Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26794 times)

Matty

Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2011, 09:50:48 AM »
i know poppin' is the one of the least liked tracks and i'm not keen on it either, but the production is pretty interesting. the synths and atmosphere reminds me a lot of this...

http://www.mediafire.com/?i1clqpit5l5htca

8)

dameons

« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »
GARBAGE ..........WASHED UP :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mackeye

• 'G'
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »
worst album i ever heard for long time... can't believe dj quik added this bad album to his legendary discography...

i totally agree !
was very disappointed  :(

Eddz

« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2011, 02:30:31 AM »
I have to say it's an easy 4 out of 5 album for me, the album is dope as fuck.

dnjp4life

« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
I have to say it's an easy 4 out of 5 album for me, the album is dope as fuck.

Agreed.  It's in heavy rotation for me now that I have the hard copy.

polepositon

« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2011, 07:41:08 AM »
got damn. ive just now really been off that luv of my life track. that song is so active. really proper track.

Matty

« Reply #321 on: May 07, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
got damn. ive just now really been off that luv of my life track. that song is so active. really proper track.

luv of my life just gets better and better, classic 8)

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
I think most people want a more consistent album from Quik, and it's only right that their expectations are high, the man is a musical genius.

With that said, I do skip some tracks, and that's weird from album coming from him.

Ghetto Rendevous and Luv Of My Life are, to me, timeless classics. You can hear G One all over Luv Of My Life.

It's a damn shame G One didn't do more on this album. I truly beleive that's what this album is missing.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
Ghetto Rendevouz was weird and uncomfortable for me. Like I don't need to know all that info.

polepositon

« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
the FUCKIN BEST. PERIOD. man, i'm just grooving to this cd. it feels so good to have some new dj quitk music.

biggbarcc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
I gotta say after a few weeks, this is still in heavy rotation for me as well.... Luv of life, which i liked a lot from the get-go, basically manifested itself as a classic Quik track for me. just has thta typical funky, smooth groove sound to it.

ghetto rendevouz grew also big time on me. dug it from the beginning, but now it just has a clean ass track. i dont pay too much attention to the lyrics though.

overall, i only still skip poppin and babylon, but sometimes i end of listening to these tracks, and i start to appreciate them as well.

I think this album is as solid as it gets. with todays standard in the biz, this album is pretty damn dope. it just doesnt have one or two singles and the rest fillers. it has a lotta different sounds, and yet it sounds as if this album is cohesive in its sonic nature from track to track....

and it is totally cool if this album is hit or miss to peoples taste, cause I just dig the hell out it!

TerryMak

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »

I think this album is as solid as it gets. with todays standard in the biz, this album is pretty damn dope. it just doesnt have one or two singles and the rest fillers. it has a lotta different sounds, and yet it sounds as if this album is cohesive in its sonic nature from track to track....

and it is totally cool if this album is hit or miss to peoples taste, cause I just dig the hell out it!

I can dig it, I have to take the bus to work now until further notice.. So I feel where he's coming from when he sez he's back in the hood..(Taking the bus=Back in the hood) And the cohesiveness..got damn..Shit, the ablum goes together like jam and peanut butter...As for this post?? I wanna give a shout out...To MYSELF.. I Love U TerryMak!!! HUHHA  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:49:46 AM by TerryMak »

biggbarcc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »

[/quote]
.As for this post?? I wanna give a shout out...To MYSELF.. I Love U TerryMak!!! HUHHA  P.S Happy Mothers Day! Fuckin DR. DRE GROUPIES..
[/quote]

haha, good one.... classic lineon that album.... just like "u little monkey!"

polepositon

« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »
yup. i take back my alrights and no tracks per my previous comment within this thread. this cd is the business. i dnt skip not one song. party. lets party. lets party people party. we love u dj quik and we are so blessed to have repn the west first and foremost. u keep the west the best. respect!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:47:04 PM by poleposition »

V2DHeart

« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2011, 03:17:45 AM »
After listening to this album for a week. I hate to admit it, that it isn't that impressive... Sure there are some hot tracks on this...

Nobody, So Compton, and that Quiks groove are amazing, as well as Flow for sale

The leaks like Real Women, and Luv of My Life get some play as well... Those 6 mentioned are great, but the rest I wouldn't care whether or not they were replaced with other tracks.. I was expecting better

The reason the album is all over the place, is that it's Quik showing his versatility as a producer, to help gain him some work in the future, and to show his talents on different types of tracks... He pretty much catered for everyone on the album though...

After So Compton, Nobody & Quiks Groove, he needs to put out that unreleased tracks album from his 97-00 period
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>