Author Topic: so detox will not be a west coast album??  (Read 1251 times)

RECOGNIZE187

Re: so detox will not be a west coast album??
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 04:44:41 PM »
studio gangsters ok...but gangsta rap WAS NEVER radio friendly..because its never on the radio!...

are you kidding? Gangsta rap took over the radio in the 90s. If Drake came out in the 90s he would've never had a hot single.

are u? gangsta rap was banned and u had jessie jackson and others doin protests against it! didn't u saw that clip were people were throwin cd's on the floor and steppin on them and screamin gansgta rap is not alright a lot of radio stations were refusing to play gangsta rap songs!
Ice t never had a song on the radio! NEVER!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:51:52 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
studio gangsters ok...but gangsta rap WAS NEVER radio friendly..because its never on the radio!...

are you kidding? Gangsta rap took over the radio in the 90s. If Drake came out in the 90s he would've never had a hot single.

are u? gangsta rap was banned and u had jessie jackson and others doin protests against it! didn't u saw that clip were people were throwin cd's on the floor and steppin on them and screamin gansgta rap is not alright a lot of radio stations were refusing to play gangsta rap songs!

You must not have been around in the 90s.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »

You must not have been around in the 90s.

lol..sure i was :) since when did radio play violent music with lyrics about guns,killing people,drugs and bitchez!??? :) LOL

Never mind...maybe u were listenin to 187.W-Balls on your FM dial HAHA:)

The only place where u could hear g shit was maybe that radio show eazy-e was hosting! and thats it! i might be wrong but i'm 99% sure im not :)

reall hip hop is not what u hear on the radio! never was!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:41:17 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
How do you think Death Row became the biggest hip hop label of its time? By not getting airplay?  :D

Most of us here grew up on gangsta rap. If it hadn't been getting airplay we wouldn't have heard it and we wouldn't be here now.  You are delusional to think otherwise.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:42:38 PM by SPICE TWO »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »
How do you think Death Row became the biggest hip hop label of its time? By not getting airplay?  :D

how do u think NWA sold 1 million tapes???
with radio play??
u think radio played gangsta gangsta and fuck the police???
come on
get yo facts right man

IT WAS YO MTV RAPS THAT SPREAD IT! AND NOT RADIO!

+ its a well known fact that radio stations never did and still dont support WEST COAST MUSIC ! even the radio stations from the west be playin more the music from the south then the WEST!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:45:40 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 08:46:11 PM »
You're an idiot. We all grew up on gangsta rap. I didn't even have fucking mtv man. This argument is stupid and useless, as anyone who was around in the 90s would know.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
You're an idiot. We all grew up on gangsta rap. I didn't even have fucking mtv man. This argument is stupid and useless, as anyone who was around in the 90s would know.

yo mamma!
the only thing radio play is maybe snoop and dre..or the game..other then that u will never hear gangsta rap or west coast artist on the radiio! not even ice cube! (special shows don't count)im talkin about normal airplay...

the things im sayin is WHAT ARTIST TOLD US! im not makin this up! ...wtf is wrong with u!
i grew up with NWA so i know!

u even have tracks frm snoop and mc eiht talkin about what does it take to get a record played...ice-t even has a song called RADIO PLAY!
u suck!

i was around in the 90s so i dont know what the fuck u talkin about!

and im out!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »
I'm sure in your little fantasy world KDAY and KMEL didn't exist. Julio G doesn't exist. Chuy Gomez doesn't exist. Neither do all the many gangsta rap singles that ppl reminisque over. Hell nah, Gin and Juice wasn't a hit record. Neither was Gangster's Paradise or the shitton of other singles. No Pac or Cube songs ever got any airplay. We must be imagining all of those.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »

yo mamma!
the only thing radio play is maybe snoop and dre..or the game..other then that u will never hear gangsta rap or west coast artist on the radiio! not even ice cube! (special shows don't count)im talkin about normal airplay...

and im out!

i dunno where u grew up but in L.A.... power 106 and 92.3 the beat was playing Snoop "Gin And Juice/Whats My Name", Dr. Dre "G Thang/Dre Day/Let Me Ride", Ice Cube "It Was a good day, Check Yo Self (Remix), You Know How We Do It, Bop Gun", DJ Quik "Safe + Sound", Warren G "Regulate", 2Pac "Keep Ya Head Up/I Get Around/California Love/How Do U Want It", Too Short "Gettin It", Mack 10 "Backyard Boogie", etc...

