Author Topic: How come nobody ever fuckin mentions Miles Davis last album ("Doo Bop")  (Read 781 times)

Scrappy Doo

Re: How come nobody ever fuckin mentions Miles Davis last album ("Doo Bop")
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
Bruno Mars album is called Doo Wop, with a W. Thats a whole nother thing. Has nothing to do with Miles Davis

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
Bruno Mars album is called Doo Wop, with a W. Thats a whole nother thing. Has nothing to do with Miles Davis

where do u think the term "Doo Wop" originated from... smmfh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
I feel the whole tribute to Miles.

But shut the fuck up about "Bruno Mars not showing any love". Let the kid do his own thing. Do you really have to show homage anytime you do anything these days? C'mon, son.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
So now u wanna turn this topic into an arguement about Bruno Mars, get tha fuck outta here bitch-boy... u dont know shit about this LP/EP or Miles Davis... go back to your Chamillionaire thread like on some real shit.  You're disrespecting me, Miles, and Easy Moe Bee with that bullshit, just stay in your lane

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
So now u wanna turn this topic into an arguement about Bruno Mars, get tha fuck outta here bitch-boy... u dont know shit about this LP/EP or Miles Davis... go back to your Chamillionaire thread like on some real shit.  You're disrespecting me, Miles, and Easy Moe Bee with that bullshit, just stay in your lane

Oh, if you feel disrespected then yes, I am turning this into an argument about Bruno Mars lol.

I mean, look at your name. "Arthur >>>> Sucker". You need to pay homage to your parents for naming you that for this name to be possible. Like shut up with that nonsense already.

But this is coming from the guy who drinks & smokes depending on what DJ Quik does. You don't even have a mind of your own. :D

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
cham proving again he is strait bitch

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »

Yeah, that's right. Ignore the discussion; child. ;)

lol, funny how you always show up in Radiotube threads. SUS.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
funny how you show up in every thread acting like a bitch

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
"oh this is a classic, that is a classic", whole time they probably weren't [A Tribe Called Quest albums come to mind].  

im usually down with u but COME ON. tribe is classic shit

i LOVE A Tribe Called Quest, i just don't think they have any classic albums (i'm definitely not saying that they don't have classic records becuz i'd be braindead living in Dick Cheney's asshole if i did).  If you combine the best tracks from the 1st two albums then hell yeah u do but other than that alot of their material is filler, they aren't talking about anything except how "dope their rhymes are" for 30-40 minutes, that's not that great or entertaining and it gets boring.  plus the beats ain't even all that great, i mean i like some of em from the 1st two albums but there's like 12/13 songs on both albums, that's not saying alot if half of the album is filler

lmao, this is actually true - but "low End Theory" is perfect by 90's-standarads.
still have it on vinyl. n u do kno dat

don't get me wrong, i fucks with ALL of their records... i STILL have the tapes (with The Low End Theory being the best imho, especially that album).  All I'm saying is that there are albums from the 90's that people are calling "classic", "untouchable", "nothing these younger cats can top", and all of that other hooblah and tha shit just ain't accurate at all.  I'm definitely NOT trying to demote A Tribe Called Quest at all becuz I got my moods and days where that's all I play but it only lasts for so long.  

And but tbch when they released "The Low End Theory" it wasn't like THAT MANY albums that came out in 1991 were all that great anyway so they pretty much stood up at tha top of their class without much competition lol.  I feel like what Im about to say is contradictory but i have 2 say it, i like their albums but their replay value only lasts for so long and it only comes around so many times like seeing a comet soaring thru tha sky or a colored moon.  I wouldn't knock anybody if any of those two (or both) were their favorite albums but I think they were like u said "perfect by 90's standards" but they weren't all that like an "All Eyez On Me" or a "Death Certificate" (i hate to sound cliche' or like a hypocrite).

