Author Topic: can sum1 tell me about islam?  (Read 932 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
can sum1 tell me about islam?
« on: January 08, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »
where kinda studying it n school and im interested n it so can sum1 tell me about it? thanxxx

o and btw im talkin about the religon i think its called islam
« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 05:52:11 PM by LAZY aka DPG206 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re:can sum1 tell me about islam?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 06:34:22 PM »
Do you have any specific questions?  There are a few muslims on this board who might be able to answer them...

There are many websites which give a lot of information about Islam, just search for them.  Some are:
http://answering-islam.org/
http://www.islam-guide.com/
http://www.islam101.com/
http://www.islamworld.net/

etc..
peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 06:55:13 PM »
oh i was just wonderin about it like everything about it kinda interested in it... thanx 4 the sites ill check it out

Quakaveli

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 07:34:23 PM »
Whatever you learn, REMEMBER JUST ONE THING...it is not really the "RELIGION OF PEACE" like they say it is...it is a religion and the name of it means peace in Arabic, but it is not the religion of "peace".

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 08:11:32 PM »
Whatever you learn, REMEMBER JUST ONE THING...it is not really the "RELIGION OF PEACE" like they say it is...it is a religion and the name of it means peace in Arabic, but it is not the religion of "peace".

*Shakes Head*

Enough of yur Yappin Apu......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Quakaveli

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2003, 12:38:58 AM »

Enough of yur Yappin Apu......

HAHAHAHA first off dude APU is BANGLADESHI, if U didnt know, second...PAKIS have much worse accents than Indians...and persians.......lmao ever heard a persian fob?hahahahhahahahaha anyway commin from the guy who calls every one else brainwashed and norrow minded hah ::)

comeon rod, admit the flaws in ur religion  ;D

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 02:31:10 AM »
where kinda studying it n school and im interested n it so can sum1 tell me about it? thanxxx

o and btw im talkin about the religon i think its called islam

Islam is one religion.  It is not associated with any person, place, or time.  It is the religion of all people through all times.  Anyone who was sinceare in seeking truth, and worshipping one God, irrespective of what they called it at that time they were Muslims.

Now, with that being said.  Islam says that religion is not merely a faith, a belief, but it is a practice.  Faith without practice becomes a passing phase.  Islam is a practice, it gives you methods, (the 5 pillars) to make a part of your daily life, so at all parts of the day you are acting as a Muslim, conscious of God, and pysically submitting yourself to the will of Allah.  Islam means physically submitting yourself to the will of the Creator, from which all things come.  Even the sun and the moon are Muslims because they follow a devine course as perscribed by their creator.

Any specific questions?

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2003, 02:36:05 PM »
Anus Quake STFU for once, you ruin every damn peacfull thread and start the hating, i dont know why YOUR ass doesnt get banned.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2003, 03:42:13 PM »
Islam is one religion.  It is not associated with any person, place, or time.  It is the religion of all people through all times.  Anyone who was sinceare in seeking truth, and worshipping one God, irrespective of what they called it at that time they were Muslims.

Now, with that being said.  Islam says that religion is not merely a faith, a belief, but it is a practice.  Faith without practice becomes a passing phase.  Islam is a practice, it gives you methods, (the 5 pillars) to make a part of your daily life, so at all parts of the day you are acting as a Muslim, conscious of God, and pysically submitting yourself to the will of Allah.  Islam means physically submitting yourself to the will of the Creator, from which all things come.  Even the sun and the moon are Muslims because they follow a devine course as perscribed by their creator.

Any specific questions?

pretty interesting IMO but yea i kinda have a few ?s

isnt it pretty much like christianity but islam has the 5 pillars and a few other things?
and
wutr sum stuff thats against islam like the religon? like cant they not eat pig or sumthin like that? (dunno where i got that from)

Koncept

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2003, 04:35:20 PM »
HAHAHAHA first off dude APU is BANGLADESHI
i pretty sure Apu is hindu (Apu from the simpsons, if thats what your talking about but i don't know any thing besides cartoons, sorry)

Quakaveli

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2003, 05:42:54 PM »
Anus Quake STFU for once, you ruin every damn peacfull thread and start the hating, i dont know why YOUR ass doesnt get banned.

