Author Topic: CREDITS: DJ Quik - The Book of David  (Read 1718 times)

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
CREDITS: DJ Quik - The Book of David
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »
DJ Quik - The Book of David

1. Fire And Brimstone 3:47
(D. Blake)
Produced by DJ Quik

2. Do Today (Feat. BlaKKazz K.K. And Jon B) 4:21
(D. Blake, K. McDonald, J. Buck)
Produced by DJ Quik
Bass & Guitar by David Foreman

3. Ghetto Rendezvous 3:34
(D. Blake)
Produced by DJ Quik
Additional vocals by George "G1" Archie

4. Luv Of My Life (Feat. Gift) 4:08
(D. Blake, G. Archie, C. Reynolds)
Produced by DJ Quik and George "G1" Archie
Percussions by Derrick "D-Loc" Walker
Fender Rhodes by David Balfour

5. Babylon (Feat. Bizzy Bone And BlaKKazz K.K.) 3:38
(D. Blake, B. McCane, K. McDonald)
Produced by DJ Quik
Additional keys by Terrace Martin

6. Killer Dope 4:50
(D. Blake)
Produced by DJ Quik

7. Real Women (Feat. Jon B) 4:03
(D. Blake, J. Buck, A. Bofill)
Produced by DJ Quik
Guitar by David Foreman
Contains a sample from "Children of the World United"
by Angela Bofill

8. Poppin (Feat. BlaKKazz K.K.) 3:40
(D. Blake, K. McDonald)
Produced by DJ Quik

9. Hydromatic (Feat. Jon B And Gift) 2:57
(D. Blake, J. Buck, C. Reynolds, W. Casey, J. Jacobs)
Produced by DJ Quik
Bass by David Foreman
Contains elements of "Grease Lightnin"
written by Warren Casey & Jim Jacobs

10. Across The Map (Feat. Bizzy Bone And Bun B) 2:57
(D. Blake, B. McCane, B. Freeman)
Produced by DJ Quik
Epilogue by Rodney O

11. Nobody (Feat. Suga Free) 3:37
(D. Blake, D. Rice, D. Foreman)
Produced by DJ Quik
Bass, Guitar & Keyboards by David Foreman

12. Boogie Till You Conk Out (Feat. Ice Cube) 3:07
(D. Blake, O. Jackson, D. Foreman)
Produced by DJ Quik

13. Flow For Sale (Feat. Kurupt The Kingpin) 2:54
(D. Blake, R. Brown, D. Foreman)
Produced by DJ Quik

14. So Compton (Feat. BlaKKazz K.K.) 3:39
(D Blake, K. McDonald)
Produced by DJ Quik
Guitar by David Foreman

15. Time Stands Still (Feat. Dwele) 4:29
(D. Blake, A. Gardner)
Produced by DJ Quik
Guitar by David Foreman

16. The End (Feat. Garry Shider) 13:20
(D. Blake, D. Foreman)
Produced by DJ Quik

Matty

Re: CREDITS: DJ Quik - The Book of David
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:44 AM »
thanks, still waiting on this to come. hopefully today 8)

felipebtu

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:52:52 AM »
Only 2 samples in entire Album ?  :o

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:40 AM »
the worst album in quik's discography...

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »

don't think so.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

I strongly disagree. Trauma sounds much worst than this album.

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

I strongly disagree. Trauma sounds much worst than this album.

trauma is not one of his best albums, but definately it has some good songs...

-fandando ft. b-real
-black mercedes ft. nate dogg (it is already a west coast classic)
-ladies&thugs ft. wyclef jean

even a year later noone will remember any song of book of david but 10 years later they will be still playing black mercedes...

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »
"Fandango" is wack, one of the worst songs Quik has ever made. "Ladies & Thugs" is decent, but sounded cheap. "Black Mercedes" is good, but that's because of Nate Dogg. Quik came decent on that song but the beat was average. The only songs I think that are really dope on Trauma are "Intro For Roger", "Til Jesus Comes" and "Jet Set". It's by far his worst record. "So Compton", "Fire & Brimstone", "Do Today", "Nobody", "Luv of my Life", "Boogie Til You Conk Out", "Flow For Sale" are all classic sounding Quik (well, "Boogie Til You Conk Out" is more futuristic sounding but still dope).

