Author Topic: Ban Rap Music?? Nah Ban some artists  (Read 370 times)

Mickaveli_#1

Ban Rap Music?? Nah Ban some artists
« on: January 09, 2003, 06:50:21 AM »
Here we go again huh!!! These politicians blaming rap for a society filled with guns, drugs, underage sex, poverty and homeless. All issues that many rap stars talk about in their records. So they wanna ban rap?? Why?? I listen to rap but I don't go out and live my life to what I listen to. Shit I've listened to "spice up your life" by the spice girls - dont mean Im gonna start spicin it up, Frank Sinatra - "Fly with me" dont make me jump from a twenty story building trying to fly!!!! Point is, you can ban rap but I GURENTEE you it wont drop the statistic number of gun violence in the UK or US. What it will do though is increase the number of gun incenedents. You see for these people in the street that struggle to live their lifes, they are able to find a way through the hard times by listening to a hip hop record from a real nigga knowing another shares the same pain he does.

Blunkett - You ever actually listened to a REAL rap record by a REAL artist - Nas, OFTB, Rakim, 2Pac ???
You choose to listen to one of the most fakest bitches out there, a fake nigga whos gonna want to try and talk about the hard shit and talk about topics he knows nothing about to show the streets he knows whats up. Jay Z, JAY Z?? come on, these politicians are really thick.

Listen to the track "Got Urself a Gun", 2Pac even has a track "Never call u bitch again" dedicated to a girl he cares a lot about. Dear Mama shows respect to a mother and the struggle she has to raise kids on welfare and in a broken home. These sound like real devils.

Heres a question, why not ask Charles Manson what kind of music he likes, Ian Brady, Bin Laden ask all the serial killers. I know there are some that glorify guns to further there carreer but what I'm saying is ban these fakes, don't ban hip hop and prevent real niggas from getting up and wanting to do something positiverather than gangbanging, selling dope for small profits doing what the ydo to survive on the streets. But no, they dont want the real niggas telling true storys of whats really happeinin, why you think youve got the media all up in nellys dick?? cause they know he sings about bullshit. Listen to dilema. If hes real he'll be rappin real - he aint.

I know the likes of Tupac would have prevented some youngsters from killing. Listening to him can change the way you approach decisions in your life ambitions and hopes. People like Snoop Dogg raps in the track "21Jumpstreet" -- "And bet nobody bring a muthafuckin gun".

Anyone know what I'm trying to say here?? To ban these commercial idiots like Jay Z & Nellys and all them and bring in some real stars. Ones that speak about truth.

Don Seer

Re:Ban Rap Music?? Nah Ban some artists
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 06:54:34 AM »
Lyrics from The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun

When I hold you in my arms
And I feel my finger on your trigger
I know nobody can do me no harm
Because happiness is a warm gun mama
Happiness is a warm gun yes it is
Happiness is a warm yes it is gun
But don't you know that happiness is a warm gun mama

guess they ougghta ban them too..............

min0rity

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 02:54:44 PM »
same old bullshit

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 11:14:11 PM »
Yeah... I doubt they're gonna like OFTB more than Jay Z or Nelly though...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 01:05:05 AM »
I have a couple thoughts on this.

1. Garbage in, Garbage out.  I do feel that negative songs affect us negatively.... If I listen to songs about murdering people, I'm going to become more numb to the idea of murdering people, and it WILL become an easier thing for me to do.

2. With that said :)  Good and Bad exist in the world.  We need to either stay away from bad, or DEAL with bad.  If I hear tons of songs telling me that murdering is cool (which I do), it is ultimately up to me to make the decision to NOT murder somebody, (duh).  I can't blame my own actions on any outside force; so while they may have a point that some hiphop is negative, and generally negatively affects the public, censorship is an excuse, and it is the responsibility for each of us to choose what is right for us.  That's why I'm against violent music, some violence in films, taking kids to R rated movies, etc. But I still don't want those types of things outlawed... I can coexist with them, it's none of my business what other people want to do with their time, it's my choice and my freedom to choose the difference.  Also, without the choice, there would be no freedom.  I'm free because I choose not to drink, for instance... if I couldn't drink, I would have no agency, and If I choose to drink, in my mind, I would no longer be free to choose not to drink, making me even more free when I restrain myself from things.  Everything's like that.  

