Author Topic: DUBCNN: Post your questions for DJ Quik  (Read 1121 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Post your questions for DJ Quik
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:43 PM »
keep it peaceful
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Post your questions for DJ Quik
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:01 PM »
You still cool with Suga Free? Is Street Gospel 2 ever coming out?

Funkstradamus

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
Any plans to release any of his unreleased music / tracks like Felonz and Status?

Does he realize how much his fans would love to hear his unreleased and demo stuff?

Does he know people pay outrageous amounts online for his unreleased stuff?

Considering how popular his Quik's Grooves are...Why no Quik's Groove on the new cd?

Has he ever considered doing an album of all instrumentals and talkbox like Roger & Zapp?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
One thing I always wondered about was the Everlast diss on "Can't Fuck Wit A Nigga" off the Menace II Society soundtrack. What was the origin of that feud?

Any chance of a "Lost Tapes" or "Bootlegs & B-Sides"-style release of lost Quik tracks?

Besides yourself, who do you consider to be the top 5 producers working in music today?

Stan

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
Who are your musical influences that no one would ever guess?

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »

Do you ever plan on releasing the track you recorded with MC Eiht ?

G-Funk

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:07:04 AM »
Out of all of your solo albums, which is your personal favorite?

I heard that before your new album was called "Book of David", it was to be named "Rhythm-al-ism Red"; if true what made you decide to change the name and concept of the album?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:56:44 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »
Can you ask him if the song "fresher than me" he did with Suga Free will ever get released?

And if the other songs he played that didn't make the cut for TBOD will be released as well?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:49:01 AM by IbblesAndBits »

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »
About time! This is long over do.

lil jay, I know you go oway back with quik and i remeber your interviews from the westcoast2k dayz so i know your gonna come correct!

1. See if he can bless dubcnn with this "Just Lyke Compton remix" he did a while ago at the How The West Was Won tour he did with snoop in 09'

2. What really happend between him and AMG, why are they beefing?

3. When is that street gospel 2 coming out? Can we expect that "Fresher than me" song on there?

4. What other projects do you have in the works

5. would he consider doing a blaqkout 2

6. what will he do with the songs that didnt make the final cut? will they be like an itunes bonus songs? bestbuy bonus?

7. will you put out an instrumental album like you did with Trauma?

Thats all i have for now!
when will this interview be out by?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:47:02 AM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

J Double

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 01:01:29 AM »
Will he EVER release the track "Swallow Me" that was intended for the "Under The Influence" LP...the instrumental is dope but I'm dying to hear that track

Soopahigh

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 01:01:40 AM »
-Does he plan to produce some r'n'b songs in the future. The songs he did with danny boy/truth hurts, john b etc...were all dope
-What happened to the songs he did for Jodeci's supposed come back a few years ago ?
-Is QDT still active ?

V2DHeart

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:31:33 AM »
If he plans to release unreleased material from his Rythm-alism/Balance & Options era- An era regarded by most as his signature sound, and best musical moments
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
"have you ever thought about doing jazz arrangements of your hits that you would perform with a small combo in jazz clubs all over the world? to see an even more versatile and more musical side of david blake?"

"name the 5 most important pieces of your mixdown gear: what is it called, and why is it so important for you, how do you use it, whats so special about it?"

"is there a difference in the process of creating a song in the 90s and now? how is the process? jaming around? or what songs did you produce having the whole song already in your mind, directing musicians to play things exactly like this and that. BOOM. song done. which of your hit songs were created like this?"

"why is it so important for a producer/you to recreate yourself on each album? doesnt personal and intellectual growth and your surrounding (like change of time.. radio, politics, etc..) automatically lead to an upgraded sound? isnt that just natural? so why putting oneself under big pressure to having things done in a particular way that you dont even know yet. doesnt that lead in the most extreme case to a detox album that will see the light of day after more then 10yrs without the promised improovements that everybody expects, judged on the two singles dr.dre released so far."

"you are one of the most underrated producers in the game but still very well respected. dont you think youre just perfect in that niche? you seem to feel very well jumping into the audience and shaking hands with them or do stage diving. a dr.dre isnt able to do so. also you can experiment on your more frequently albums without loosing big fanbase that are expecting radio-friendly pop music."

"how do you feel about the change of music. 30-40 years ago music was more lively and versatile played on the radio. nowadays it seems that the industry is dictating what is to be played on the radio. songs that follow a certain scheme which seems to be the flavor of the day is played over and over again. you have 5 different songs by 5 different artists and producers. and still they roughly sound the same. what happend to the originality and artistic freedom that used to define a musician prior to the last 10 years. and what happend to the freedom a radio DJ used to have to actually play whatever he feels which needs to be played spontaniously in this very moment which was the original idea of radio as a medium? so how does that influence the music industry and how does it affect you?"

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:03:39 AM by DPG4Life »

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 01:37:53 AM »
why no too short or devin the dude collab..

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 01:43:01 AM »
"have you ever thought about doing jazz arrangements of your hits that you would perform with a small combo in jazz clubs all over the world? to see an even more versatile and more musical side of david blake?"
have you ever been to a quiks goove concert?
he does it more often then you think.
i seen him do a set with a live orchestra! a fuckin classical orchestra! that shit was amazing.
he also does concerts with live bands and gets old school funky!
I love being from L.A. haha
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:44:53 AM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above