Author Topic: What do yall think of Jesus?  (Read 668 times)

mauzip

Re:What do yall think of Jesus?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2003, 11:21:30 PM »
To be honest I don't belieev he ever existed. I think the whole bible story is made up by someone, but if everyone is equal why is Jesus greater than other people then? :-\

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2003, 12:06:30 AM »
To be honest I don't belieev he ever existed. I think the whole bible story is made up by someone, but if everyone is equal why is Jesus greater than other people then? :-\

because the idea that someone who youve never seen, can dictate your fate, is easier for people to swallow...then to take responsibility for their own life, and create their own fate. Most people fear what they dont understand, so it makes them feel safer to think that theres some sort of father figure watching out for them, that will protect them...if they obey him. Plus, if Jesus or God was just as "equal" as all of us, then u couldnt have put the "fear of God" in people, when all this first started. The bible IMO was created as stories with morals, in order to keep people in line. How can u keep people in line, just by saying..."joe from down the street said u should do this...". Nobody would listen. But if u make up a fictional character who is much more powerful then you, u can preach that to children, and others who will believe it.

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2003, 12:09:00 AM »
oh sweety feel what you said and all but i was reading your statement again  but jesus ministry was for three years not four so i don't know where you got the four from could you please elaborate on where you got the four years and i'm not saying this to be smart so don't take it that way i just want to know if i'm missin a year somewhere thanx

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2003, 07:59:40 PM »
^^ Sorry, I must have mis-understood, I thought he started his ministry at 30 and died near his 34th... either way, my point was he accomplished a LOT if you consider the people that look up to him, in only 3 (or 4 ) years.  I believe he's the son of god, of course, but even those who don't; I think it's amazing, whoever they think he was, or whoever he was, that he came up with so many beautiful phrases and ways of looking at things.  He had a very very radical message; his story about the good samaritan (samaritans were HATED in Jerusalem at the time) was daring, his actions in the temple were very radical, his teachings and claims were very bold, but yet none of them (in my opinion) were wrong, his teachings (as recorded in the bible) seem straight from god to me.  Some of it, to me, seems like more than a man could think of.  Peace~

jav

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2003, 08:12:35 PM »
Jesus was Jewish, so he's coo...PeACe

why do jews always judge people for what religion or race they are?, jews in australia are in there own world they dont like to be mixed with others, its strange.. they all live in a rich area where im from, they dont talk to anyone if theyre not jew

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2003, 08:22:50 PM »
Jesus was Jewish, so he's coo...PeACe

why do jews always judge people for what religion or race they are?, jews in australia are in there own world they dont like to be mixed with others, its strange.. they all live in a rich area where im from, they dont talk to anyone if theyre not jew

jews don't (always) judge people for what religion or race they are. that's bullshit!

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2003, 12:53:40 PM »
Great man, peace be upon him, I wish i had met him,,peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

OutSider

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2003, 07:51:20 PM »
[size=14]JESUS!!![/size]

mauzip

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2003, 07:53:44 PM »

OutSider

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2003, 08:02:05 PM »

it is alright to question things that you and many people fully dont understand... sometimes it also amazes me that there was a someone like jesus in the world.. and person who knew what human emotions and passion felt like... yet.. never commited sin... God is the only one who can actually comprehend the idea and feeling of Love... the bible speaks clearly about love.. how it is not jealious or angery... but good and forgiving...

we as human.. get mad at someone.. we made forgive them.. but we still stay angry.. and we dwell on the past... but God tells us that when we are forgiven.... they are washed away.. and we start over... only God can totally understand it.. but all we can do as his children is try.... it is prefectly ok not to believe in christ.. but just be sure you are willing to face the fact that there just might be one...we all as children of god cant fully understand the ways of good.. not even a catholic preist...

anyways..not all jews judge people by there race.... i met some pretty nice ones myself... then there is NIK.. but anyways...

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2003, 08:06:57 PM »

it is alright to question things that you and many people fully dont understand... sometimes it also amazes me that there was a someone like jesus in the world.. and person who knew what human emotions and passion felt like... yet.. never commited sin... God is the only one who can actually comprehend the idea and feeling of Love... the bible speaks clearly about love.. how it is not jealious or angery... but good and forgiving...

we as human.. get mad at someone.. we made forgive them.. but we still stay angry.. and we dwell on the past... but God tells us that when we are forgiven.... they are washed away.. and we start over... only God can totally understand it.. but all we can do as his children is try.... it is prefectly ok not to believe in christ.. but just be sure you are willing to face the fact that there just might be one...we all as children of god cant fully understand the ways of good.. not even a catholic preist...

anyways..not all jews judge people by there race.... i met some pretty nice ones myself... then there is NIK.. but anyways...