haha faggy please I am just joking, gosh ::)

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2003, 06:41:08 PM »

pretty interesting IMO but yea i kinda have a few ?s

isnt it pretty much like christianity but islam has the 5 pillars and a few other things?
and
wutr sum stuff thats against islam like the religon? like cant they not eat pig or sumthin like that? (dunno where i got that from)

Islam is similar in that we believe in all the revealed texts and prophets of Allah.  The Torah, Ibrahim, The Gospel (Bible) Moses, Jesus, and thousands of other prophets (peace be unto all of them) and books throughout time some unrecorded.  However, it must be said that the Bible has been altered over and again, and none of the languages that existed in the days of Jesus are still alive today.  

Therefore, as Muslims we believe that the only authentic word of God that we can be fully cetain of is the Qur'an.  The Qur'an was revealed about 600 years after the Bible was written, and it is in the exact form as it was revealed to Muhammad (salla alayhi wa salaam) by Allah.  The languages used in Arabia during that time was Arabic which is ofcourse still alive and flourishing today.  No one can alter the Qur'an.  May Allah protect it always.  Masha Allah.

The only unforgivable sin in Islam is attributing partners to Allah.  That is the single, unforgivable sin.

Forbidden (haram) acts are consuming the devils alcohol, his swine, and man vs. man acts such as gambling.

Anymore questions?

Assalamulaikum.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 06:44:02 PM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2003, 07:31:40 PM »
If your going the question the validity of the Bible, I think its fair to question the validity of the Qu'ran.  For instance....

Sura II, Section 3

And if ye are in doubt
As to what We have revealed
From time to time to Our servant
Then produce a Sura
Like thereunto;
And call your witnesses of helpers
(If there are any) besides God,
If your doubts are true.

This verse challenges the disbelievers of the Qu'ran but it actually helps the disbelievers argue against its validity.  Allah is omniscient and this is he all knowing word.  The verse states simply, if your doubts are true then produce a text to equal this.  In other words, if a disbeliever can produce a text equal to the Qu'ran he can rest assured his doubts are true.

We lets consider this arguement.  The typical layman that reads this passage won't be able to produce a text similar to the Qu'ran and will deem this text evidence that it is the Word of God.  So if you or I look upon it, its true that we can't write a text of equal precision, beauty, intricacy as the quran.

However, there just becuz you or I can't do it doesn't mean everyone in the world can't.  Indeed many gifted and prolific authors could write a text similiar to the Qu'ran if they so desired.  If you consider many literary masterpeices it is evident that there are writers who could write the Qu'ran or something similiar to it.  For example, Dante wrote the Divine Comedy which is similar and length, style, and beauty.  Indeed Dante could have written something similiar to a Sura if he wanted to.  A lot of ancient greek writers wrote long prose stories similar to the Qu'ran.  

Some philsophies can be viewed as being simliar to relgions.  Islam is a way of living.  Certain philsophies are ways of living such as existenalism, objectism.  The initial founders of these philsophies were able to meet the challenge placed in the Qu'ran.  They made magnificent works that obtained strong followings.

Finally consider the Bible... Islam discredits the Bible as lacking definite validity.  In fact if the Bible was the definite word of God, why even write the Qu'ran.  However, those who altered the Bible still created a text equaling the Qu'ran.  Yet, the Qu'ran stated that if a person could recreate a text of equal greatness as the Qu'ran then their doubts would be proven to be truths.  Well the Bible, which has been modified not by God but by humans, does equal the Qu'ran.  And as I previously said other great authors possess the ability and have demonstrated that they possess the ability to write a book simliar to the qu'ran if so desired.  Therefore, according to the Qu'ran I can rest assured that my doubts are true.  

Actually, I have increased the challenge by saying one must make a text similar to the Qu'ran, when in fact the verse only challenged me to reproduce a Sura.  Indeed, a much easier task for any gifted poet or author.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 07:34:55 PM by Ant »

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2003, 08:27:44 PM »
All I know is that they worship Alliyah or something.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2003, 08:31:53 PM »
Since Infinite knows so much about the Bible, perhaps he can tell you what happens to people who die and don't believe in Jesus as the Son of God.