Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26772 times)

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
hey i gotta question

Im pretty sure I heard Quik drop Pharrell's name in the last track, "The End".  What's this all about?

The line:

"Pharrell ask me why I gangbang/That aint your fuckin business, stay out my lane man"

I peeped that too :D
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »
i am the only one here who thinks Babylone is dope?

no wack track on The Book Of David!

Killer Dope is my shit!! the beat is so dope!!! luv it!

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »
1) fire and brimstone- Bangin intro to start off the album 4/5
2) Do Today- Smooth and funky...the quik we all love 5/5
3) Ghetto Rendevous- Quik spittin that gangsta shit 4/5
4) Love of my life- Everyones heard it...solid track 3.5/5
5) Babylon- Why's this track getting hated on, its fucking sick 4.5/5
6) Killer dope- Everything bout this song is  :o :o :o :o 5/5
7) Real Women- soo smooth and such a great hook by jon b 5/5
8) poppin- BANGER 4.5/5
9) Hydromatic- One of my favs, jon b kills it again 5/5
10) Across the map- Bun B drops the best verse on the album 4.5/5
11) Nobody- Suga and quik always make magic- 4.5/5
12) Boogie till you conk out- Love cubes verse on this, very funky 4/5
13) Flow for sale- Kurupt and quik both kill it 5/5
14) So compton- Simply amazin 5/5
15) Time stands still- My favorite, similar to "one on one" 10/5
16) The end- Great song to end the album and excellent quik groove 5/5

4-4.5/5

Really good album, in my top 5 fav quik albums

papa-smurf

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »
best album of the year& my favorite quik album.im buying 2 copies 4 damn sure

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
This album fucking sucks .This seriously sounds worse than the Fixxers stuff , but similar in style to it . This shit is SOFT AS FUCK . Quik really needs to retire or go back to his roots . His flow on the mic is even getting worse . Even the Cube track is gay . This will be the last time I even bother  with him .All these songs are either aimed at the ladies , or have weak ass R and B choruses ...Not even 2 tracks on here that resemble the classic Quik .

You're a fucking idiot. Judging by your karma, you are a straight hater. What music do you like? It's obviously not rap. This album is solid as fuck. Go sit on a cock you faggot bitch. Go rub one out & choke yourself to your hair metal music......

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

NoobCake

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
This album fucking sucks .This seriously sounds worse than the Fixxers stuff , but similar in style to it . This shit is SOFT AS FUCK . Quik really needs to retire or go back to his roots . His flow on the mic is even getting worse . Even the Cube track is gay . This will be the last time I even bother  with him .All these songs are either aimed at the ladies , or have weak ass R and B choruses ...Not even 2 tracks on here that resemble the classic Quik .

You're a fucking idiot. Judging by your karma, you are a straight hater. What music do you like? It's obviously not rap. This album is solid as fuck. Go sit on a cock you faggot bitch. Go rub one out & choke yourself to your hair metal music......

Stanning ain't easy, but somebody's got to do it.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
Anyone catch the censored line in the third verse of "Killer Dope"?  At 3:25, it goes:

"I ain't no house nigga like ________, if this if UAC music what makes it so aweful?"

Anyone know who he was talking about in that line?

dameons

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
Someone mentioned Cube's album earlier in a response to my post ..But anyhoo , listen to the lyrics of his first 2 records dumbfuck . They had plenty of gangster in them ." You want the rubber from a gangster boot to your grill ? Come take a ride with me and listen to the thrill of an ass whoopin, issued by the brothers in the khaki pants"from the song "Deep" ...On " Way too Fonky " listen to the title track and tell me those arent gangster lyrics ..Also , " Jus Lyke Compton " is all about him comparing other sets to his own .  "Safe and Sound" was extremely gangster . Fuck the top 40 rap you were talking about ..I hate that shit .W.C keeps it gangster and will outsell this shitty product by Quik , GUARANTEED. You all must be on crack ..This shit isn't even close to the potential Quik has shown . He performed in Chico ,Ca last week and the 700 person capacity wasn't even half filled. Everybody left cause the music sucked and he wasn't the same guy they thought they had paid to see . My boy who opened for him got a better response .Let's get some scratching , sampling , and some lyrics that are half way decent .

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
that goes for anybody hating on this album? what have you heard thats better than this from 2011 so far or even 2010 for that matter?

Notes of the Righteous Outlaw
Heroes in the Healing of the Nation
Arms and Hammers
In Search of Stoney Jackson
Coathanga Strangla
Dinner and a Movie
Crown of Thorns
Dragon Slayer

if you really wanted to know   :D

h2k4

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »
I haven't heard this album yet but I agree with dude who said Quik changed his style.  I became a fan of his after listening to "Quik is The Name".  Loved "Way 2 Fonky" and "Safe & Sound".  After that though, it all went down hill for me.  A few songs here and there were dope but overall I was disappointed in his direction.  I'll give this one a shot and see how this record is though.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »

you are full of shit
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »

go listen to drake and STFU
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

dameons

« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
Listen to "Can't Fuck Wit A Nigga" from the Menace to Society soundtrack and tell me that's a party track . He was best at being straight gangster ; the music was phenomenal ..That track is what he is best at..Scratching , sampling , and going hard on the lyrics . This new shit is SOFT AS FUCK, even worse than the Fixxer's bullshit .

NoobCake

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »

go listen to drake and STFU

Are drake's albums as rushed and underproduced as Quik's are?

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »
"Ghetto Rendezvous" is the shit!

PEACE!