Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26791 times)

rayman

• Lil Geezy
Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:38 PM »
This is the real Detox

Luv of My Life is one of the illest tracks ive heard in years

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
Im listening to the album right now!  8)
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »
Its an 80's record with a 2012 twist....yes I said 2012 ;)   

Safe n Sound part 2!!!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »
Damn!! Best album of 2011 so far, no doubt. Possibly the best album of the year. I seriously don't see anything toppin it.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Nobody

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Best track in YEARS

The beat is perfect
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
I been banging Poppin on repeat for the last hour :D
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Matty

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
'hydromatic' - love the track, but the slightly sped up snippet sounded better. it sounds too slow now and the gift verse at the start is horrible, sounds so out of place. and what happened to other adlibs...

snippet version http://www.mediafire.com/?cut8y054092x723

much more lively!

edit: the tempo was completely changed. i'll be making a version at the original speed, with adlibs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:19:44 PM by Matty »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
been waiting for this the past couple of days! about to check it out :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:
how many times did you change your pants since this leaked?
eat a dr. dre shit sandwich, with no bread :bandit:

lol, Dre-Day still that dude tho haha

LDV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
'hyrdomatic' - love the track, but the slightly sped up snippet sounded better. it sounds too slow now and the gift verse at the start is horrible, sounds so out of place. and what happened to other adlibs...

much more lively!

edit: the tempo was completely changed. i'll be making a version at the original speed, with adlibs.

Yeah the original version is way better. More uptempo and the Gift intro is indeed a bit weird on the retail version

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »
damn!!! all these comments wants me to d/l this album... but i'm gonna wait till tuesday.... i don't know... i've been so excited for this album since it was announced.... can't wait till tuesday.... gonna make my day!!!! thanks for the comments y'all..... ;D

Invincible

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Not a massive fan of Quik but I'm gonna give this a quick skim through. Not sure whether to take all your ratings seriously as this is a west coast forum at the end of the day.

EDIT: The opening track is great.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:14:46 PM by Invincible »

Matty

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »
'hyrdomatic' - love the track, but the slightly sped up snippet sounded better. it sounds too slow now and the gift verse at the start is horrible, sounds so out of place. and what happened to other adlibs...

much more lively!

Yeah the original version is way better. More uptempo and the Gift intro is indeed a bit weird on the retail version

slowed down by 3%...and the 'pop that thang' over the hook was dope. i dunno what compelled quik to slow it down and put gift yelling at the start instead. i'll be bumping the non album version if i can't be fucked to do a proper edit.

LDV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »

much more lively!

slowed down by 3%...and the 'pop that thang' over the hook was dope. i dunno what compelled quik to slow it down and put gift yelling at the start instead. i'll be bumping the non album version if i can't be fucked to do a proper edit.

He did the same thing with Come 2Nyte off Under Tha Influence. The retail version was slowed down too.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
Quiks Groove  :o :o :o :o :o

What a fantastic beat, no other producers could make a beat musically like that!
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Matty

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »

much more lively!

He did the same thing with Come 2Nyte off Under Tha Influence. The retail version was slowed down too.

yeah, that beat was changed a lot more than this one. the faster version is fairly fast sounding, whereas this track just loses all its bounce slowed down. got the OG version in good quality?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:32:04 PM by Matty »