Author Topic: DJ Quik: Live From Sunset (Exclusive Dubcnn Video Interview)  (Read 877 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Quik: Live From Sunset (Exclusive Dubcnn Video Interview)
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »
www.dubcnn.com
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/djquik11/

Six years after his last solo album, DJ Quik is back to claim his throne with the release of his new album "The Book of David" today. And everytime he does that, you know the program around here. Dubcnn steps in as we chopped it up with the Compton legend after his surprise appearance at the Mack & Malone release party earlier this month.

When you're watching DJ Quik speak his mind on a random Saturday night, you never now what you're gonna get, but it's always gonna be Quik. With that being said, he shares a few thoughts about "The Book of David" and he explains the six year gap – like only he knows how.

Check out this exclusive Book of David video feature, live from Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, CA.

DJ Quik: Live From Sunset (Exclusive Dubcnn Interview) (Video)
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/djquik11/

Quik will also be having a very special "Quik's Groove" to celebrate the release at The Key Club tonight. He will be performing new songs off "The Book of David" with his live band and he will be bringing out very special guests to join him on stage.

"The Book of David" officially drops today, 4/20. Cop it from your record store or on iTunes. Shouts to Ryan Ford!

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

doggfather

Re: DJ Quik: Live From Sunset (Exclusive Dubcnn Video Interview)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
thx for the interview.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
Thanks for the interview but damn, not a lot of good questions asked. He did ask about the unreleased songs at the end, and when Quik told him the story about "Felonz" he should've asked again. Most of the people here really wanted that one answered and it's like a missed opportunity.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »
cool...catch when he sober

lol

Mista Rosa

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:16:50 AM »
Yeah you need to catch Quik when he's sober! I mean I'm done watching a 10min Quik interview and i'm like "heu.. what did he say"  ???

I wonder what crazy stuff he would have said if you asked about Suga Free or Mausberg..
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Matty

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:41 AM »
oh. well it was nice to hear about quik's daughter.

thanks for the interview.

another new one http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/04/1-on-1-with-dj-quik/

Salo

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »
THIS IS BOGUS , DUDE !!!!! ....................You guys gotta conduct another one with him, we didn't even get our questions asked & u guys pretty much asked the same question 2wice. You guyz gotta admit, that wasn't a legit interview, that was like a "Dubcnn Drop" ! Get @ Him & C If He Can Do Another One Kuz We Really Appreciate His Work. I mean I appreciate tha effort, Lil Jay, U always been good peoplez but U KNOW THAT WASN'T A LEGIT INTERVIEW TO SHOWCASE HIS NEW ALBUM & HIS FANS INQUIRIES !!

WEST !!!!

Funkstradamus

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »
Yeah you need to catch Quik when he's sober! I mean I'm done watching a 10min Quik interview and i'm like "heu.. what did he say"  ???

I wonder what crazy stuff he would have said if you asked about Suga Free or Mausberg..
Man...Quik was wasted and the interview didnt even make sense....Quik was rambling about diamonds and Quentin Tarrintino...i appreciate the work no doubt...but Quik was faded....

LDV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Interview?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
THIS IS BOGUS , DUDE !!!!! ....................You guys gotta conduct another one with him, we didn't even get our questions asked & u guys pretty much asked the same question 2wice. You guyz gotta admit, that wasn't a legit interview, that was like a "Dubcnn Drop" ! Get @ Him & C If He Can Do Another One Kuz We Really Appreciate His Work. I mean I appreciate tha effort, Lil Jay, U always been good peoplez but U KNOW THAT WASN'T A LEGIT INTERVIEW TO SHOWCASE HIS NEW ALBUM & HIS FANS INQUIRIES !!

WEST !!!!

u cant ask a drunk shit because they r incoherent...

they hear what they wanna hear...n once they answer what they think they heard....and the interviewer had a accent...im sure quik mind was elsewhere

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
thanks but is this even an interview?

B.A.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
It was cool to get a video choppin' it up with Quik's faded ass but this can't take the place of a real interview. I remember reading the thread where we were all posting questions to ask Quik and there were some really good questions; I was really looking forward to the interview. If only 10% of the questions that were posted would have been asked and answered properly it would have made for a really good interview but this don't even count as an interview. Even if it's not a video interview (a phone interview would be just fine) I hope we can get the real deal soon...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:59:03 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »
Shit don't blame Jay or dubcnn for this, this is how it was set up for us and the artist showed up like this, so just take it as entertainment, enjoy his drunk ass and keep it moving lol. Shit I know I laughed while watching it.

dnjp4life

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 12:01:25 PM »
The only thing I got from the video is that DJ Quik appears to need some sort of therapy.

Do not interview him drunk again dubcnn  ;D

Salo

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
Whoever Is To Blame Is NOT THE ISSUE, But That Ain't Right Homie, People Did What They Could To Submit Questions & Had Justifiable Expectations But Didn't Get The Proper End Of The Deal, Quik Was Funny But He Coulda Done That On A GP Session Wit U Katz, BUT With You Guys Givin Us The Heads Up For An Interview , It Was Unprofessional, Ur Guys Asked The Same Question 2wice. I Ain't Dissin U Kats But It Had No Order @ All, The Interviewer Sounded Unprepared Kuz He Was Hesitatin At First, That's Y Quik Asked If He Was Reading Tha Questions On Paper. If U Want Us To Laugh Homie, THAT'S ALL GRAVY, But Then It Shouldn't Have Been An Interview, It Should've Just Been On Sum GP.

That's All I'm Sayin, U Guyz Have Always Had Great Interviews, Properly Outlined & In Order, I LUV COMING TO DUBCNN FOR THE LATEST NEWS & INTERVIEWS, I just don't know what went down here. I believe QUIK would honor another interview considerin him bein faded for this 1st attempt u guys made.

WEST !!!