It's not that I don't fully understand it, I'm just too down-to-earth for it. I just don't see that there's someone above us is ruling over us. Some people don't believe in coincidence, I do. I don't think things (or everything) are meant to be.

OutSider

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2003, 08:17:47 PM »
well believe everything and everyone has a purpose or is meant to be.. even NIK.. makes his parents happy... even though.. he kinda smells funny.. and is bratty.. maybe he is on the board for some great reason... like.. for his music and stuff.. who knows.. if nothing had a reason.. they why do the trees provideus with the air we breathe... why is there water for us to drink when we are thirsty.... why do birds fly.. and why do they have feathers... believe it or not you have a reason that you are here on this earth... and your making someone happy with you presents... there is something about you that makes you they way that you are for some reason.. i cant answer that.. and i cant even answer why i am here... but i do know if i wasnt here... there would be no daugther for my dad to make a better man.. and give up drinking for..without m dogg in this world.. i would have gone through my moms bullshit totally alone..  in this world.. we all have a reason.. you may not like me.. the board may not like me.. but i dont care. because my dad loves me... my family loves me and i wsa blessed with friends.....

anyways.. open your heart and dont be afraid..of believing.... in something.. any religion is better then no religion...

mauzip

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2003, 08:25:25 PM »
well believe everything and everyone has a purpose or is meant to be.. even NIK.. makes his parents happy... even though.. he kinda smells funny.. and is bratty.. maybe he is on the board for some great reason... like.. for his music and stuff.. who knows.. if nothing had a reason.. they why do the trees provideus with the air we breathe... why is there water for us to drink when we are thirsty.... why do birds fly.. and why do they have feathers... believe it or not you have a reason that you are here on this earth... and your making someone happy with you presents... there is something about you that makes you they way that you are for some reason.. i cant answer that.. and i cant even answer why i am here... but i do know if i wasnt here... there would be no daugther for my dad to make a better man.. and give up drinking for..without m dogg in this world.. i would have gone through my moms bullshit totally alone..  in this world.. we all have a reason.. you may not like me.. the board may not like me.. but i dont care. because my dad loves me... my family loves me and i wsa blessed with friends.....

anyways.. open your heart and dont be afraid..of believing.... in something.. any religion is better then no religion...

Why is there life? Why are there galaxies? Nobody has answers to those kind of questions and there's nothing wrong with that. Not everything has to have a reason. Maybe human beings just aren't smart enough to answer those kind of questions.
I didn't say, neither did I suggest I don't like you. You are just a member of this message board. Why wouldn't I like you?
You gotta explain though me why it is better to have any religion than to not have any religion. :-\

OutSider

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2003, 08:34:51 PM »

Why is there life? Why are there galaxies? Nobody has answers to those kind of questions and there's nothing wrong with that. Not everything has to have a reason. Maybe human beings just aren't smart enough to answer those kind of questions.
I didn't say, neither did I suggest I don't like you. You are just a member of this message board. Why wouldn't I like you?
You gotta explain though me why it is better to have any religion than to not have any religion. :-\

that was meant for the whole board.. i am sorry that if you took it towards you... ....

but.. to answer your question about life... the meaning of life.. is what you make it..you can make it very hard n yourself.. by doing bad things.. going out robbing.. or havin unprotected sex.. then getting HIV... or you can make it easy for yourself... but that alone also takes work... not everything is easy.. or you wouldnt really appreciate it.... my meaning of life is just to live... and try my best to be happy with the little that i have.. i was no blessed with a family with money or a family that has a mom and a dad... heck my mom was a heron addict... who basically killed herself through years of using... but... that donesnt stop me from living.. from being happy.. i still have my dad.. and i have two wonderful grandmother.. who subsitute my mom... thats my meaning of life... just to live... i survive so much.... and that was by the good grace of god... because my mother could have easily killed me ... when she bacame violent....or kidnapped when she left me alone with strangers... i lived a hard childhood... but God is good to me.. and gives me something that i cant explain... that just makes me feel good...

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2003, 08:39:12 PM »
Well if you do believe in God I respect that. It helps you, so there's no problem. But you still gotta tell me why it's better to have any religion than no religion.