Author Topic: Eminem & Royce Da’ 5’9″ "Fast Lane" Audio from the upcoming"Bad Meets Evil" EP  (Read 2130 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
pre-recorded vocals and sampling is only gonna get them so far. at the end of the day they have a chorus and need someone to sing it. nate hasn't been in any shape to work for quite a while and sly has that similar sound
sly was chosen for the similarities, im sure about that. but the tribute argument is bullshit

The Watcher

pre-recorded vocals and sampling is only gonna get them so far. at the end of the day they have a chorus and need someone to sing it. nate hasn't been in any shape to work for quite a while and sly has that similar sound
sly was chosen for the similarities, im sure about that. but the tribute argument is bullshit

how do you know theyre trying to pay a "tribute" to nate? all you know is they sound similar which is obviously what they want

i dont think anyone involved with the tracks has come out and said theyre trying to pay a tribute to nate
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

how do you know theyre trying to pay a "tribute" to nate? all you know is they sound similar which is obviously what they want

i dont think anyone involved with the tracks has come out and said theyre trying to pay a tribute to nate
i didn't say that, im saying sly was chosen for kush for the similarities. other people on here are saying that sly is paying tribute to nate. i was simply responding to that.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Track bangs, Slys hook is also good, nice to see someone is trying to bring back that Nate Dogg feeling to the music again...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Nice song. I never thought i'll be able to listen to Eminem again although i still find his voice quite irritating (and i liked his voice back in the days in SMLP and MMLP era).
As for the Sly.. I think some of you get to emotional. Yes...it's obvious he sounds like Nate but on the other hand i think it's good there is another talented singer in the rap game because good hooks is what the game lacks nowadays. He's new, so i hope he'll find his tyle soon. If he keeps imitating Nate Dogg then fuck him lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:04:46 AM by shoo »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not saying Dr.Dre is using Sly as a tribute.  I'm saying Dr.Dre is using Sly because he likes the sound which he helped craft with Nate Dogg.  Sly can re create that sound.  It's not complicated to figure out.  He likes a particular sound, his once to go guy is dead and was unable to work when he was alive so Dr. Dre found another to-go-to-guy to recreate the sound. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
So then dre is a complete hypocrite dissing others for being imitators while using one.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
So then dre is a complete hypocrite dissing others for being imitators while using one.
yep.

I'm not saying Dr.Dre is using Sly as a tribute.  I'm saying Dr.Dre is using Sly because he likes the sound which he helped craft with Nate Dogg.  Sly can re create that sound.  It's not complicated to figure out.  He likes a particular sound, his once to go guy is dead and was unable to work when he was alive so Dr. Dre found another to-go-to-guy to recreate the sound. 
or use the sound in an attempt to sell his single

jeromechickenbone

2nd verse is pretty dope, with the uptempo flows and passing the mic, etc. 

Overall, song is decent. 

And LMAO @ Royce saying he sold his soul.  Not surprising at all.