Author Topic: Bush gains power  (Read 143 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Bush gains power
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:12:35 AM »
I read in the paper today that the US Federal Court passed a bill giving Bush the power to intern americans fighting for a hostile cause for indefinate periods without access to a lawyer or trial.

Doesn't this worry you. The most "upstanding" country denying basic human rights to it's own citizens. This is the very evil they are trying to fight. Am I wrong?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Bush gains power
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 11:21:49 AM »
IDK what paper this was...

But it sounds like BS...

The  Federal Court or congress would not pass a bill like this...

For the 2nd time...

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 07:53:14 AM »
I read it in The Irish Times, and I agree with you that you shouldn't believe everything you read.

However, this article was laden with quotes from Donald Rumsfield etc, who said it was a victory for the Bush administration in their efforts to protect america in war time.
The new law applies to a american citizen of saudi descent who is currently interned suspected of fighting with the taliban last year. I dont subscribe to the online nespaper and im not gonna type up the whole thing.
All I'll say is it was a balanced article but it did have human rights questions raised by hr groups in america within the article. I believe the article was true. I just thought it was a worrying situation. Im sure if you look in your own media youll find it hidden somewhere.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 08:41:03 AM »
Gotta look into it. hummm.... interesting. The Bush adminestration is pushing limits if this is true.