All those songs were on the PLAYLIST not just mix shows... meaning played regularly like all the trash songs are played now days...

but yeah I agree Dre should stick to his roots.. catering to the "young audience" means you're selling out to be popular.. thats wack

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »

yo mamma!

and im out!

i dunno where u grew up but in L.A.... power 106 and 92.3 the beat was playing Snoop "Gin And Juice/Whats My Name", Dr. Dre "G Thang/Dre Day/Let Me Ride", Ice Cube "It Was a good day, Check Yo Self (Remix), You Know How We Do It, Bop Gun", DJ Quik "Safe + Sound", Warren G "Regulate", 2Pac "Keep Ya Head Up/I Get Around/California Love/How Do U Want It", Too Short "Gettin It", Mack 10 "Backyard Boogie", etc...

All those songs were on the PLAYLIST not just mix shows... meaning played regularly like all the trash songs are played now days...

but yeah I agree Dre should stick to his roots.. catering to the "young audience" means you're selling out to be popular.. thats wack

thats the truth

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
Dr. Dre put out The Chronic, The Chronic 2001 both with his "West Coast" sound.  Period.

The word from his old friend "THE DOC" he mentioned Dre was going to a MAINSTREAM sound and not following his signature sound.  You can google those articles if you want.

Let's not all forget when Dr. Dre put out that first Aftermath release (I don't even remember the name - he was doing the tango or some shit) and it bombed.  His wife told him to go back to his gangsta sound and his Chronic 2001 blew up.

So, I'm sure Dr. Dre is going to be smart about this.  If he does a mainstream album, he better be careful.  Will it satisfy all his old fans?  Who knows.  There is a new generation of people out there buying music.  I think he's trying to please both sides.  I would say he's under pressure.  

What he should have done is dropped 2-3 albums over the last 10 years and get off this ego shit.  He probably has 300 tracks in the vaults, but Dr. Dre doesn't release old music (another ego bullshit attitude).  Shit, he should put out a 3CD album and pack up his bags.

Old fans are older now they wont buy music, New fans/kids will
i keep reading this argument, but it doesn't make sense. the younger people are more familiar with new techology, so it's easier for them to download

HighEyeCue

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2011, 05:57:19 AM »
Dr. Dre put out The Chronic, The Chronic 2001 both with his "West Coast" sound.  Period.

The word from his old friend "THE DOC" he mentioned Dre was going to a MAINSTREAM sound and not following his signature sound.  You can google those articles if you want.

Let's not all forget when Dr. Dre put out that first Aftermath release (I don't even remember the name - he was doing the tango or some shit) and it bombed.  His wife told him to go back to his gangsta sound and his Chronic 2001 blew up.

So, I'm sure Dr. Dre is going to be smart about this.  If he does a mainstream album, he better be careful.  Will it satisfy all his old fans?  Who knows.  There is a new generation of people out there buying music.  I think he's trying to please both sides.  I would say he's under pressure. 

What he should have done is dropped 2-3 albums over the last 10 years and get off this ego shit.  He probably has 300 tracks in the vaults, but Dr. Dre doesn't release old music (another ego bullshit attitude).  Shit, he should put out a 3CD album and pack up his bags.

Old fans are older now they wont buy music, New fans/kids will
i keep reading this argument, but it doesn't make sense. the younger people are more familiar with new techology, so it's easier for them to download

yeah in my experience its the older people who are more likely to buy albums, the younger fans are into downloading, they might buy the single via download but not the whole album

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »
i know they played snoop and dre ..and coolio lol.....but im talkin in general! not just the 90s...2000+ also!

some just dont wanna get my point and act stupid!

anyway yea i hope dre keeps it gangsta ..at least on some songs!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
i know they played snoop and dre ..and coolio lol.....but im talkin in general! not just the 90s...2000+ also!

No you weren't. I said gangsta rap was radio friendly in the 90s and you spent a page disagreeing

gangsta rap WAS NEVER radio friendly..because its never on the radio!...
+ its a well known fact that radio stations never did and still dont support WEST COAST MUSIC ! even the radio stations from the west be playin more the music from the south then the WEST!!!!!!

some just dont wanna get my point and act stupid!

anyway yea i hope dre keeps it gangsta ..at least on some songs!

You don't have a point. You made an idiot statement and now you're backtracking. Just admit you were wrong. And how old are you? You sound like a teenager.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »
just because they played snoop and dre and a few other doesnt mean its radio friendly! specially radio stations outside of the west coast!
michael jackson is radio friendly!!!!!!

i bet if there was a quiz...to answer ...what is radio friednly
a) michael jackson
b) backstreet boys
c) gangsta rap

u would choose C :) hahaha...
and u would fail the test!

NOW WATCH THIS!

and after u watch it SPEAK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

im older then u 100 %!

its the same with partys! when DJ's play songs in clubs!...they play everybody but never west coast artists! west coast is still underground ! its not like west coast is only dre and snoop!

+ i dont know what studio gangstaz u talkin about!  the only studo gangsta i know is dr.dre !
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:29:54 AM by RECOGNIZE187 »