Author Topic: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today  (Read 937 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 09:45:01 AM »
I don't get it...

Average Baseball players on that list are making more than any Soccer player. :D

And they still earn way too much. It's disgusting  :-X  If you think it's good that American players earn so much, well.... In the end the fans pay them 

Yeah, but supposedly every country has a Soccer team & they all get paid.

So basically, there are tens of thousands of Soccer players & there are only like 2,000 professional American athletes within Baseball, Football & the NBA; that play at the highest level lol.

You deserve the money if you can do something so very few can do.

It's not that so few can do it because it is so hard, it's that there is simply NO MARKET for it.

Na, you Europeans just don't have the hand/eye coordination to hit a Baseball. ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
We sure as hell have the hand/eye coordination to take the remote and flip the channel really quickly as soon as we see a baseball game.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Raphael

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
I hate getting into this discussion again but this caught my eye
Us as americans will never get soccer completely just like non-americans will never get football completely (although its more likely for them)
Your joking right? Okay the interest in football is low in America but you have allot of devoted fans that even traveled to South Africa to see their team play. And as far as i know, there are no professional American football leagues in Europe.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »
We sure as hell have the hand/eye coordination to take the remote and flip the channel really quickly as soon as we see a baseball game.

I want to be crowned a champion winning a 0-0 tie. 8)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
I hate getting into this discussion again but this caught my eye
Us as americans will never get soccer completely just like non-americans will never get football completely (although its more likely for them)
Your joking right? Okay the interest in football is low in America but you have allot of devoted fans that even traveled to South Africa to see their team play. And as far as i know, there are no professional American football leagues in Europe.

So what there aren't any pro football leagues in europe?  Im talking about the fact that support for football compared to support for soccer will NEVER be anywhere close to even, and this is why pitting soccer vs football is pretty much subjective (you guys dont get football like we do just like we dont get soccer like you do).

Also, just because a small group of people travelled to see the world cup (which we view as the only important soccer tourney or match at all lol) doesn't mean that theres a bunch of soccer fans here.  Half of that support (at least) is on some nationalistic type of shit, aka we will support a national hot dog eating team if it means we can travel/drink/spectate/cheer for it. 

I dont know if I missed what you were getting at but there you go.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:23:03 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Raphael

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »
Okay but I still find it hard to believe that American Football has a bigger chance to become a big sport in Europe.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
Okay but I still find it hard to believe that American Football has a bigger chance to become a big sport in Europe.

I dont really believe that you Euros will ever appreciate American football. I was just saying its more likely than us getting soccer cause that will never ever happen (zero percent) compared to maybe 1 percent for you guys.  Our culture is pretty ingrained in what it likes, which is not a bad thing like people make it out to be.

Who gives a shit really.  If you wanna watch soccer all day, go for it. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 06:59:13 PM »

I want to be crowned a champion winning a 0-0 tie. 8)

Just like I want to kick a football as hard in your face as I can. Not happening.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
If that fool didn't pick up a soccer ball and ran with it..... we wouldn't have american football, lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
If that fool didn't pick up a soccer ball and ran with it..... we wouldn't have american football, lol.

But going by that logic, an iPhone or a Droid or a Blackberry is far superior to that shit Alexander Graham Bell created. ;)

Invincible

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
Us football fans grew up watching football, you Americans grew up watching your sports. Its as simple as that. I don't watch your sports as I find them really uninteresting. So if you don't like Football, don't watch it.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2011, 01:38:45 AM »
You do get some football games that are boring as fuck. The Spurs-Arsenal game the other night was anything but boring, it just depends on the teams that are playin.
The only big american sport i really like is basketball. For me American Football doesnt flow enough and i lose interest in whats goin on, and baseball is just mad boring to me.
Dont know why someone brought up cricket its the shitest sport going. How you goin to play for 5 days and still draw the fucking game.