3. I also feel that they unfairly target black artists in this, or maybe I should say the hiphop culture; maybe race isn't involved.  Johnny Cash had tons of songs about murder, etc. in the 50's, and the songs were heralded.  The beatles (like o mentioned) played around with funny subjects like comparing the trigger of a gun to the clit of a woma... whoops, did I let that out? LOL "WHEN I HOLD, YOU, IN MAH ARMS, AN FEEL MAH FINGA, ON YO TRIGGA"  LOL

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 04:14:17 AM »
I have a couple thoughts on this.

1. Garbage in, Garbage out.  I do feel that negative songs affect us negatively.... If I listen to songs about murdering people, I'm going to become more numb to the idea of murdering people, and it WILL become an easier thing for me to do.

2. With that said :)  Good and Bad exist in the world.  We need to either stay away from bad, or DEAL with bad.  If I hear tons of songs telling me that murdering is cool (which I do), it is ultimately up to me to make the decision to NOT murder somebody, (duh).  I can't blame my own actions on any outside force; so while they may have a point that some hiphop is negative, and generally negatively affects the public, censorship is an excuse, and it is the responsibility for each of us to choose what is right for us.  That's why I'm against violent music, some violence in films, taking kids to R rated movies, etc. But I still don't want those types of things outlawed... I can coexist with them, it's none of my business what other people want to do with their time, it's my choice and my freedom to choose the difference.  Also, without the choice, there would be no freedom.  I'm free because I choose not to drink, for instance... if I couldn't drink, I would have no agency, and If I choose to drink, in my mind, I would no longer be free to choose not to drink, making me even more free when I restrain myself from things.  Everything's like that.  

3. I also feel that they unfairly target black artists in this, or maybe I should say the hiphop culture; maybe race isn't involved.  Johnny Cash had tons of songs about murder, etc. in the 50's, and the songs were heralded.  The beatles (like o mentioned) played around with funny subjects like comparing the trigger of a gun to the clit of a woma... whoops, did I let that out? LOL "WHEN I HOLD, YOU, IN MAH ARMS, AN FEEL MAH FINGA, ON YO TRIGGA"  LOL

^^u can probably understand why the idea of banning rap because it might cause violence, couldnt be taken very negatively by certain people then.

im firm in believing that violence in the neighborhood, influences rap music....rap music, does not influence violence in the neighborhood. There was violence in the inner-cities FAR before rap music existed. BUT, rap shined light on it...and brought the truth to suburb (white) America. Now that the suburb (white) youth want to emulate what they hear, it is all of a sudden a problem. "Rap music causes violence!". Violence was already going on in the inner-city where itz mostly minorities. But, the "violence" wasnt a major concern then. Now that a music is formed frum that, and because of the white kids from the suburbs wanting to copy it...it is NOW, a problem. No one was concerned about rap music, when only minority children were listening to it in the hood. But because our "precious" rich kids now buy the "black music", and dress in baggy clothes, and want to be a gangster...its become an issue. Why not quit blaming music for the parents problems with raising kids. I grew up on rap music, and im fine. The music has NOTHING to do with who u are, or what u do...unless your parents didnt do their job.

One more thing, for all the idiots who think it is possible to ban rap music...they should understand, talking about Banning it...is only gonna make it more popular.

If they ban rap, they needa also ban that heavymetal bullshit that them fukin serial killers, mass murderers, and fukin child molesters be listenin too...

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2003, 04:22:06 AM »
topics he knows nothing about to show the streets he knows whats up. Jay Z, JAY Z?? come on, these politicians are really thick.

lol, u're basicly doing exactly what they are doing, u're one of those thick heads that would dismiss an artist cause of what he talks about and the topics he chooses....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2003, 04:42:56 AM »
It would be impossible to ban rap music, if it was banned from the main stream it would go back to where it started, underground.

Never surrender

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 05:02:21 AM »
It would be impossible to ban rap music

period!

it has become WAY too big to ban it. Hip Hop is a huge market, and as long as people spend money to purchase Hip Hop itemz (including rap CDz), its good for the economy. It will never be banned, only badmouthed by a few ignorant people

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 02:44:39 PM »

^^u can probably understand why the idea of banning rap because it might cause violence, couldnt be taken very negatively by certain people then.

im firm in believing that violence in the neighborhood, influences rap music....rap music, does not influence violence in the neighborhood. There was violence in the inner-cities FAR before rap music existed. BUT, rap shined light on it...and brought the truth to suburb (white) America. Now that the suburb (white) youth want to emulate what they hear, it is all of a sudden a problem. "Rap music causes violence!". Violence was already going on in the inner-city where itz mostly minorities. But, the "violence" wasnt a major concern then. Now that a music is formed frum that, and because of the white kids from the suburbs wanting to copy it...it is NOW, a problem. No one was concerned about rap music, when only minority children were listening to it in the hood. But because our "precious" rich kids now buy the "black music", and dress in baggy clothes, and want to be a gangster...its become an issue. Why not quit blaming music for the parents problems with raising kids. I grew up on rap music, and im fine. The music has NOTHING to do with who u are, or what u do...unless your parents didnt do their job.

One more thing, for all the idiots who think it is possible to ban rap music...they should understand, talking about Banning it...is only gonna make it more popular.

If they ban rap, they needa also ban that heavymetal bullshit that them fukin serial killers, mass murderers, and fukin child molesters be listenin too...

Words straight from my mouth. Rap is a reflection of the community. That's why broke ass kids ain't really affected by it, because they live it, and they relate to rappers who speak it. Rich kids hear it, want to become it, and that's the problem. Fuck it, it's their parents issue, their parents should watch what they listen to, or explain that they aren't in the "ghetto" and that they worked hard to keep them away from that. Rap is a reflection, it's a cry for help, and these muthaphukkaz want to banned it. Oh well, what else is new.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 04:10:02 PM »
Words straight from my mouth. Rap is a reflection of the community. That's why broke ass kids ain't really affected by it, because they live it, and they relate to rappers who speak it. Rich kids hear it, want to become it, and that's the problem. Fuck it, it's their parents issue, their parents should watch what they listen to, or explain that they aren't in the "ghetto" and that they worked hard to keep them away from that. Rap is a reflection, it's a cry for help, and these muthaphukkaz want to banned it. Oh well, what else is new.

^^yup

getting rid of violent rap music, is like getting rid of violence in the media. U know tha best way to make rap music less violent? Make the streets less violent. In order for people to feel the words that come frum these rappers, there needs to be sum truth to what theyre saying. If all tha death, and murder, and violence, and oppression, and gang life that these muhafukaz are talking about...was fake, it would be written off. Politicians simply wanna use rap as a cop out, to havin to do the job theyre supposed to. They can say, "we'll ban rap music..see, we're trying to make the streets safer"...and not do anything else. Are the streets any safer now? Hell naw. Anybody who eva seen, or been around, or grew up in thiz shit..know wussup. This aint a solution to violence, its a solution to hearing about it.

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2003, 06:23:02 PM »
the beatles always promoted drugs..but theyre considered one of the greatest bands ever...rightfully so...but whats the difference if they promote drugs than say snoop?...only color...yall know it comes down to color...johnny cash had some harsh lyrics...graphic shit...but he never got bashed for it as much as a rapper does...politicians dont want to see minorities doin good...fuck em...whats the difference from a Brotha Lynch record to say Scarface or Goodfellas?...theyre equally as bloody and graphic...if ur gonna ban rap then u might as well ban anything that has to do with violence...or drugs...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2003, 12:11:11 AM »
if ur gonna ban rap then u might as well ban anything that has to do with violence...or drugs...

^^yup

and u cant expect people not to depict violence, drugz, etc...when its a part of life. It would be like, banning programs that show starving children in Africa, or South America, or whereva...because it might bother some people.

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2003, 02:10:41 AM »
people just like the find shit to crusade against...fuckas probably dont even have a problem with it...just wanna create a contreversial issue to get popularity...smart move...but how do they know rap contributes to crime?...does rock contribute to suicides or mass murderings?...cmon...theres no studies that can prove rap music is the reason for the crime n violence...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2003, 02:41:11 AM »
theres no studies that can prove rap music is the reason for the crime n violence...

especially cus there was violence and crime WAY before rap music.