I guess it just boils down to opinions, but I can't begin to understand how anyone who's a fan of Quik's older records doesn't like TBOD. This record is him getting back to his own style, except for "Across The Map". The only thing this album is missing is the talkbox, the flutes, and those dope ass guitar/keyboard solos he used to have on his songs.

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
It boils down to opinions, but mine is right: Trauma is a good album and this doesn't even sound remotely like a DJ Quik album.  Absolute disgrace.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »
It boils down to opinions, but mine is right: Trauma is a good album and this doesn't even sound remotely like a DJ Quik album.  Absolute disgrace.

No way. "The Book of David" is Rap and a strong influence of R&B, like "Rhythm-Al-Ism", "Safe + Sound", and "Balance & Options". "Trauma" sounds the least like the rest of his albums overall. And this album is nowhere near being an "absolute disgrace", considering that most of the perception of it has been positive from Quik fans. But maybe this isn't the right topic for this discussion lol.

Jay_J

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:56 AM »
"Fandango" is wack, one of the worst songs Quik has ever made. "Ladies & Thugs" is decent, but sounded cheap. "Black Mercedes" is good, but that's because of Nate Dogg. Quik came decent on that song but the beat was average. The only songs I think that are really dope on Trauma are "Intro For Roger", "Til Jesus Comes" and "Jet Set". It's by far his worst record. "So Compton", "Fire & Brimstone", "Do Today", "Nobody", "Luv of my Life", "Boogie Til You Conk Out", "Flow For Sale" are all classic sounding Quik (well, "Boogie Til You Conk Out" is more futuristic sounding but still dope).

I guess it just boils down to opinions, but I can't begin to understand how anyone who's a fan of Quik's older records doesn't like TBOD. This record is him getting back to his own style, except for "Across The Map". The only thing this album is missing is the talkbox, the flutes, and those dope ass guitar/keyboard solos he used to have on his songs.

it is really stupid to discuss what is good or bad for someone else. if you like quik's book of david, im just happy for you. but when you call "fandango" wack and you tell me book of david is  a good album, it makes me realize i really dont know any shit about music and hiphop. quik's older records sound similar with tbod? are you sure that you listened quik's older records?

people keep saying hiphop is dead. if we go on keeping our expectations that much low, we deserve albums like "book of david". actually who keeps hiphop dead locked in its grave are we listeners.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »

it is really stupid to discuss what is good or bad for someone else. if you like quik's book of david, im just happy for you. but when you call "fandango" wack and you tell me book of david is  a good album, it makes me realize i really dont know any shit about music and hiphop. quik's older records sound similar with tbod? are you sure that you listened quik's older records?

people keep saying hiphop is dead. if we go on keeping our expectations that much low, we deserve albums like "book of david". actually who keeps hiphop dead locked in its grave are we listeners.

If you like "Trauma" more, of course that's cool, I just don't see it. Yes I know all of Quik's albums well because I bought everyone of them, but by "older records" I meant "Safe + Sound" and "Rhythm-Al-Ism", not so much his first two, even though "Poppin'" reminds me of "No Bullshit" off of "Way 2 Fonky". The only reason I argue this with people is because I just don't see how this album doesn't stack up well against his others, and I keep my expectations high when it comes to Quik's music because I expect a dope record from him. If this wasn't the case then I wouldn't have been disappointed with "BlaQKout" and "Trauma". I think those albums are decent at best and I'm glad he went away from that direction. Still, I don't think either one of our opinions are wrong, just different.
If this is how you feel, then cool. Obviously we don't hear music the same way, but I must say I would love to hear more albums like "The Book of David".

Since this is kinda pointless to keep going back and forth over, this will be the last thing I say on this topic.

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
At least BlaQKout had five or six decent songs...