Author Topic: Dr. Dre to now sell Beats headphones with official "Detox" logo for $500.  (Read 2070 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Honestly, all Dre and Jimmy are trying to do is be creative and figure out a way to make up for the amount of money that is lost as a result of digital theft.  I think it is was a brilliant business plan, and I give them both props, and I can't wait for the album to drop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Stan

Honestly, all Dre and Jimmy are trying to do is be creative and figure out a way to make up for the amount of money that is lost as a result of digital theft.  I think it is was a brilliant business plan, and I give them both props, and I can't wait for the album to drop.
I agree but it's a double-edged sword.  The last person I would think that would turn into a product is Doc Dre.  Got me shakin my head (ya I wrote it).   :grumpy:

I have a lot of respect for the D-R-E but if they can't release the album that could of come out in Jan., because of headphones, I don't know...  I'm starting to lose it and if it's all about the product placement then your hanging your integrity on the line. 

Yea we get it, we see the commercials :eh:, but why not stick to what you're known for doing best ...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I agree but it's a double-edged sword.  The last person I would think that would turn into a product is Doc Dre.  Got me shakin my head (ya I wrote it).   :grumpy:

I have a lot of respect for the D-R-E but if they can't release the album that could of come out in Jan., because of headphones, I don't know...  I'm starting to lose it and if it's all about the product placement then your hanging your integrity on the line.  

Yea we get it, we see the commercials :eh:, but why not stick to what you're known for doing best ...

see you guys just want the music and don't care.  But Dre is a trendsetter.  He's not about just releasing an album every year and dozens of mixtapes and watering down his music to the point where people ain't checking for it anymore.   The old Aftermath logo used to say, "We don't set trip, we set trends".   When Dre releases something he wants it to be trendsetting.  

On top of that, Dre has already done everything he's needed to do in the industry and financially.   So this gives Dre even greater incentive to protect his legacy.  And Jimmy is smart enough to profit off his legacy in a way that isn't damaging to the legacy.  Those Dr. Pepper commercials didn't really damage his legacy cause they protected his image; and the Beats By Dre headphones are actually adding to his legacy because they are a quality product.

So it's all win win for Dre.  And he deserves it, and he shouldn't listen to what his so-called fans at dubcc are saying, after all he's done they just want to talk shit on him every other thread, and download the album illegally anyway.   When you have "fans" like that, you at least deserve to make some money back through these Detox labeled headphones.

...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More money for Dre
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More publicity and anticipation for Dre's album
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  higher price creates a scarcity of people owning your product, and therefore elevates the buyer and becomes a status symbol so your product now becomes associated with luxury

Win, WIn, Win for Dre
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:12:46 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LDV

• Lil Geezy
For the people that say they break easily... You bought a counterfeit product. A fake one!
Go check the official Monster site for details.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
For the people that say they break easily... You bought a counterfeit product. A fake one!

I'm on my 5th pair, all broke in the same place, and all bought from an Apple store.

Stan

see you guys just want the music and don't care.  But Dre is a trendsetter.  He's not about just releasing an album every year and dozens of mixtapes and watering down his music to the point where people ain't checking for it anymore.   The old Aftermath logo used to say, "We don't set trip, we set trends".   When Dre releases something he wants it to be trendsetting.  

On top of that, Dre has already done everything he's needed to do in the industry and financially.   So this gives Dre even greater incentive to protect his legacy.  And Jimmy is smart enough to profit off his legacy in a way that isn't damaging to the legacy.  Those Dr. Pepper commercials didn't really damage his legacy cause they protected his image; and the Beats By Dre headphones are actually adding to his legacy because they are a quality product.

So it's all win win for Dre.  And he deserves it, and he shouldn't listen to what his so-called fans at dubcc are saying, after all he's done they just want to talk shit on him every other thread, and download the album illegally anyway.   When you have "fans" like that, you at least deserve to make some money back through these Detox labeled headphones.

...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More money for Dre
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More publicity and anticipation for Dre's album
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  higher price creates a scarcity of people owning your product, and therefore elevates the buyer and becomes a status symbol so your product now becomes associated with luxury
Win, WIn, Win for Dre
Sorry man but it doesn't work that easily.  If you don't keep your name fresh and popular, your not gonna sell anything based on this.  If dudes, like buddy above ^, have a ridiculous amount of disposable income they're gonna spend it on who's hot, not who's not.  This guy is an anamolie ^.  Beiber headphones, Eminem, Rihanna, yes.  Go ask kids who mainly buy this stuff who Doc Dre is.
If Detox never drops the fans will forget about it eventually then what ...  :eh:
I'm a fan of his music not his products ... I could care less.
"see you guys just want the music and don't care"  :rubeyes:
Of course man!  Setting trends with music is okay by me.

woof

I'm on my 5th pair, all broke in the same place, and all bought from an Apple store.

I broke mine yesterday and its a genuine headphone  >:(

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
fuck dre and fuck these headphones, come on $500 for a bit of printed text on the top that you cant even see when wearing them. you have got to be either a groupie or a chump to buy these.

LDV

• Lil Geezy

damn really? I never had any problems with them... I have 2 headphones (solo & studio)

Funkstradamus

fuck these headphones...$500 cause they got a logo to an album we will never hear?  Ill stick with my Bose headphones...shits sound way better anyways...

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
lol, i got beat pros, but i got em for 50 bucks

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

David Gutterman

Beats Chrome

LDV

• Lil Geezy

those must be fake as a $3 bill then lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

those must be fake as a $3 bill then lol

nah, i got the studios for a bday present and i sold them to my dads homie who refused to buy it unless i accepted 350 for em, so i went to best buys and i basically only spent 50 bucks (it was 400 for the pros) in all to get my beat pros

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

To all you muthafuccas that mocked me when I said Dre was using Detox to sell headphones, y'all can bow down and kiss my pinky ring  :-*  ;)

I don't think anyone disagrees with that and that's not what you said. No shit he's using the hype from Detox to promote other things. You said the album didn't exist, which it does.

::)

that's not what you said.

I've said plenty of times that Detox is just a fabrication used by the label to promote other albums, and then when albums stopped selling, they used the Detox brand-name to promote other things that started selling for them, such as headphones and speakers.

You said the album didn't exist, which it does.

Link to the tracclist then. ::)

Are you slow? There's no tracklist because the album is still in development.

The fact Detox is being used to promote other products is plainly obvious. These products have been ANNOUNCED as having to do with the release of Detox. This isn't a relevation of yours.