Author Topic: Lil B explains the logic behind his next album I'm Gay.  (Read 1108 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil B explains the logic behind his next album I'm Gay.
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »

"I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy...I'm a gay, heterosexual male."

In his steady rise to rap notoriety, Lil B has relied heavily on his viral fanbase. His multiple MySpace pages, Facebook "likes" and army of Twitter followers have helped propel his music and message. But ever since Lil B announced at Coachella last week that the title of his next album will be I'm Gay, some fans have turned on the Based God. A few have even sent digital death threats.

"People been hitting me up like, 'I'm gonna bash your head in,' 'you f----t,' 'I'm gonna kill you,' " Lil B told MTV News on Thursday (April 21), as he drove to a show at the Mezzanine in San Francisco.

With upcoming shows lined up in Chicago, Detroit and at the Bamboozle Festival in New Jersey in the next few weeks, Lil B showed no signs of fear and said he'd proceed with his scheduled dates.

"I'm not gonna stop and I'm not scared of anybody on earth," he said of the Twitter backlash. "That's why I [titled the album I'm Gay] and nobody gonna stop me."

B insisted he's not a homosexual, but that he is gay, i.e., extremely happy, flipping the word and focusing on its other definition. "I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy," he said. "I'm a gay, heterosexual male."

A spokesman for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) told XXLMag.com that they hope Lil B's album title is "not a gimmick, and is really a sincere attempt to be an ally."

B stressed to MTV News that he is in fact a supporter. "I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it," the Based God said. "I hope GLAAD sees that I'm taking initial steps to break barriers."

When we asked about the makeup of his fanbase, B said he hadn't noticed whether there was any significant portion of his following that identifies as gay, but that some have already had a negative reaction to his title selection.

"A lot of my supporters have turned on me. It's been a few supporters that's saying, 'I'm not gonna rock with you anymore,' " the controversial MC revealed. "That's fine, because you know what? They didn't love me for real anyway."

Although the rapper has yet to begin recording the album, he expects to have it ready and available on iTunes in the next month or two. Lil B also believes that even though he's facing resistance now, in the future he'll be hailed as a hero. "One-hundred years later, people gonna thank me, because people are going to be free. And that's the main thing. Even if it's 1 percent of the people that listen to me and are gonna be free, that's better than none," he said. "That's better than not speaking up at all ... and I spoke up and I did it."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lil B explains the logic behind his next album I'm Gay.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
He's a West Coast artist...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »
WTF wrong wit dude.... fuckin fairy.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:09:49 AM »
Cue the dubcc homophobia..  ::)
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
Fuckin FAG!!!  Trying To Create A Buzz!  Choke On A Dick!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:40:59 PM by stephen619 »

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
Lol this lil nigga isn't foolin nobody but these dumb ass kids. Lil' B nigga u gay! *Riley's voice*. Only people who has no common sense would believe that bull shit ass fuckery.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
Lol this lil nigga isn't foolin nobody but these dumb ass kids. Lil' B nigga u gay! *Riley's voice*. Only people who has no common sense would believe that bull shit ass fuckery.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:42 AM »
And with one simple move, he's showing how homophobic the hip hop community(and specifically the black community) is.  He's showing his Berkeley roots with this activist move. 

Tha_Tactican

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Sorry if i come off as a hater but niggas need to quit telling me Lil' B is a Genius visionary for that "Im Gay" shit. The ipod? Genius. Henry Ford? Visionary. Lil B? Neither. Remember how charles Hamilton was a misunderstood genius? now he's just that crazy nigga with the Tyrone Biggums coat. That nigga should've named his album "I enjoy Dicks in my Butt" so I could see how yall would flip it into "He's genius! He's a visionary!"::)

Dont get it twisted, he seems like a cool dude, hes making a name for himself out there but really ppl need to stop making him out to be this DEEP artist w/ this so-called divine wisdom
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:35:12 AM by Tha_Tactician »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
And with one simple move, he's showing how homophobic the hip hop community(and specifically the black community) is.  He's showing his Berkeley roots with this activist move. 

It may be a simple move to gain attention, but atleast he has guts, I'll give him that. Very few would upset The usual ignorant, homophobic hip-hop customer with this stuff.

Tha_Tactican

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:27 AM »

It may be a simple move to gain attention, but atleast he has guts, I'll give him that. Very few would upset The usual ignorant, homophobic hip-hop customer with this stuff.

True. Especially ppl who listens to this guy ;D

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »
this is whats wrong with todays society. the word gay is now only to describe homosexuality if some of you uneducated dumbasses dont know gay has two meanings 1. the one everyone here is concerned with 2. happy. i get what lil b is tryna say and instead of looking at this from a different view yall looking through it through some haters eyes

#swag

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
this is whats wrong with todays society. the word gay is now only to describe homosexuality if some of you uneducated dumbasses dont know gay has two meanings 1. the one everyone here is concerned with 2. happy. i get what lil b is tryna say and instead of looking at this from a different view yall looking through it through some haters eyes

#swag

true, I just read the word 'gay' in a novel today and thought wtf because it appeared to be totally out of context until I remembered that it has a 2nd meaning.

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »

#swag

true, I just read the word 'gay' in a novel today and thought wtf because it appeared to be totally out of context until I remembered that it has a 2nd meaning.

says it in the flintstones theme song too

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »

Word, there are very few moves that will actually shock and offend anymore, and this is one of them, at least as far as the regular hiphop audience is concerned, props to him