Author Topic: DUBCNN: Post your questions for DJ Quik  (Read 1124 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: DUBCNN: Post your questions for DJ Quik
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:38 AM »
Love the questions so far. I hate when vets get interviewed and people ask the same old question

I too wanna know if he's going to do a lost tapes type thing and release felonz, live from la theme, inside out, etc

Since he finally admitted "u aint fresh" is a dre diss, ask him to speak more on how the other nwa members reacted to his request to replace eazy

What ever happed to gangsta d from 2nd ii none? And playa hamm? And pretty much why he's beefing with amg and hi-c (and does he think their issues can be resolved)

Why did he diss game on that 8 minute diss track from a few months ago?

Will there be a visualism 2? Or another dvd?

What was it like to finally work with ice cube?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »
One thing I always wondered about was the Everlast diss on "Can't Fuck Wit A Nigga" off the Menace II Society soundtrack. What was the origin of that feud?

always thought it was funny....him  and everlast had beef...kuz everlast came in the game with ice t in that rhyme syndicate shit

everlast diss quik with the strawberry quik line in shamrocks n shennangins ...u might wanna ask everlast..he shot the slug first..quik responded

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
One thing I always wondered about was the Everlast diss on "Can't Fuck Wit A Nigga" off the Menace II Society soundtrack. What was the origin of that feud?

always thought it was funny....him  and everlast had beef...kuz everlast came in the game with ice t in that rhyme syndicate shit ..woulda thought him ice t would be cool...

everlast diss quik with the strawberry quik line in shamrocks n shennangins ...u might wanna ask everlast..he shot the slug first..quik responded

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 02:02:47 AM »
Would you work on Games Diary of Compton album if he could get everybody else involved.
When you coming to the UK on tour

papa-smurf

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »
1)can u please put the song u always perform called fresher then me feat suga free on the album or release it.i need that song
2)when suga free street gospel 2 comeing out?

papa-smurf

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:52 AM »
1)Is it true that quik was gonna produce a bg knocc out album back in the day?
2)out of all the artist quik worked with.who he like working with the most & had the most fun working with?
3)since quik the best producer 4 makeing fly beats & suga free & too short always on some pimp shit.can we expect a free & short track produced by quik?
4)do quik ever plan on acting or putting out future dvd's?
& would he ever do like a smooth jazz type album?

oh & dont 4get about the fresher then me track.quik gotta put that out!!

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:51 AM »
whats up with QDT?????

k1000

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 02:49:23 AM »
Why no proper DVD release of "Greatest hits live at the House Of Blues" ?

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 03:13:23 AM »
"have you ever thought about doing jazz arrangements of your hits that you would perform with a small combo in jazz clubs all over the world? to see an even more versatile and more musical side of david blake?"
have you ever been to a quiks goove concert?
he does it more often then you think.
i seen him do a set with a live orchestra! a fuckin classical orchestra! that shit was amazing.
he also does concerts with live bands and gets old school funky!
I love being from L.A. haha

i was talking about a 5-8 man jazz combo - jazz arrangement! thats different..

Mista Rosa

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 03:30:40 AM »
You definitely must ask about Suga Free and if he plans on producing Street Gospel 2. He said on his twitter that Suga Free was on "Book of David" only because of Tony Lane and that he won't produce a whole album for Suga Free. Can he explain it himself ??

Why is he still reluctant to talk about Mausberg ? On his mixtape, the only track he doesn't breakdown is "Down, Down, Down" feat Mausberg...

He said that Stan Sheppard fucked Mausberg by releasing and rushing Mausberg's album after his death and noy giving money to his family. Album didn't sound like Quik wanted because he could not master it. He said Stan Sheppard disappeared while he's still around, just check DUBCNN! Did he ever confront Stan Sheppard about the situation ? Any chance he remasters Non Fiction for the fans and re-release it properly ?

Does Quik still not want to release unheard Mausberg stuff ?

