Author Topic: America see's EU as rival, not ally  (Read 218 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

America see's EU as rival, not ally
« on: January 06, 2003, 11:39:03 AM »
Anyone notice recently Bush's pleas to the EU to allow Turkey join as soon as possible. There were huge attempts made to get the turks included in the enlargement plans and they succeeded in getting a long term arrangement.

Many here think that this is a blatant attempt to weaken the EU. Turkey has one of the highest human rights abuse records in the world, coupled with a draconian law system. The strains this would put on Europe, especially due to the sheer size of the country. Europe doesn't want Turkey until it cleans up it's act. America should stick to it's home policies and quit trying to influence other countries.

While we're on the topic. A close mate of mine who is from Somalia has relations in the states and he was telling me about how some of them have been detained in prisons etc coz theyre arab. Does that take place a lot there or is it kept under the covers?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Don Seer

Re:America see's EU as rival, not ally
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 11:42:39 AM »
I heard theres been a lot of shady stuff like that recently.

political hip hop activist daveyd www.daveyd.com has been covering some of these things. i suggest people sign up to his hiphop+hiphopoliticial newslettter. i've been a subscriber for many years.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 11:43:05 AM »
ohh and i believe he is from oakland ;)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 11:49:51 AM »
here in Toronto, there have been several cases of Canadian Muslims being locked up in the States in prison for simply visa violations, etc

as for Turkey they shouldnt be allowed into the EU, matter of fact those Turks should attempt to redeem themselves in the Islamic world

a shame that the great bastion of Islam for centuries is begging to suck the EUs dick and turn its back on its identity

the turkish govt makes me sick
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

min0rity

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 03:01:28 PM »
great comment from nas:

"how could the president fix other problems when he hasn't fixed his own yet?"

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 03:59:43 PM »
of course turkey shouldn't be in the eu. as you said, they don't take the human rights very seriously.

CWalker187

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 09:30:13 PM »

[quote author=Irish_thug_wannabe link=board=3;threadid=26519;start=0#305108 d
While we're on the topic. A close mate of mine who is from Somalia has relations in the states and he was telling me about how some of them have been detained in prisons etc coz theyre arab. Does that take place a lot there or is it kept under the covers? ate=1041881943]

You must be thinking about what happened immediately following September 11th. The FBI arrested a ton of Somalis and shut down their businesses, which were operating as fronts and wiring money to Al-Queada. They even busted one Somali business in my city for sending money to Islamic terrorists.

It is good to know that the Muslims that live and work amongst us here in America are secretly working to kill us all. ALLAH AKBHAR!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 09:31:48 PM by CWalker187 »

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 09:31:45 PM »
You must be thinking about what happened immediately following September 11th. The FBI arrested a ton of Somalis and shut down their businesses, which were operating as fronts and wiring money to Al-Queada. They even busted one Somali business in my city for sending money to Islamic terrorists.

It is good to know that the Muslims that live and work amongst us here in America are secretly working to kill us all. ALLAH AKBHAR!!!!!!!!!!

You are paranoid!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 09:32:31 PM by mauzip »

CWalker187

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 09:33:16 PM »
Anyone notice recently Bush's pleas to the EU to allow Turkey join as soon as possible. There were huge attempts made to get the turks included in the enlargement plans and they succeeded in getting a long term arrangement.

It has nothing to do with weakening the EU. The EU is no competition to the US. All the US is trying to do is get on Turkey's good side because they are such a strategic ally.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2003, 12:02:13 PM »
In militery terms the eu is no comparisdon to america, but im glad of that. if we had the military power we may become corrupted and then be under threat from those we corrupt. Living in ireland i am proud we are a neutral country. I think that you are prob right about getting on the turks good side, but fucking with your "allies" when ur trying to get nato backing isnt good politics. Here in ireland there have been huge protests about american planes refueling in shannon. It's likely the govt will bow to demand and oust the americans despite trade relations. This could be similar in europe soon.
I think however europe has as much if not more power politically. While america is the biggest nation, the eu has an alliance of some of the worlds most powerful nations. Not that we want to fight u but if we did....would u prefer to have one big strong guy or have 5 or 6 slightly weaker dudes on your side? Id prefer the gang.
You may think the world economy depends on america. True. But america also depends on the world economy. It goes both ways. At the moment, your country has stumbled economically and you have pulled many countrys,like ourselves, out of a boom. But should something like that happen in europe, american economies would also fall. Its all interdependant so i wouldnt adopt the philosophy, we cant be stopped. Because at the moment your government is burning bridges and pretty soon you could be stuck on an island plagued with recession.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK