Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Sells 50K First Week  (Read 2384 times)

Will_B

Re: Snoop Dogg Sells 50K First Week
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2011, 05:53:30 AM »
Why do sales even matter to fans, i couldnt give a fuck what they sell as long as the musics good. And Og Will snoops a major pop star

Sure he is, but I'm saying he ain't Drake or some shit like that.
Snoop still makes the music that the pop industry would rather he didn't...
Like wet, Boom, platinum, the weed is mine, i wanna rock, sexual eruption, california girls ect.
:sleep:

Snoop = Rapper first. Pop artists second.

Snoop ain't no industry puppet.

doggfather

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »

Snoop ain't no industry puppet.

he's a smart bussinesman, and use the industry.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 06:18:05 AM »
Snoop = pop artist period. If he wasnt an industry puppet there would be no wet or boom. Take the dpgc's combined dicks out your mouth.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 06:20:15 AM »
Pop can mean two things, popular meaning everyone knows who you are or poppy music like Katy Perry, Snoop fits both categories somewhat

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2011, 06:42:00 AM »
Snoop = pop artist period. If he wasnt an industry puppet there would be no wet or boom. Take the dpgc's combined dicks out your mouth.

omg!!!! (gaylike or frustrated)... when is EVERYBODY gonna realize that just becuz you make a song intended for EVERYBODY to like doesn't make it a Pop record, smmfh.  "Wet" or "Boom" are far from Pop records... and i'm sorry if I offend u dogg, u probably just don't know any better or what a Pop record really is and you've been influenced by too many blogs and websites and DVD's since you grew up

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »
omg!!!! (gaylike or frustrated)... when is EVERYBODY gonna realize that just becuz you make a song intended for EVERYBODY to like doesn't make it a Pop record, smmfh.  "Wet" or "Boom" are far from Pop records... and i'm sorry if I offend u dogg, u probably just don't know any better or what a Pop record really is and you've been influenced by too many blogs and websites and DVD's since you grew up
Like omg you are so totally gay. Wet and Boom are straight pop/commercial records. What the fuck have DVD's got to do with this and i dont read no blogs.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »
when is EVERYBODY gonna realize that just becuz you make a song intended for EVERYBODY to like doesn't make it a Pop record, smmfh. 

LOL, never. Because when you make a song "intended for EVERYBODY", you're going commercial & going commercial is being pop.

Eminem made a song for everyone & he's considered highly poppy; same thing applies to Snoop when he made "I Wanna Fuck You" or "Gangsta Luv".

That's just talking about being "pop". Getting back to Snoop on this album, I don't think he has too much "pop" here because he doesn't have any real songs he's trying to make "for everyone", he made music for his fans. It's just, he failed miserably & this album is pretty awful lol.

Will_B

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »
this album is pretty awful lol.

:loco:

It really is. Like I said in the albums discussion thread, it's better than "Malice In Wonderland", but that's not saying much lol.

felipebtu

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:31 PM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.
 I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.
 The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.
 It can be a test, may be country and have Willie Nelson together, can be funky and have Bootsy Collins participating.
 Kanye West may have a hit doing more futuristic (as is his style)
 But to say that Snoop does not make music based on their roots or the G-Funk? So is seeing the guest list on the album ..
 Bootsy, Goldie Loc, Pilot, Daz, Too Short, Latoya, Uncle Chucc, E40, Marty James, Koka .. ALL artists in the west coast ..
 Snoop keeps his roots yes.
 bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.
 Snoop is an entertainer of masses.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.
 It can be a test, may be country and have Willie Nelson together, can be funky and have Bootsy Collins participating.
 But to say that Snoop does not make music based on their roots or the G-Funk? So is seeing the guest list on the album ..
 Bootsy, Goldie Loc, Pilot, Daz, Too Short, Latoya, Uncle Chucc, E40, Marty James, Koka .. ALL artists in the west coast ..
 Snoop keeps his roots yes bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.
 SNOOP IS AN ENTERTAINER OF MASSES
Which makes a POP artist. Waka flockas album shits on doggumentry and aint no pop album.

V2DHeart

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Times have changed. It's not Snoop's fault, it's the industry. Nobody buys albums anymore. The internet fucked everything up.

Complete and utter rubbish.

People still buy albums
The internet has allowed better, modern and more effective promotion
Piracy existed way before the internet - In stalls, markets, street corners, outside concerts, anywhere that music enthusiasts gathered
The early 90's allowed CD rentals to be recorded via cassette tape on Hi-Fi stereos, or CD's to be handed round groups of friends to be recorded on Tape when tapes were more widely used
It's claimed that the bulk of downloaded albums from internet users are albums that they wouldn't have necessarily purchased in the first place, thus having virtually no impact to sales

The internet can't be to blame for the industry's widespread sloppyness, and sluggish approach to quick sales over quality control, and artist development, and nurturing creativity from rosters... The public got tired of wasting their hard earned money on garbage, and re-cycled music - That's why the industry is in the situation it's in

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

G-Funk

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
this album is pretty awful lol.
:loco:
It really is. Like I said in the albums discussion thread, it's better than "Malice In Wonderland", but that's not saying much lol.
I agree. Some good songs on there and better than Malice. Honestly though, this didn't feel like an album to me.

Will_B

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.
 The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.

+1 :pimp:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »

I agree with most of that. However, I wouldn't say "the masses" because he didn't sell to "the masses". 50K for somebody who is supposedly "one of the biggest names in Hip Hop history" is pretty weak.

& what you named for today's typical "mainstream strategies (Drake, Alex Da Kid, etc.)", you're right; Snoop didn't have that on this album. But autotuned hooks with T-Pain like "I Wanna Fuck You" was the "mainstream thing to do" just a few years ago & that's exactly what Snoop's single sounded like.

So Snoop has gone pop.