Author Topic: dam Busta spits on this track!  (Read 533 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dam Busta spits on this track!
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »
so shit.. i was trying to take a nap in my car while i waited, anyway my son was playing with the radio and this song came on.  when Busta started to spit, i HAD to wake up because i was like GODDAM! Busta just owned the track.. but check it if u havnt heard it..

Busta Rhymes starts at 1:30, for those who dont wanna hear Chris Browns part
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gyLR4NfMiI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8gyLR4NfMiI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: dam Busta spits on this track!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
I think this song is CLASSIC just till Weezy starts spittin his lame ass verse.

What was he thinkin?  ::)

Breezy's part was dope as well!  ;D

but ever since it leaked back then I hoped he would be replaced cause of some label fuckery perhaps. lol

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »
Busta is def. the best part of the song.  He goes off on this too 

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
Yeah this gets a lot of play from me, beat is dope, and shit is vintage busta, Chris ain't too bad either

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
I mean for a club/swag song, I love it. But like "classic"? I don't know about all that. Busta is just rambling. If we based "classicness" off of pure flow, I guess "Relapse" could just be one of the greatest albums of all time then lol. Em's flow was unreal, but his content was "I got a dick in my brain..yeah, fucked in the head" lol.

But I don't want to be "that guy" in this thread. Dope song. 8)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
I mean for a club/swag song, I love it. But like "classic"? I don't know about all that. Busta is just rambling. If we based "classicness" off of pure flow, I guess "Relapse" could just be one of the greatest albums of all time then lol. Em's flow was unreal, but his content was "I got a dick in my brain..yeah, fucked in the head" lol.

What the fuck is a swag song.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »

A song that I can't consider actual Hip Hop, but I can fuck with it because I'm feelin' the vibe of the song. I.E. - Wayne, Drake, etc.

I like that music, but only the vibe it gives off. So I call it "swag" music. 8)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »
A song that I can't consider actual Hip Hop, but I can fuck with it because I'm feelin' the vibe of the song. I.E. - Wayne, Drake, etc.
I like that music, but only the vibe it gives off. So I call it "swag" music. 8)
Cool. Never heard a song be called swag before.
Its a good club song, but i wouldnt call it classic.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »
If we based "classicness" off of pure flow, I guess "Relapse" could just be one of the greatest albums of all time then lol. Em's flow was unreal

no its wasn't. and yes you are that guy

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »
If we based "classicness" off of pure flow, I guess "Relapse" could just be one of the greatest albums of all time then lol. Em's flow was unreal

Point out the flaws in his flow. I'm telling you lyrically half of it is complete nonsense, but as far as flowing over the beat goes, it's impressive.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »

Point out the flaws in his flow. I'm telling you lyrically half of it is complete nonsense, but as far as flowing over the beat goes, it's impressive.

Flow-wise Relapse is Em at his worst. Go back and take a listen.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i25V5ZCD6Mc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i25V5ZCD6Mc</a>

I mean, maybe we just look for different things with flow. But I don't see anything slightly wrong with his flow here.

As for the lyrics, sure, 1/3 of them are awful.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
LMAO you seriously find that amazing? Check your ears bro. You hear that haltering thing he has to do with his voice now? That's weakness at its finest, the opposite of a smooth flow. Any of his previous shit beats it by miles.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
LMAO you seriously find that amazing? Check your ears bro. You hear that haltering thing he has to do with his voice now? That's weakness at its finest, the opposite of a smooth flow. Any of his previous shit beats it by miles.

Basically non-stop spitting for the entire verse, finding words to fit to keep the scheme going.

Of course he had to change his voice, but if Eminem was British & had an accent you would say that it's "wack" due to the fact his voice would always sound like that?

I'm not saying his flow was better than his older flow. Just in terms of flow it wasn't bad.

& getting back to the point of all of this, sure Busta rapped incredibly fast here. But he didn't say anything that was like "whoa that's classic". Remember that white kid you posted on DBA that rapped fast? That was better lyrically than Busta here lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
First off his accent has to do with his delivery, not his flow. If you can't tell the difference leave this discussion now.

lol @ you bringing up the white kid out of nowhere as if it adds anything to your argument. It just makes you sound stupid because the kid's flow is actually pretty amazing on that song. He didn't get millions of views for being wack. The only reason I heard of him is because talented rappers on twitter were tweeting about how impressive he was.

The main point to get out of this is that fast rapping does not equal great flow. For example, Silkk the Shocker rapped fast quite a bit. Mainly because he was unable to properly sequence and space words together.Listening to Em you should be able to clearly hear that his flow is all over the place and he can't get the smooth delivery out.