Author Topic: PREVIEW: Dr. Dre & Eminem "Die Hard" Audio  (Read 3642 times)

Stan

Re: PREVIEW: Dr. Dre & Eminem "Die Hard" Audio
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
Dre's rapping is a shambles, Eminem's childish whiney singy songy hook is annoying, the semi-decent beat is surrounded by a clutter of horrible noises.
Eminem is fucking annoying I'll give you that but your player hating on the rest... in comparison to the other "detox" tracks this one surpasses them easily, and I've just heard the background version on the show.  That "semi-decent" beat is prolly smokin any other westcoast beat thats out right now ...

For me I will have to listen to Detox for at least a month to get a real feel for it ... 2001 grew on me and I liked it much better with time ... even the source went back and corrected their 4.5 mic rating to 5 years later.
Anyways hopefully he doesn't put Kush or INAD on the album.  I'm okay wiht this one.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
Nah, i think alotta ppl r past that ``expectation`` phase yall r talkn abt.  I know wat u r referring to but thats not tha case.  Aftermath just needs some new producers over there, like a super producers squad like all of these ``super group emcees`` we`ve been getting over there like a Dre, Tim, Erick Sermon group or something like that.

Stan

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
Nah, i think alotta ppl r past that ``expectation`` phase yall r talkn abt.  I know wat u r referring to but thats not tha case.  Aftermath just needs some new producers over there, like a super producers squad like all of these ``super group emcees`` we`ve been getting over there like a Dre, Tim, Erick Sermon group or something like that.
That would be a mess ... too many chefs in the kitchen ... too many egos.

The Predator

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
Dre's rapping is a shambles, Eminem's childish whiney singy songy hook is annoying, the semi-decent beat is surrounded by a clutter of horrible noises.
Eminem is fucking annoying I'll give you that but your player hating on the rest... in comparison to the other "detox" tracks this one surpasses them easily, and I've just heard the background version on the show.  That "semi-decent" beat is prolly smokin any other westcoast beat thats out right now ...

Better then the other recent Dre Duds? That's not saying much.

Beat smoking any other west coast beats out there? With the current drought, that's not saying much either.

Him and his homies are yet to drop a single on a quality level of 'G-Thang' for this 3rd solo Dre installment.

Stan

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 08:30:37 AM »
Him and his homies are yet to drop a single on a quality level of 'G-Thang' for this 3rd solo Dre installment.
I don't think Dre has ever dropped another single on the quality level G-Thang ... That song will define him for the rest of his career.  Shit it was even in Rolling Stone's top 500 songs of all time.  I think ppl have to move on and realize this is 11 years since his last album ... things change.  I have high expectations -very high- for Detox but I'm not gonna make them impossible to live up to.  I dont to hear angels

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
Must have been an exciting time in the Dre household this morning...

He'll have woken up and rushed over to his computer, and refreshed the Dubcc message board...

"Oh boy! A new thread about my new song! Let's hope it's good this time...
Guys, guys! Come check it out, come check it out!! They like it! They're saying it's semi-decent and good... it's like winter time over on Dubcc with all the mad chills they're getting!
Detox is GO!"

Stan

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »

He'll have woken up and rushed over to his computer, and refreshed the Dubcc message board...

Guys, guys! Come check it out, come check it out!! They like it! They're saying it's semi-decent and good... it's like winter time over on Dubcc with all the mad chills they're getting!
Detox is GO!"

Hahah nice .. prolly a little truth to it!  Seriously though, I'm convinced that all the detox "leaks" weren't leaks at all.  They were intentional.  I think Jimmy and Dre wanted to get a feel of what the fans liked.  Why?  Cuz how come they can keep the finished versions of INAD and Die Hard under lock until the day or so they drop, but they can't keep a demo version on Dre's computer?  GTFO!   :oi:

Ya I think they were doing their "research"

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »

Detox is GO!"

Hahah nice .. prolly a little truth to it!  Seriously though, I'm convinced that all the detox "leaks" weren't leaks at all.  They were intentional.  I think Jimmy and Dre wanted to get a feel of what the fans liked.  Why?  Cuz how come they can keep the finished versions of INAD and Die Hard under lock until the day or so they drop, but they can't keep a demo version on Dre's computer?  GTFO!   :oi:

Let's hope they see the more positive response to this track, and go more in this direction than the INAD direction

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
RIP that brother is gone and has taken with him everything Detox could be.

stop stanning he would've been on 2 songs tops
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:55:47 AM by SPICE TWO »

Stan

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »

Detox is GO!"

Let's hope they see the more positive response to this track, and go more in this direction than the INAD direction

Yea 4 sure!  I would laugh my ass off if they released a version with Dre on the chorus instead of Eminem.  Then we would know for sure hahah

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
FIRE!!!!

BANE

• 'G'
  • Deshi, Deshi, Basara, Basara! Deshi, Deshi, Basara
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 12:31:10 PM »
what i expected to hear following Kush. i think those leaks helped dre realize his fans only care for that hard shit. mr prescription and chillin better not be on this album after the likes of kush and now this...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
wack, dre is done

arubiano83

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »
Fuck you Eminem...for fuckin up this dope beat!! >:(

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »