Author Topic: Def Squad vs. Mobb Deep  (Read 1128 times)

Okka

Def Squad vs. Mobb Deep
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:14:21 AM »
Why was Keith Murray and Redman beefin' with Mobb Deep back in the day? What diss tracks did both camp release? Mobb Deep was goin' at Keith Murray and Def Squad on the hidden track of "Hell On Earth", called "In The Long Run".

Prodigy:
"Fuck a ----- Keith Murray and his whole clique
Yea, you snuffed me in front of the cops, that bullshit
Told you come around the corner, no police and no witnesses
Little to your knowledge
You almost got shot but that's aiight though
I'm a catch ya ass again
You fuckin immigrant ------ for two cent
My Mobb runnin shit you fuckin Carlton Ave coward
The forecast call for gray skies and gun showers"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:16:14 AM by Okka »

doggfather

Re: Def Squad vs. Mobb Deep
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:15:39 AM »
good question, never know...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:10 AM »
lifted from: http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/013105/

It's been ten years and a resolution in the ongoing feud between Mobb Deep and Keith Murray still looks like it will never end. Both Prodigy and Murray have been getting at each other on the mixtapes in the past few weeks. Too young to remember? Well it all started on Mobb Deep's 1995 The Infamous album where P made disparaging references to rappers who talks "space sh--" in their rhymes and rap about smoking weed. Keith Murray was offended. "Mind you, I'm the Philly blunt king," Murray said last week from his home. "I got 'Get Lifted' out at the time and Redman is known for smoking Buddha and how to roll a blunt and all that. Erick [Sermon] was like, 'Yo, this n---as is talking about y'all.'" Eventually, Murray and Prodigy talked about the alleged diss at an Onyx video shoot and the whole situation was laid to rest after Prodigy said his comments were not directed toward the Def Squad.

Tension sparked up again though when P rapped, "Some pu--- niggas feeling guilty about some space sh--" on the 1996 LL Cool J posse cut "I Shot Ya," which also featured Fat Joe, Foxy Brown and — ironically — Keith Murray. The beef escalated one night after both Prodigy and his crew and Murray and his crew were at the legendary nightclub the Tunnel. Murray says he saw P and a companion standing outside across the street from the club and proceeded to "snuff him." Prodigy has said in songs that he had the upper hand. "Trigger the Gambler was right there [as a spectator]," Murray howled. "Soon as it was over, he walked up to me and was like 'Yo, I seen that sh--.' My word is bond."

To make a long story short, Prodigy and Murray never crossed paths again and things between them seemed to die down until P made the recent dis record "Bad Blood," going at Littles, Jay-Z and Mr. Murray. "I never said nothing," Murray barked. "All I did was action. So now it's my duty to prove how I can crush this n---a. The n---a is weak, I'm waiting to see what it all boils down to cause the n---a can't f--- with me, and he's a liar. He's gonna use lies to try to create a false perception, but he picked a doozy." Murray has released three anti-Mobb Deep records called "Vigilante," "I Hook Off" and "Takin' it Back." All are going to appear on his next mixtape: Kickin' Ass Incorporated Vol. 1 with his boys the L.O.D. "Kicking ass incorporated, where we make kicking your ass our personal business," he detailed. Murray is also halfway done with his next solo album, which he says will be released independently. Erick Sermon is going to produce the entire project and Redman will appear. "I'mma beautify this sh--," he promised. "[The album] might be called Beautification. I'm back in the muthaf---in' zone. This summer I wanna drop it."

Eddz

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:16:39 AM »
I remember reading about Keith Murray beating Prodigy at a club.

Prodigy seems like a real bitch. He keeps saying how he could of smashed all these rappers but he gave them a pass. He always talking about how he is super tough but he aint done shit to no one.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »
Thanks for the info. Here's somethin' i found on another forum.

If you want facts, this is how the beef really ended, according to both camps. Redman said in The Source, that he was hearin about Mobb talkin shyt, so he paid them a visit, by himself, in Queensbridge, in '96. He said he walked up to them with a hoodie on, while they were with some dudes, right in the projects. He asked them, if they had problems, and they said "no". Even though Mobb had wild nikkas with them, nothin popped off, and this is on the block. Mobb confirmed that this happened, in the same article.

Does anybody have this issue of The Source?