18 (40.9%)
good artist, but not great
19 (43.2%)
Wu-Tang was great but not Method Man solo
6 (13.6%)
He was wack, who cares
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: How Does Method Man Stack Up When It Comes to All-Time Great Emcee's?  (Read 1409 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: How Does Method Man Stack Up When It Comes to All-Time Great Emcee's?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
Here to make everyone feel better

Method Man>Ludacris

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Good in a group, good in as a guest, but ouside Tical can't carry an entire LP.  And Tical isn't even a top 5 WU solo album.  He was a good rapper but people overrate him because he was arguably the most charismatic out of the WU so he was pushed the hardest mainstream wise.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:21 PM »
I kind of throw Meth and Luda in the same boat. Incredible lyrically but album catalogs leave alot to be desired. 420 was and still is my shit though from Meth.

wtf?.. did you just compare Ludacris to Method Man?    Luda's fans are probably 90% female and most of his music is for the clubs.   Meth's signature style is that grimey shit.  I agree about what you said about his catalog but I just don't think Luda's name deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Meth

SMH... I'm not even a Luda fan but 90% of his fans aren't women, not even close.  Do you think before you talk ?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »
I kind of throw Meth and Luda in the same boat. Incredible lyrically but album catalogs leave alot to be desired. 420 was and still is my shit though from Meth.

wtf?.. did you just compare Ludacris to Method Man?    Luda's fans are probably 90% female and most of his music is for the clubs.   Meth's signature style is that grimey shit.  I agree about what you said about his catalog but I just don't think Luda's name deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Meth

SMH... I'm not even a Luda fan but 90% of his fans aren't women, not even close.  Do you think before you talk ?

well.. 90% women or 70% women and 20% bitchmade pussies with no taste in music... either way it's the same thing
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »

Even if I was it's a opinion. So what if Ludacris' fans are women. Meth has made tracks for them too lol. Meth's style was really nothing IMO, hence the name Method Man because he could rock ANY style, grimey, club, lyrical, cypher, didn't matter. Luda does his thing for sho, where I rank him I don't know. But definitely like I said before, their catalogs leave something to be desired.

If it's your opinion that Luda should be ranked with Method Man then it's my opinion that your opinion is trash... respectfully.

"where I rank Luda I DON'T KNOW". Respectfully re read what I said

yeah, that's why I said... "IF"

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:34 PM »

well.. 90% women or 70% women and 20% bitchmade pussies with no taste in music... either way it's the same thing

But don't you listen to Eminem?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »

Even if I was it's a opinion. So what if Ludacris' fans are women. Meth has made tracks for them too lol. Meth's style was really nothing IMO, hence the name Method Man because he could rock ANY style, grimey, club, lyrical, cypher, didn't matter. Luda does his thing for sho, where I rank him I don't know. But definitely like I said before, their catalogs leave something to be desired.

If it's your opinion that Luda should be ranked with Method Man then it's my opinion that your opinion is trash... respectfully.

"where I rank Luda I DON'T KNOW". Respectfully re read what I said

yeah, that's why I said... "IF"

Hence why I said I am not ranking him. Clear as mud?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
red man is better then meth and has a stronger catalog to show for it.

its hard to compare them because most of there projects intersect but red was a super grimy nigga back in the day...reds first three albums are easily as good as enter the 36 chambers or any of meths joints

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:55:34 PM by ♛K1NG PETEY »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »

But don't you listen to Eminem?

From 99 till 2004 I think Eminem was easily the greatest rapper alive (I can't defend anything he's done that came out after 2003).  And what's your point?  That people who like Eminem have no taste in music?  

Dre called him the most talented artist he's ever worked with and said that the Marshal Mathers LP was the closest he ever came to making a perfect record.   I don't think you can get any stronger endorsement then that.  But what do I know and what does Dre know anyway... I mean I guess Ludacris is the greatest rapper ever right?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:59:36 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »
Brian, it's 7:30, do you know where your children are? No? Didn't think so

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
Brian, it's 7:30, do you know where your children are? No? Didn't think so

why dont u get off the mans nuts, u fuckin faggot?

this thread is about method man, not your man-crush on infinite....gay as fuck, son.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
Lmao, elior can't stand someone else not paying attention to him

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
Lmao, elior can't stand someone else not paying attention to him

the quote under your avatar should read "i'm bisexual"...fuckin faggot

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
top 30...

number 26 behind odb...

dirty ate every last one of them niggas in the wu...on every song he was ft on...
every song he was on ..on the wu albums..he shitted on em

his solo album..he ate them

i still wanted to hear dirty wreck the triumph beat..

Okka

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:44 AM »
red man is better then meth and has a stronger catalog to show for it.

its hard to compare them because most of there projects intersect but red was a super grimy nigga back in the day...reds first three albums are easily as good as enter the 36 chambers or any of meths joints

Hell yeah. Been bumpin' a lot of Redman lately, he's in my top 5 East Coast MC's for sure.