Why didn't he release the tribute "Mausberg RIP" ? This song is the best tribute I've ever heard, I'd love to hear CDQ!!!!

Tell him about the thread that we made not a long time ago about Mausberg discography. We reunited all his songs, tell Quik Mausberg, 10 years after his passing, still gets much love and is not forgotten by his fans!

PLEASE ASK JAY!! THANKS! Can't wait for that interview!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 03:42:51 AM »
01.  Will DJ Quik ever do a Rock collaboration?  I'm not talkin about hookin' up with Travis Barker again either lol.

02.  Who is he rockin' wit that's new these days that's from the East and the South and the Mid West (outside of the Westcoast i guess).  I think it's a little too cliche' and honestly just bland asking him who's New on the West that he's feeling.

03.  Will he ever get with everybody who's ever done anything big or semi-major that's from Compton and do an album together?  Dre, Hootie, Ren, Menace, Game, etc etc...  I'm tellin y'all now that an all out top to bottom Comton album would be a masterpiece.  I mean they've had an unemployment rate of 21%+ for i think decades now, i mean the Art and the creativity from that album would be insane.

04.  Is he doing anymore songs with Jodeci, it's not like they ain't been reunited since forever.

05.  Does he still NOT smoke or drink when he's in the studio recording?

06.  How come he's never worked with Daz... but then again i don't think their sounds would mesh together all that well with Daz's voice and Quik's beats.

07.  Is he ever going to Tenure at a prestigious University for Music/Audio Engineering?  Is that something he would consider?

08.  Does he have any tracks/vocals that are unreleased with Nate Dogg?

09.  How come him and Warren G don't do anything together, especially do a production collaboration?  
Quik:  Drums, Melody, Bass
Warren G:  Keys

10.  Does he have any material he did on Death Row that's unheard/unreleased... i'm talkin songs, features, and most definitely productions too... obviously aside from Danny Boy

11.  Would he ever do a track with Young Jeezy?  I'm tellin' u right now that y'all are sleeping on that collabo, think about it hard (if u have to) iz all i can say.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:45:00 AM by So Life™ »

kuruptDPG

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 04:22:33 AM »
no offence but u guys havnt even sorted out the wc interview (soz if i did miss it lol), unless u kno for a fact quik will defis do it

Inside Out

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »
1. Ask him what he thinks about doing an entire album with Suga Free. They are magic together. The best duo ever...
2. Will he ever work with El DeBarge again? He was giving El DeBarge props in that SmokeALot Radioshow a week ago.
3. Are there plans to release a Visualism Part 2 on DVD/Blu-Ray?
4. What happened with the Greatest Hits Live At The House Of Blues DVD?
5. Are there any plans to release The Book Of David as an ''instrumental album'' like he did with Trauma?
6. What happend between him and AMG?
7. How much is he involved in the Konnectid Project Volume 2?
8. Is he ever going to use the talkbox again?
9. What music does he like when he is chilling at home?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:14 AM »
no offence but u guys havnt even sorted out the wc interview (soz if i did miss it lol), unless u kno for a fact quik will defis do it

true!!

Matty

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 05:18:22 AM »
ok here we go...

- 2nd the requests for question on putting out any old unreleased or misc tracks properly/in cdq. i'd add to that, any chance of his first 3rd albums being fully remastered cause tracks off them sound lot better on da finale compilation. maybe even HQ digital versions of his albums in the future...

- fresher than me, why isn't this on the BOD? bonus track or not cleared/included? perhaps something to do with suga free, but i'd love to hear it with or without him. sounded like one of the best tracks.

- who has been working with lately and upcoming releases we can look forward to with quik production, aside from the jon b. i'd love to hear an entire album done by him like some of his earlier classics. specifically any r&b artists, cause 'fill your cup' is classic level 8)

- technical process - detail on exactly what gadgets is quik playing with these days and hows that influencing his sound?

- any chance of doing a show in the UK any time in the future?

that'll do i guess 8)