Author Topic: 80s buzzer beater I can't remember  (Read 384 times)

Sccit

Re: 80s buzzer beater I can't remember
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
yea, this is probably the only volley game winner in playoff history...possibly the biggest heartbreaker ever for the lakers. i was actually thinkin of this play when u said it was a volley, but the teams and three point aspect threw me off. lucky ass shot, though.. could very well single handedly be the reason lakers won 5 rings instead 6 back n the 60's

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
yea, this is probably the only volley game winner in playoff history...possibly the biggest heartbreaker ever for the lakers. i was actually thinkin of this play when u said it was a volley, but the teams and three point aspect threw me off. lucky ass shot, though.. could very well single handedly be the reason lakers won 5 rings instead 6 back n the 60's

I had only thought of the shot because I was talking about how stupid things that no one can control can be the difference between dynasties and forgotten years. It was the Horry shot against Sacramento that made the difference between back to back great team and 3-peat dynasty. Divac just had to hold on to the ball or at at least look before he tossed it and no big shot bob to save the day.

For the record I remember that moment vividly and I was cheering the whole time.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »

I had only thought of the shot because I was talking about how stupid things that no one can control can be the difference between dynasties and forgotten years. It was the Horry shot against Sacramento that made the difference between back to back great team and 3-peat dynasty. Divac just had to hold on to the ball or at at least look before he tossed it and no big shot bob to save the day.

For the record I remember that moment vividly and I was cheering the whole time.

And if there was replay, Samaki Walkers three at the end of the half wouldn't have counted.  Sports is full of the what ifs and shoulda beens.