Author Topic: PREVIEW: Dr. Dre & Eminem "Die Hard" Audio  (Read 3618 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: PREVIEW: Dr. Dre & Eminem "Die Hard" Audio
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
Not feeling the eminem part, i like dre's verse sound on it though, kinda reminds me of a proper dre track, the way he comes into a beat or how he wants his acts to come into a beat but as for the beat, shit sounds like some throwaway music for dre back in the day. Dude has fell the fuck off hard if this is the best music he can release and if this is the type of shit he gonna have on detox, instrumental wise, forget loosing to chronic 2001, that shit eating what has come off from this album so far. In terms of instrumentals, some of the early leaks a few years back and kush have better beats. I know some eminem fans will give it a pass just because of eminem being on it but it's decent, nothing more. The beat is so A-B and boring, shits totally uninspired, this gonna make onto detox? lol...Kush is better and that was a blatant attempt at a single.
such as?
i can't think of any beat that sounds similar.

Wat up dreday, the part you highlighted i did not mean as in similar in terms of sound to an identical point, more in terms of quality it was like some throwaway music for dre. Quick history lesson from what i can remember from the top of my dome from back then was that dre was on fire at the time and his beats were selling for bucks at the time but once in a while he would sell his lower level beats for cheaper or throwaway beats to lesser niggaz in terms of scale of reach once in a while to make it look like he still gave a fuck about the west and was doing his part. Dude was on fire at the time, like everything he was touching was becoming big like timbaland a few years back and neptunes a while back too...(dre is the only nigga i can think of who has had this phase more than once)...but yeah so he passed some shit to niggaz which was not even a factor for dre...

Now i'll give you a quick one which was a throwaway beat for dre...but was more advanced than this as a beat...more dope than this as a beat, less monotone than this as a beat, more funk than this as a beat...and this for a no factor nigga like mack 10...

Now on die hard, dre uses a more futuristic sound sorta key thing which kicks off the beat but it sounds constipated and then when the simple 'daa=daa' key kicks in, its thicker than he previous music but it's so monotone and simplified its crazy. Now before you say dres music has always been simple, it has not. Dude had multiple layers to his music and then some effects and natural funk with his brilliant ear but its like he has stripped everthing out of his more recent shit these years and just left beats sounding like skeletons of his past work. When you get past the thickness of the sound or the futuristic attempt, you realise dre aint pushing boundries like he used to and making shit to the top of his ability. All die hard is, is a simple A-B dre beat, like some throwaway music. I followed dre's career for way to long to say this is the type of shit dre be producing when on top of the game. Like i said, its nothing better than decent at best in my opinion.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 03:28:46 AM »
Not feeling the eminem part, i like dre's verse sound on it though, kinda reminds me of a proper dre track, the way he comes into a beat or how he wants his acts to come into a beat but as for the beat, shit sounds like some throwaway music for dre back in the day. Dude has fell the fuck off hard if this is the best music he can release and if this is the type of shit he gonna have on detox, instrumental wise, forget loosing to chronic 2001, that shit eating what has come off from this album so far. In terms of instrumentals, some of the early leaks a few years back and kush have better beats. I know some eminem fans will give it a pass just because of eminem being on it but it's decent, nothing more. The beat is so A-B and boring, shits totally uninspired, this gonna make onto detox? lol...Kush is better and that was a blatant attempt at a single.
such as?

Wat up dreday, the part you highlighted i did not mean as in similar in terms of sound to an identical point, more in terms of quality it was like some throwaway music for dre. Quick history lesson from what i can remember from the top of my dome from back then was that dre was on fire at the time and his beats were selling for bucks at the time but once in a while he would sell his lower level beats for cheaper or throwaway beats to lesser niggaz in terms of scale of reach once in a while to make it look like he still gave a fuck about the west and was doing his part. Dude was on fire at the time, like everything he was touching was becoming big like timbaland a few years back and neptunes a while back too...(dre is the only nigga i can think of who has had this phase more than once)...but yeah so he passed some shit to niggaz which was not even a factor for dre...

