Author Topic: New Dr. Dre Single on Friday..  (Read 13056 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: New Dr. Dre Single on Friday..
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »
So whats your opinion on 'Detox' now? Becouse i got confused, with that post.

Same as always.  Detox is a brand that is being used to make money for Interscope.  They use it to sell headphones, speakers, they're releasing Detox singles for online purchasing one-by-one.  This is a single's business now, so no surprise.  Albums don't sell anymore, but singles do via ringtones and stuff.  They can keep releasing singles as they go -- a new one every couple months.  There's no album, though.  Just release songs to iTunes and so forth, keep the fans attention.  Make money off singles sales.  Make money off the headphones and other paraphanelia.  You know, that's how you make money in the music business these days.

Detox is a brand.  Dre doesn't have the personality to be a brand unto himself.  Snoop Dogg has enough charisma to have a whole host of endeavors based on his own image, his "Snoop Dogg" persona.  Dre doesn't have that luxory.  A Dre reality show would be a ratings disaster.  So they've come up w/ an alternative -- Detox.  It's a marketing brand.  And they're going to keep millking this brand for as long as it brings in revenue.

I know you're a gimmick, but shit is funny because a lot of it is true
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2011, 07:28:31 AM »
Actually, reading some of this thread made me realize why I like Topless and Shit Popped Off a bit more than the new ones...
it's because they're a bit more organic, have more of a "real" instruments feel, while some of the new stuff is like a
shitload of synths all playing at the same time

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.

There is no such thing as an organic Dre verse. Every single thing Dre has ever spit has been written by someone else.

Okka

« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »
There is no such thing as an organic Dre verse. Every single thing Dre has ever spit has been written by someone else.

Actually Dre wrote some of his NWA lyrics, i'm not sure if it was any full verses or not though. MC Ren said that in one of his interviews.

The Watcher

« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
wasnt the CDQ meant to be out on tuesday?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

PLANT

« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
wasnt the CDQ meant to be out on tuesday?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »

Actually Dre wrote some of his NWA lyrics, i'm not sure if it was any full verses or not though. MC Ren said that in one of his interviews.

link or it didn't happen

Okka

« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »

link or it didn't happen

ThaFormula.com - So Dre actually wrote his shit?

MC Ren - Yeah, he wrote some of his shit. He write some of his shit and some of his shit he don't write. You can tell shit he writes. D.O.C. would write a lot of Dre's shit too. You could tell when you hear a lot of Dre shit if DOC wrote it.

http://dformula.bizland.com/mc_ren_memory_lane_thaformula_music.html

Will_B

« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2011, 01:39:55 AM »

link or it didn't happen

ThaFormula.com - So Dre actually wrote his shit?

MC Ren - Yeah, he wrote some of his shit. He write some of his shit and some of his shit he don't write. You can tell shit he writes. D.O.C. would write a lot of Dre's shit too. You could tell when you hear a lot of Dre shit if DOC wrote it.

http://dformula.bizland.com/mc_ren_memory_lane_thaformula_music.html

:pimp: