Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26790 times)

awol22222

Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »

LDV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
'hyrdomatic' - love the track, but the slightly sped up snippet sounded better. it sounds too slow now and the gift verse at the start is horrible, sounds so out of place. and what happened to other adlibs...

snippet version http://www.mediafire.com/?cut8y054092x723

much more lively!

edit: the tempo was completely changed. i'll be making a version at the original speed, with adlibs.

Yeah the original version is way better. More uptempo and the Gift intro is indeed a bit weird on the retail version

slowed down by 3%...and the 'pop that thang' over the hook was dope. i dunno what compelled quik to slow it down and put gift yelling at the start instead. i'll be bumping the non album version if i can't be fucked to do a proper edit.

He did the same thing with Come 2Nyte off Under Tha Influence. The retail version was slowed down too.

yeah, that beat was changed a lot more than this one. the faster version is fairly fast sounding, whereas this track just loses all its bounce slowed down. got the OG version in good quality?

Yes. But not on my laptop. I need to check for the UTI advance. I will PM you.

Invincible

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
My conclusion is this is alot better than Trauma and overall it is a pretty good album. I just can't see myself listening to this alot as its just not my thing. Weakest track is Babylon. Just couldn't get into it at all. Time Stands Still is pretty weak too. Also why does Kurupt even bother anymore? He's an awful artist now, just hang up the mic.

Matty

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
deffo better than trauma.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
Its an 80's record with a 2012 twist....yes I said 2012 ;)   

Safe n Sound part 2!!!

Does have an 80's sound.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
So this is the Order of Quik Albums IMO!!!

1)Quik is the Name
2)Rythamilism
3)Safe N Sound
4)Balance n Options
5)Book Of David
6)Way to Fonky
7)UTI
8)Truama

Just how I feel

Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Matty

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
all i gotta say is give Ghetto Rendezvous a few spins, the beat is straight nasty and damn quik really hates his sister :P

banging track! the basslines on this cd are off the chain :bandit:

Invincible

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »
all i gotta say is give Ghetto Rendezvous a few spins, the beat is straight nasty and damn quik really hates his sister :P

The quality of his mixing shows on here too. The average vbr bit rate is about 240kbps which is extremely impressive. I wish Primo would follow suit.

Matty

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »

The quality of his mixing shows on here too. The average vbr bit rate is about 240kbps which is extremely impressive. I wish Primo would follow suit.

its cause the rip is V0 quality and scene normally uses V2, so almost flawless cdq. but we shouldn't be talking about that :P

the actual cd will be more banging 8)

and i love primo, but quik's mixing >>>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:44:36 PM by Matty »

Funkstradamus

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »
So Compon is some throwback Quik...i wish D was on here....

NoobCake

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
This thread is comedy gold.  These reactions are pretty embarrasing and a little sad.  A lot of sig worthy material here.
As to the album itself, it's obviously trash.  Just more of the same recycled beats and subject matter from Quik.  1997 called, it wants its music back.

Matty

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
This thread is comedy gold.  These reactions are pretty embarrasing and a little sad.  A lot of sig worthy material here.
As to the album itself, it's obviously trash.  Just more of the same recycled beats and subject matter from Quik.  1997 called, it wants its music back.

:laugh:

this post is comedy gold. anyone with ears can hear this album is clearly not trash! get the hell outta here with that bullshit :P

Invincible

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »

its cause the rip is V0 quality and scene normally uses V2, so almost flawless cdq. but we shouldn't be talking about that :P

There surely isn't alot of difference between 0 and 2 but when you see that Tha Blaqprint came in at an average of 139kbps at v2, you can see what I mean.

Invincible

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

I'm not Quiks biggest fan but I can safely say that musically, this album is far from trash. Lyrically, it seems a bit average but you can't complain when he produces and writes the whole album himself. Have you even listened to it before coming to this conclusion?

Matty

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

There surely isn't alot of difference between 0 and 2 but when you see that Tha Blaqprint came in at an average of 139kbps at v2, you can see what I mean.

avg 230 over about 190, but this will deffo clock in on the high end.

damn bitrates :P