Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26796 times)

4dgspot

• 'G'
Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
Ill be bumping this for years..

Stan

« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
IM DISAPPOINTED

then go and buy britney's new album  ::)

I replayed this album many times and I'm sorry I'm gonna have to downgrade it to a 3/5 at best.  Disappointing and I find myself skipping a lot of the tracks.  If not, I'll skip them at the end ... very repetitive.   :grumpy:

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
i have been bumpin this shit all week to get a feel for it, i'm sorry to say i skip half the songs. there is good beats but not one classic beat. i'm glad i bought it because i got the whole quik catalogue, but this album is wack. 2/5. Daz album is way better i picked both up at the same time, i never would have expected that. the first three beats on that daz album are all very memorable and classic imo.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
also what the fuck is up with the non existant percussion section on boogie till u conk out and other tracks? that shit is not a good look. i hated when warren g did it on his last album n it just seems lazy or like they were trying toohard to be original, anyone else notice this? way to many skippable tracks on this bod album. very dissapointing.

Jay_J

« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
worst album i ever heard for long time... can't believe dj quik added this bad album to his legendary discography...

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
worst album i ever heard for long time
i lol'd

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »
Anyone made track 16 into 2 tracks yet?

B.A.

« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
Anyone made track 16 into 2 tracks yet?

Made it 3 tracks

16. The End? Intro ft. Garry Shider (I don't always feel like listening to two minutes of him singing)
17. The End?
18. Quik's Groove 9
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

kingreisi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »
I fucking hate that Quik put Quiks groove on the same track as the last one and had that stupid ass 3-4min gap

same here. so i splitted the song.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r69rdh7b3n7bvb6
it´s good enough for me.

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2011, 07:19:42 AM »
I fucking hate that Quik put Quiks groove on the same track as the last one and had that stupid ass 3-4min gap

same here. so i splitted the song.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r69rdh7b3n7bvb6
it´s good enough for me.

Props, thought I checked the whole thread.  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
Dope album. Still dont think it is better than Trauma but dope nonetheless

Matty

« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2011, 08:08:29 AM »

not quite as cohesive but tracks like not today and so compton easily put this ahead of trauma for me. trauma has a much harder sound and i think quik is most in the zone with his trademark smooth, funked-out tracks.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »

not quite as cohesive but tracks like not today and so compton easily put this ahead of trauma for me. trauma has a much harder sound and i think quik is most in the zone with his trademark smooth, funked-out tracks.

Yeah but lyrically for me BOD was lazy on a few tracks. Trauma lyrically was more on point. Musically though I dig the production on BOD. Not a bad release, one of those albums that is a grower for me I can tell the more I listen to it. Definitely will be bumping it all this summer.

Matty

« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »

Yeah but lyrically for me BOD was lazy on a few tracks. Trauma lyrically was more on point. Musically though I dig the production on BOD. Not a bad release, one of those albums that is a grower for me I can tell the more I listen to it. Definitely will be bumping it all this summer.

yeah you're probably right, the music is more what i'm listening for. having said that, i think quik has some strong vocal performances on BOD (luv of my life, killer dope) and he definitely tries a lot of different things. there's a couple of funny lines in across the map that stuck in my head 'you little monkey' :laugh:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »

yeah you're probably right, the music is more what i'm listening for. having said that, i think quik has some strong vocal performances on BOD (luv of my life, killer dope) and he definitely tries a lot of different things. there's a couple of funny lines in across the map that stuck in my head 'you little monkey' :laugh:

For me, production with Quik I never waver with it. I'm one of the few that digged Under The Influence, that is a dope album to me. Production I always know I am gonna get something fresh and innovative from him. Lyrically Quik is either surprisingly dope or average for me. Still with all that said album for album he has one of the best catalogs in hip hop hands down IMO.