I just feel like there's been better music offered like this album "Doo Bop" (which was mostly recorded in 1991)

All I'm saying is that there are albums from the 90's that people are
calling "classic", "untouchable", "nothing these younger cats can top",
and all of that other hooblah and tha shit just ain't accurate at all.

yessh pimpin, i agree on that note as well -
but the typical "golden era is better than everything"/"nostalgism"-syndrome is a very common sympton wit
backpacker/hiphop-afficionados.
n i kinda understand em, even tho they r obviously wrong (subjectivity aside)

better/equally-as-good albums (at least for those specific time-zones) have been created many times,
ever since Rakim, Gang Starr and ACQ, EPMD dropped those conventional hiphop/5-mic classics.

"low end theory" is basically a classic by 90s-standards, as much as "College Dropout" is
a classic by early 00's standards. they r basicaly all classics yo, in they own diffrnt ways

truthfully tho, an album is only classic to the specific person from his or her speciic generation.
think about it,
younguns certify Lil Waynes "tha carter" as a classic,
a bitter o.g. is certifieng some Das EFX-album as a classic.
now who can blame either of em?
they r both classics, from diff time-zones

think they were like u said "perfect by 90's standards" but they weren't all that like an "All Eyez On Me" or a "Death Certificate" (i hate to sound cliche' or like a hypocrite).
yee,
this how i c it.
on the eastcoast-tip - id say "low end.." is a classic by 90's stanrdas.
pac and cube r westcoast classics by 90's standards, undadig  (even tho Ice Cube first 2 albums were eastcoast-music)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:30:40 AM by Michael Madsen »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:10 AM »
funny how you show up in every thread acting like a bitch

Son, you're a herb following me around; relax.

Look at this thread. You haven't talked about anything mentioned, but once I showed up, you came storming in to talk to me. Troll.

If you wanna talk to me soooooo badly, you can PM me. You don't have to just go around ruining threads. ;)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »

Yeah, that's right. Ignore the discussion; child. ;)

lol, funny how you always show up in Radiotube threads. SUS.

Ahhh man... just give it up already dude... why would I create alternate aliases just to make a point or argue with YOU (becuz I KNOW that's what your getting at becuz you've hinted towards that before).  I don't take DubCC that serious and I'm NOT WHITE, White people ONLY do shit like that, not Black people or Jewish people or anybody else, only WHITE PEOPLE do that shit.  You weren't even around during this time so fall tha fuck back, u don't even KNOW who Miles Davis is, you only hear about him but u don't know so just stop with your 18 year old childish games.  You know nothing about music and muthafuckaz on here know, you aren't fooling anybody by interacting with people on here daily.  

I'm sorry you're having such a fucked up day but nobody wants to pander to you for your entertainment.  You're fucking up a legitimate thread/ode and your making an ass outta yourself while disrespecting the legends.  Are you mad becuz a surprise thread like this is getting more attention than Chamillionaire has gotten his whole career.  Nobody wants you here, plz just go tha fuck away.  Nobody considers you hard or a bully becuz u talk big shit on a chat line, you're just like an Ant... annoying when people see you but can easily and quickly be killed and forgotten about.  Do yourself a favor and grow up on tha hundid, you're wack.  You're in a Miles Davis thread talkin about Bruno Mars and trying to disrespect me at tha same time, little do u know it's backfiring

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
Arthur, write me a 15 paragraph essay on how street you are

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »

If you have no idea what ur talking about, better dont say anything. Doo Wop and Doo Bop are too different styles of music one is a form of RnB and the other one a form of Jazz. Do Your History son. I can recommend you some movies and books if you want.

Back to topic.

Best Miles album: Bitches Brew IMO

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »

If you have no idea what ur talking about, better dont say anything. Doo Wop and Doo Bop are too different styles of music one is a form of RnB and the other one a form of Jazz. Do Your History son. I can recommend you some movies and books if you want.

Back to topic.

Best Miles album: Bitches Brew IMO

u might be right about that but i feel the term or phrase "Doo - op" came from Miles Davis becuz before that album there wasn't anything using that term... it's like "P Funk" vs "G Funk"...

i'm kinda glad u said that and pointed that out there becuz i already knew and didn't think anybody else knew and 4 a second i thought people were just gonna come in here talking about other shit (like wat wuz happening for a slight second)... thanks homie (seriously)...

and what books do u have 2 offer, i would love 2 hit tha library and check em out

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
Lmao at Wendy's Arthur getting exposed for his lack of musical knowledge.EXPOSED