try to rewrite the story act like Pac couldn't think for himself and Suge controlled his thought process.  Pac was the most outspoken person in the history of rap of course he could think for himself.  They were friends at first then they had a huge falling out because of Dr Dre's changing personality at the time.  Dre was reportedly upset that "California Love" was his record for Chronic 2 and Suge made it the lead single for "All Eyez On Me."  Pac got on KMEL radio and talked about how Dre wasn't producing anything and said he's a bomb producer but he takes too long to make the beats and he wasn't going to wait for him and Daz, Johnny J, etc. were all grindin out beats and Dre was nowhere to be found.  Pac said he was out with the homies thuggin in the streets representing the label and Dre wasn't doing anything.  Then he dissed him on a bunch of tracks notably "To Live And Die," "Toss It Up" (sounds like Dre's "No Diggity" beat) and "Friendz."  Dr Dre wanted to go a different direction and didn't want to be around all the gangbanging and turmoil in the studio he wanted a more private working environment where he could take 5 years to make a record.

Don't believe any of the other fake stories from groupies who have an agenda against Tha Row that's the real story and that's what happened.  Some groupies will try to act like Tupac was a programmed computer and Suge Knight had the keyboard and mouse yet Pac always spoke up for himself and what he believed in.  Tupac was Death Row up until he passed away. RIP

V2DHeart

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 01:57:01 PM »
They were friends at first then they had a huge falling out because of Dr Dre's changing personality at the time.  Dre was reportedly upset that "California Love" was his record for Chronic 2 and Suge made it the lead single for "All Eyez On Me."  Pac got on KMEL radio and talked about how Dre wasn't producing anything and said he's a bomb producer but he takes too long to make the beats and he wasn't going to wait for him and Daz, Johnny J, etc. were all grindin out beats and Dre was nowhere to be found.  Pac said he was out with the homies thuggin in the streets representing the label and Dre wasn't doing anything.  Then he dissed him on a bunch of tracks notably "To Live And Die," "Toss It Up" (sounds like Dre's "No Diggity" beat) and "Friendz." 

Don't believe any of the other fake stories from groupies who have an agenda against Tha Row that's the real story and that's what happened.  Some groupies will try to act like Tupac was a programmed computer and Suge Knight had the keyboard and mouse yet Pac always spoke up for himself and what he believed in.  Tupac was Death Row up until he passed away. RIP

It cracks me up the ones who want to try to rewrite the story act like Pac couldn't think for himself and Suge controlled his thought process.  Pac was the most outspoken person in the history of rap of course he could think for himself.  They were friends at first then they had a huge falling out because of Dr Dre's changing personality at the time.  Dre was reportedly upset that "California Love" was his record for Chronic 2 and Suge made it the lead single for "All Eyez On Me."  Pac got on KMEL radio and talked about how Dre wasn't producing anything and said he's a bomb producer but he takes too long to make the beats and he wasn't going to wait for him and Daz, Johnny J, etc. were all grindin out beats and Dre was nowhere to be found.  Pac said he was out with the homies thuggin in the streets representing the label and Dre wasn't doing anything.  Then he dissed him on a bunch of tracks notably "To Live And Die," "Toss It Up" (sounds like Dre's "No Diggity" beat) and "Friendz."  Dr Dre wanted to go a different direction and didn't want to be around all the gangbanging and turmoil in the studio he wanted a more private working environment where he could take 5 years to make a record.

Wrong. Suge had never even heard Dre's California Love beat before in his life. He only knew about Dre's schedule of working with Rodger Troutman, and that was it.

When J-Flexx had written a track to sean barney rubble's 'basic' beat, Dre done what he done to it, and rapped J-Flexx's track word for word. The first verse on 2pac's California love, is also on the original version as well, which has 2 other Dre verses. 2Pac when recording All Eyez on Me wanted a Dr Dre track on his album - He had already recorded tracks for the album in days. Dre agreed, but Dr Dre would not go to the Can Am studios as he didn't like the atmosphere there, or the handling of peoples masters at the time. 2Pac had to go to Dre's house where he had an in-built studio in one of his rooms, where he kept all his work. He never submitted anything. Dre "gave" him 2 beats, and respected his professional, and swift attitude to his work. Although the 2 never worked together in his studio again (they done video shoots, TV promo's together on TV networks) 2Pac was able to get a beat from him again quite easily in the summer of 96. He arrived at Can Am with a Dre beat to record the Toss It Up song. Dre was going through problems with Death Row, and gave Blackstreet the same beat, since Death Row hadn't released 2Pac's album by this point. Producers on Death Row modified the entire beat that 2Pac had, and gave Dre no credit. 2Pac re-recorded his vocals, and dissed him in the song, and on other songs he done during that time with people (Suge) in his ear

Dr Dre was never forced to hand over anything, and didn't have to work with 2Pac if he didn't want to. Suge Knight didn't know anything about any beats he had. The very fact that 2Pac managed to voluntarily get 3 beats from him, and to have him in 2 of his videos, and do promotional work on MTV and other places speaks volumes considering he was supposed to have not done much around that time, and "personally" hated 2Pac. There's a lot of twisted words, and views on this entire subject, but one thing's for sure:

Dr Dre didn't hate 2Pac. He liked 2Pac, respected him as an artist, but didn't like the trouble that surrounded him. He liked Death Row, but didn't like the trouble that surrounded the studios, and the fact that the co-owner wasn't really stopping it, but fuelling it, and not really correcting any errors - IE Dogg Food, where it started from. He felt 2Pac coming to the label would double the amount of trouble that was already enough for Dre to spend all his working time at home
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
^that's a nice story but wtf!!! We're supposed to believe your paragraph on what happened over anyone elses? Lol, were you there? Source or get out.

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
yeah you sound very knowledgeable about the death row era mickaveli (cf. your post here and in the daz hates france topic), seems like you were working for death row at the time, am i wrong ?