18 (40.9%)
good artist, but not great
19 (43.2%)
Wu-Tang was great but not Method Man solo
6 (13.6%)
He was wack, who cares
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: How Does Method Man Stack Up When It Comes to All-Time Great Emcee's?  (Read 1405 times)

Invincible

Re: How Does Method Man Stack Up When It Comes to All-Time Great Emcee's?
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »

But don't you listen to Eminem?

From 99 till 2004 I think Eminem was easily the greatest rapper alive (I can't defend anything he's done that came out after 2003).  And what's your point?  That people who like Eminem have no taste in music?  

Dre called him the most talented artist he's ever worked with and said that the Marshal Mathers LP was the closest he ever came to making a perfect record.   I don't think you can get any stronger endorsement then that.  But what do I know and what does Dre know anyway... I mean I guess Ludacris is the greatest rapper ever right?

What I'm saying is that is was mostly young kids and women who were listening to Eminem back then too. Do you think it was all older males that listened to Eminem in that era? You are questioning whether the people have taste when they listen to Eminem, but people who listen to Ludacris are in the same category as Eminem listeners.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »
i dont even like luda that much but his catalog is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than method mans. method man has one fucking album. ONE

the rest are so shit they are almost impossible to listen to

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
i dont even like luda that much but his catalog is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than method mans. method man has one fucking album. ONE

Meth has 1 shitty album, The Prequel. Luda has several. Not to mention that none of albums stack up to Tical.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
Half of the songs on every Luda album are wack. Then out of the other half, half of them are alright & then the rest are good.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »

Meth has 1 shitty album, The Prequel. Luda has several. Not to mention that none of albums stack up to Tical.

none of ludas albums stack up to tical, i agree. but you are honestly the only person i have ever heard say they like more than one or two method man albums. and youre saying only ONE is shit? backup please. no hate, i really wanna hear u make a case for meths other albums

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

What I'm saying is that is was mostly young kids and women who were listening to Eminem back then too. Do you think it was all older males that listened to Eminem in that era? You are questioning whether the people have taste when they listen to Eminem, but people who listen to Ludacris are in the same category as Eminem listeners.

You added the part about "kids", and when it comes to women, yeah Eminem had a lot of female fans but he wasn't making songs targeting young girls in the clubs. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

none of ludas albums stack up to tical, i agree. but you are honestly the only person i have ever heard say they like more than one or two method man albums. and youre saying only ONE is shit? backup please. no hate, i really wanna hear u make a case for meths other albums

Have you even listened to his other albums? I still bump Judgement Day and The Day After regularly

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »

Have you even listened to his other albums? I still bump Judgement Day and The Day After regularly

to each his own brotha  8). heard em all, hate em all (except tical)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »

to each his own brotha  8). heard em all, hate em all (except tical)

They deserve another listen then. I don't see how you could hate on this:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
420 from Meth was a dope album as well.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »
Judgement day was dope. Just had way too many skits

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
meth is always better when he is in the wu

than he is by himself...

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 04:03:21 AM »

But don't you listen to Eminem?

From 99 till 2004 I think Eminem was easily the greatest rapper alive (I can't defend anything he's done that came out after 2003).  And what's your point?  That people who like Eminem have no taste in music?  

Dre called him the most talented artist he's ever worked with and said that the Marshal Mathers LP was the closest he ever came to making a perfect record.   I don't think you can get any stronger endorsement then that.  But what do I know and what does Dre know anyway... I mean I guess Ludacris is the greatest rapper ever right?

how fucking dumb can you be... yes, it´s obvious that you hate luda but throwing a bitch fit when someone compares meth´s catalogue with luda shows your true nature. you act like a grown man but the bitch you really are is revealed every time someone disagrees with you

on topic, the guy´s flow was something no one could top back in the day, well, maybe biggie .  they would´ve made a great duo album 

and meth´s latest album wasn´t bad

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2011, 05:26:04 AM »
Overrated. I can think of a whole lot of niggas better than him.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
luda is def jams southern answer for method man...thats easy to see.

but luda hasnt sold out as much as meth did by this stage in his career...thats undisputable.

i knew once they did the deodorant commercials neither red nor meth would ever be the same.