Author Topic: Anybody know what a Rakim set list would look like? Goin to his show in Denmark  (Read 309 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
May 27 in copenhagen :) .

Anybody seen him live? Which songs can I expect?  ;D

I know he will do the classics but it would be great if anybody knew what a full set would be like?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Nobody knows?

Triple OG Rapsodie

Dubcc doesn't listen to Rakim

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

You dont like Rakim? seriously?!?

Triple OG Rapsodie

I'm not dubcc

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

I'm not dubcc

Oh I see.

Shits lame if people dont listen to him.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i saw Rakim on Wednesday night; i couldn't tell you the full set list but he played for about 1 hour, opened with My Melody, did loads of stuff from Paid In Full and Seventh Seal (they were really promoting the album), and classics from album in between (Don't Sweat The Technique, Know The Ledge etc). he ended the show with Coldcut's remix of "Paid In Full". All in all, really good show. Enjoy yourself.

also; is it a solo show? or is he with somebody else? Rakim was the opening act for Black Star (supposed to be De La Soul too but they didn't turn up...)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:56:42 AM by es-jay »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
i saw Rakim on Wednesday night; i couldn't tell you the full set list but he played for about 1 hour, opened with My Melody, did loads of stuff from Paid In Full and Seventh Seal (they were really promoting the album), and classics from album in between (Don't Sweat The Technique, Know The Ledge etc). he ended the show with Coldcut's remix of "Paid In Full". All in all, really good show. Enjoy yourself.

also; is it a solo show? or is he with somebody else? Rakim was the opening act for Black Star (supposed to be De La Soul too but they didn't turn up...)

+1

Thanks for your reply! Really good to know which songs he is gonna do!

Yeah its a solo show.

remember anymore then the ones you posted? ''etc'' ?  ;D

and cool that he is promotin seventh seal. really like that album!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
oh btw does he bring a hypeman like Busta brings Spliff, Meth brings Streetlife etc. ? :)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!

+1

Yeah its a solo show.

you know, stuff like "Microphone Fiend", "Been a Long Time" - i can imagine he would perform more tracks on a solo show than when he was warming up for Black Star on Wednesday.

No hypeman, his DJ did occasional adlibs, split the crowd for "Fuck you over there" and what not.

It was a really good show, he's a great performer.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

+1

Yeah its a solo show.

you know, stuff like "Microphone Fiend", "Been a Long Time" - i can imagine he would perform more tracks on a solo show than when he was warming up for Black Star on Wednesday.

No hypeman, his DJ did occasional adlibs, split the crowd for "Fuck you over there" and what not.

It was a really good show, he's a great performer.

Thanks man. really appreciate it.

cannot wait!

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Good for you. I was supposed to see him like three years ago, but then his whole european tour was cancelled to some BS. And the same year Kanye's concert in Prague got cancelled as the only one from whole fucking tour. Damn it was a sad year...

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good for you. I was supposed to see him like three years ago, but then his whole european tour was cancelled to some BS. And the same year Kanye's concert in Prague got cancelled as the only one from whole fucking tour. Damn it was a sad year...

at the gig i was at Rakim told us he wan't too keen on flying. he took the Queen Mary from New York to Portsmouth to come on this tour (7 days on a boat), said he had a right time, and now he knows about getting a boat to Europe is gonna come more often. i fucking hope so.