Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26785 times)

MissM

• Lil Geezy
  • Songs that dont get on the album,always nice WHY!
Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »
Oke 4 real... Im very disappointed about this album. And dont say its got too hyped or you just had to much expectations because thats always an favorite excuse to make.
Ofcourse i have high expectations,thats why somebody is "fan".Because that artist is doing his own shit. So im became a fan of Quik himself because of rithem-all-isme,balance& options,Safe&sound. First i'de only liked the productions he made 4 other artist because as a rapper i dont like him allot.Too much the same&sometimes like reading a book outloud like poppin.When i heard about this album and what he said about it himself i thought ok..this would be the ultimate Quik as an artist!! Music-artist!.Lets see where you left of..
And now...Damn WTF. In my opinion he can do better,In my opinion he did better 4 other artists.Its sounds like the beats miss that final touch for some reason..when i hear the intro of any song i was like..yeah oke nice!..but then it goes on and on the whole song..why! Why not make it perfect by changing the music a little bit during the song,produce it a little bit more!!!!!  :o  Like fire and brimstone..to me it sounds too raw,like you have too different sounds on your laptop playing you know,Why not smooting it up so it flows better???! Second thing on the album: The only different thing 4 a song he used is getting an other voice over the songs and that makes the variation into the beat.Like do today and real woman,hydromatic 4 example.Why? And boogie..is better in remix.Why not go further with that beat?! Is he nowadays needing people to get the whole package? He's a great producer no doubt,but why he didnt nail it for his own album? Because there were too litlle other influences?Come on..!

If you hear Nobody- YES!YES!  Killer dope-Yes! Luv of my life-Yes! expectations were going high..Album out..just bummer..damn..
 Flow for sale ,So compton (beat) YEah

Conclusion: It could've be better. Album not getching 4 some reason..Its looking unfinished...Im not excited,i think its not an album you pick out your closeth everyday to listen.
And dont call me hater..:) Thats just too simple ;) Im just being objective

Ps: Ofcourse im not talking about quiks groove..  Ps2: Ghetto rendezvous is just stupid to do that

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Best thing about this album is it sounds like a "QUIK" album.
I hate the current Hip-Hop sound, That "Repeat one word 1000x hook, Gay robot, Drake/MInaj style voice ect..."

Good to hear the OG blueprint being used.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
Best thing about this album is it sounds like a "QUIK" album.
I hate the current Hip-Hop sound, That "Repeat one word 1000x hook, Gay robot, Drake/MInaj style voice ect..."

Good to hear the OG blueprint being used.

Real shit.

The more I llisten to the album the more I like it. There are only like 2 songs that could've been left off.

"Killer Dope" is just classic Quik!!! Been playin it the most.
"Do Today" & "Fire & Brimstone" classic Quik sound once again.
"Boogie Til You Conk Out" some fresh sounding, smooth ass new shit. Sounds wayyyyy better than that remix to me. The remix was kinda bland.
"So Compton", "Flow For Sale", "Nobody" and the new Quik's groove = too dope. 8)
Lovin the rest as well, except for "Hydromatic" and "Ghetto Rendezvous". They're cool songs but not as good as the rest of the album imo.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
The only problem I have with the album after only a few listens, is that not all the songs flow together well.

So Much Style

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
damn im feelin alot of this!! its crazy tho, my 2 favs are the kurupt and suga free song (2 of my fav rappers)...bangin ass beats mane!
So much style back at it again

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »
Dope cd

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
The only problem I have with the album after only a few listens, is that not all the songs flow together well.

True.... not the most cohesive album created by Quik.  But, it's music and I like it!

Stan

« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
the album grows on me. bumpin it whole day.. on my 5th spin
its great! :)  "hydromatic" is my shit.. and "Nobody"

((some horrible crap on it too, like "poppin" - amatuerish production

overall
6.5/10 (BBQ/mood-music album)

Hmm 6.5/10 is actually a disappointing mark in school if your looking for "great"...  Your saying a C ??
Giving it a second spin it's cool.  Ghetto Rendevous is such a waste... fuck one of my fav. beats on the album and he spends the whole track dissing his sister?  Common son ... didn't he ramble on for 3 minutes too in G-Shit?  Man he needs to go to counseling and get that shit out so he doesn't waste good beats on it.

Also is it me or is the Ice Cube feature just really awkward?  Mediocre beat but it doesn't fit Cube.  Other dope stuff I'll keep going.  I like the outro song (after the horrible 2 minutes).

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
i am the only one here who thinks Babylone is dope?

no wack track on The Book Of David!

Killer Dope is my shit!! the beat is so dope!!! luv it!

Damú

• 'G'
  • What A Breakfast!!!
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
i am the only one here who thinks Babylone is dope?

no wack track on The Book Of David!

Killer Dope is my shit!! the beat is so dope!!! luv it!

I'm with yoy Snoopaveli, Babylon is dope as hell, great track, maybe i'm a little biased because i'm a Bizzy's fan. On the other hand, i'm not feeling Hydromatic, sounds boring to me.

dnjp4life

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
Am I being stupid, because I can't see the link in this thread?!  I feel left out, and I need to hear this record, right now  8)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2011, 12:33:54 PM »
Am I being stupid, because I can't see the link in this thread?!  I feel left out, and I need to hear this record, right now  8)

its a discussion-thread tho
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:37:12 PM by Michael Madsen »

Matty

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »
Am I being stupid, because I can't see the link in this thread?!  I feel left out, and I need to hear this record, right now  8)

its a discussion-thread

no asking for links. use your imagination, or google.

Undisputed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
This shit bangs, fuck the haters.Go wait for detox and jack off to that dr dre workout video(i need a doctor)

biggbarcc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
I am digging this album.... this is not classic or groundbreaking, but just a cool ass record. period.

I am def loving it. Like someone said before, it sounds like a QUIK album. And thats what matters to me....

Def liking the album version of Boogie til u conk out better than that remix....gotta admit that ghetto rendevouz... a tight ass beat was wasted on a rather depressing/ annoying subject matter.... keep the family stuff private IMO.

poppin and babylon are the only tracks I am not into as of right now.... maybe thats gonna change.

other than that, I hope Quik wont need another 6 years to put out another record.

this album will be most likely my album of the year....

oh yeah... and Quik's Groove is the shit on this.

Quik should just drop a Quik's Groove album. How about that?