Now i'll give you a quick one which was a throwaway beat for dre...but was more advanced than this as a beat...more dope than this as a beat, less monotone than this as a beat, more funk than this as a beat...and this for a no factor nigga like mack 10...

ah, i see.

Now on die hard, dre uses a more futuristic sound sorta key thing which kicks off the beat but it sounds constipated and then when the simple 'daa=daa' key kicks in, its thicker than he previous music but it's so monotone and simplified its crazy. Now before you say dres music has always been simple, it has not. Dude had multiple layers to his music and then some effects and natural funk with his brilliant ear but its like he has stripped everthing out of his more recent shit these years and just left beats sounding like skeletons of his past work. When you get past the thickness of the sound or the futuristic attempt, you realise dre aint pushing boundries like he used to and making shit to the top of his ability. All die hard is, is a simple A-B dre beat, like some throwaway music. I followed dre's career for way to long to say this is the type of shit dre be producing when on top of the game. Like i said, its nothing better than decent at best in my opinion.
i agree that Die hard sounds cheap in a way.

but stuff like Deep cover sounds simple to me.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »
such as?

Dre has always been producing simple/minimalistic beats (of course with couple exceptions). And the beat we've heard was in a weak quality, so we probably didnt get to hear the whole structure.  I dont mind tho, I find this beat hard arleady.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
a better sounding snippet was posted a few days ago, but the link got taken down

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
http://hulkshare.com/so9hjex95b8q here u go re-up cuz i dont see it drop anytime soon

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
http://hulkshare.com/so9hjex95b8q here u go re-up cuz i dont see it drop anytime soon

Site is not loading. Can you upload it on other server?

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »

Site is not loading. Can you upload it on other server?

http://www.mediafire.com/?59ont6ms05ksznr

there you go  8)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
such as?

ah, i see.

i agree that Die hard sounds cheap in a way.

but stuff like Deep cover sounds simple to me.

Deep Cover still blows my mind. I fuckin love that beat.

Stan

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
Simple is what works though.  I tried playing the bass for about two months and I picked up deep cover in the first week.  That shit is SO easy its unbelievable. 

ALso think of one of the biggest pop hits of all time: Billie Jean.  That bass is looped for the whole song, maybe a 2 bar piece?  Less is more.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
Now before you say dres music has always been simple, it has not. Dude had multiple layers to his music and then some effects and natural funk with his brilliant ear but its like he has stripped everthing out of his more recent shit these years and just left beats sounding like skeletons of his past work. When you get past the thickness of the sound or the futuristic attempt, you realise dre aint pushing boundries like he used to and making shit to the top of his ability.

2001 has beats that are simple as fuck. And yet they're all bangers.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
so far this and "Topless" (Em version) are the 2 best tracks to leak..."Kush" was good too. Expectations are clearly too high. Just let it drop and be satisfied with whatever u get, cuz u know there's gunna be heaters on that shit. I was also doubting Dre when "Chillin" and "Mr. Prescription" dropped, but if he's still makin some real shit along with it, I have no doubt there will be classic material on the album...Dre's always recorded hundreds of songs for his albums, he did the same with "2001"...Difference is, those days were different and the internet was not what it is today. I guarantee that Dre already has an albums worth of classic material recorded for "Detox"...simply put, he's lookin for the single that'll make it sell like he personally wants it to. Whether he finds that single is still up for debate...but I am not gunna doubt the fact that the album will be filled with knockers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »
same here.
the simpleness of the instrumental doesn't bother me

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 03:15:58 AM »
same here.

less is more. imo it's not that easy to make simple but banging beat as most people would think it is...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 03:21:46 AM »
same here.

less is more. imo it's not that easy to make simple but banging beat as most people would think it is...
true.