Author Topic: Dr. Dre to now sell Beats headphones with official "Detox" logo for $500.  (Read 2074 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Honestly, all Dre and Jimmy are trying to do is be creative and figure out a way to make up for the amount of money that is lost as a result of digital theft.  I think it is was a brilliant business plan, and I give them both props, and I can't wait for the album to drop.
I agree but it's a double-edged sword.  The last person I would think that would turn into a product is Doc Dre.  Got me shakin my head (ya I wrote it).   :grumpy:

I have a lot of respect for the D-R-E but if they can't release the album that could of come out in Jan., because of headphones, I don't know...  I'm starting to lose it and if it's all about the product placement then your hanging your integrity on the line.  

Yea we get it, we see the commercials :eh:, but why not stick to what you're known for doing best ...

see you guys just want the music and don't care.  But Dre is a trendsetter.  He's not about just releasing an album every year and dozens of mixtapes and watering down his music to the point where people ain't checking for it anymore.   The old Aftermath logo used to say, "We don't set trip, we set trends".   When Dre releases something he wants it to be trendsetting.  

On top of that, Dre has already done everything he's needed to do in the industry and financially.   So this gives Dre even greater incentive to protect his legacy.  And Jimmy is smart enough to profit off his legacy in a way that isn't damaging to the legacy.  Those Dr. Pepper commercials didn't really damage his legacy cause they protected his image; and the Beats By Dre headphones are actually adding to his legacy because they are a quality product.

So it's all win win for Dre.  And he deserves it, and he shouldn't listen to what his so-called fans at dubcc are saying, after all he's done they just want to talk shit on him every other thread, and download the album illegally anyway.   When you have "fans" like that, you at least deserve to make some money back through these Detox labeled headphones.

...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More money for Dre
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  More publicity and anticipation for Dre's album
...sell Detox label headphones at higher price=  higher price creates a scarcity of people owning your product, and therefore elevates the buyer and becomes a status symbol so your product now becomes associated with luxury

Win, WIn, Win for Dre

At the end of the day all the products he endorses isn't going to have an impact on the music. The music speaks for itself, and if it isn't there then what the fuck is he doing?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Going to have to pick these up. I have a friend that works for Monster so I will get them half off though.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Going to have to pick these up. I have a friend that works for Monster so I will get them half off though.

and still a ripoff  :D

Sikotic™

only an IPHONE-owning pretentious douche would want to buy that
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

and still a ripoff  :D

It ain't trickin if ya got it