Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Sells 50K First Week  (Read 2383 times)

felipebtu

Re: Snoop Dogg Sells 50K First Week
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.
 It can be a test, may be country and have Willie Nelson together, can be funky and have Bootsy Collins participating.
 Kanye West may have a hit doing more futuristic (as is his style)
 But to say that Snoop does not make music based on their roots or the G-Funk? So is seeing the guest list on the album ..
 Bootsy, Goldie Loc, Pilot, Daz, Too Short, Latoya, Uncle Chucc, E40, Marty James, Koka .. ALL artists in the west coast ..
 Snoop keeps his roots yes bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.
 SNOOP IS AN ENTERTAINER OF MASSES
Which makes a POP artist. Waka flockas album shits on doggumentry and aint no pop album.

Souljah Boys' album is not pop album too ? or is ? i Need a doctor is not a pop song ? or is ? waka is 'ROOTS' artist ..c'mon

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.It can be a test, may be country and have Willie Nelson together, can be funky and have Bootsy Collins participating.Kanye West may have a hit doing more futuristic (as is his style)But to say that Snoop does not make music based on their roots or the G-Funk? So is seeing the guest list on the album ..Bootsy, Goldie Loc, Pilot, Daz, Too Short, Latoya, Uncle Chucc, E40, Marty James, Koka .. ALL artists in the west coast ..Snoop keeps his roots yes bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.SNOOP IS AN ENTERTAINER OF MASSES
Which makes a POP artist. Waka flockas album shits on doggumentry and aint no pop album.
Souljah Boys' album is not pop album too ? or is ? i Need a doctor is not a pop song ? or is ? waka is 'ROOTS' artist ..c'mon
Whst the fuck are you talkin about soulja boy is straight pop as is i need a doctor.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
snoop dont care... he gettin show money..albums n sales r label trophys..

all artist know..and will tell fans to goto their shows oppose to gettin an album...

V2DHeart

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »
All these artists are just trying to claw in some extra income for their pensions.

Snoop will try and work with anyone - Be it Puffy, Soulja Boy, Britney Spears, it doesn't matter to him, as long as it provides fame, in the hopes of some quick cash. He doesn't care about maintaining integrity, or his legacy to ensure a better deal further down the line. Pussycat Dolls, and Katy Perry aren't the typical features of a Rap artist yet he's worked with them all. There isn't much longevity left with him. Malice In Wonderland was laughable. This album is a pile of horse shyt too. Pretty much everything Snoop has done in the past number of years (despite Chad's & Pharells good work) has been wack, and made to align with the current 5 minute hit trend. Fine short term, but long term, damages his image, and should real music, and fresh genuine talent be at the forefront of mainstream - all these guys will be an after thought
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »

all artist know..and will tell fans to goto their shows oppose to gettin an album...

That'd only be true, if Snoop wasn't puttin out good albums too.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:25 PM »

he aint tho. His last few albums have been wack, with a few good songs here and there.

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »

he aint tho. His last few albums have been wack, with a few good songs here and there.

Snoop ain't made a wack album since R&G in my opinion.

Yes he hasn't put out a classic album in a long while, but his albums ain't wack.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »

Yes he hasn't put out a classic album in a long while, but his albums ain't wack.

thank u snoop been there n done that...he is in his prince stage in his career...do it for the nostalgia factor..

he can make a quick  stack in cali alone....if he do a newer version of up n smoke..all these weed head rappers he fathered...along with devin...he will make a killin...throw some cypress in the mix...he got 500,000 stacks right there..

HighEyeCue

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »

I dont know if I would call them wack but his last few albums have been subpar IMO since BCT

Doggumentary is a little better though

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 11:36:28 PM »
his new label suck dick

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.
 I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.
 The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.
 It can be a test, may be country and have Willie Nelson together, can be funky and have Bootsy Collins participating.
 But to say that Snoop does not make music based on their roots or the G-Funk? So is seeing the guest list on the album ..
 Bootsy, Goldie Loc, Pilot, Daz, Too Short, Latoya, Uncle Chucc, E40, Marty James, Koka .. ALL artists in the west coast ..
 Snoop keeps his roots yes.
 bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.
 Snoop is an entertainer of masses.

right, wet is for the streets :camp:
Snoop's sound is not pop. I do not see any production of Alex The Kid on his album, I do not see Skylar Grey singing the chorus of any song, much less Rihanna.
 I do not see any verse from Drake in his album, much less Waka Flocka Flame.
 The Sound of Snoop is like a chameleon .. POP it can be sometimes, it can be a sound you enjoy in the club.
 Snoop keeps his roots yes.
 bullshit this business pop artist .. country club and the fuck.
 Snoop is an entertainer of masses.

I agree with most of that. However, I wouldn't say "the masses" because he didn't sell to "the masses". 50K for somebody who is supposedly "one of the biggest names in Hip Hop history" is pretty weak.

& what you named for today's typical "mainstream strategies (Drake, Alex Da Kid, etc.)", you're right; Snoop didn't have that on this album. But autotuned hooks with T-Pain like "I Wanna Fuck You" was the "mainstream thing to do" just a few years ago & that's exactly what Snoop's single sounded like.

So Snoop has gone pop.

he already did that with doggytyle

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 07:07:29 AM »
When i was growing up me and my mates all collected cds. Kids these days do not. Most dont buy ANY albums. of course the internet comes into play, 9/10 people download albums, same with tv shows, anime, movies , etc.
 I bet at least a million people downloaded Snoops album and prolly thousands just got the one person they know who purchased it to burn it for them.
 Iam the only person i know who bought it and i've had requests to burn it for peopel and my other mates just all downloaded it.
 Sweat gets radio play here also but its some gay techno remix it seems?
 But yeah Snoop aint had a big hit since "drop it like its hot' so no surprise he aint selling well.

Word....  I got to be honest, in so many ways the digital media has fucked up hip-hop and it definitely affects record sales.  In the golden ages of hip-hop like the 80's and 90's there word of mouth really carried the industry and brought people together in hip-hop and propelled artists to the top.  Now there is no word of mouth and record sales are all fucked up.   

I mean, the good part about it is we have so much more music to listen to now, but the quality of music has deteriorated drastically because of it and artists are getting ripped off.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
Kids buy the individual songs, they don't buy entire albums

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
Boom is a dope single, should blow
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 01:31:26 AM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 04/11/2011
LAST UPDATE: 04/11/2011 16:24:25
NOW IN: 69.42%

8 47 SNOOP DOGG DS/PRIORITY/EMI 4,896
DOGGUMENTARY